Stop hiring bad sellers! ?

gina_riley2

On 5/15/2021 at 10:25 PM, gina_riley2 said:

It boggles my mind when I see buyers come onto this forum to complain about a seller, when clearly it was their (client) fault.

When I check the gig the seller is offering, it is something that is way below market value, has atrocious writing skills, items in portfolio are unmistakenly stolen, or the profile picture is a celebrity model. 😑

I don’t have time to scroll thru bunch of “good job” reviews, but I do take the time to read thru the gig description and such. Yes, I have been duped even though I am careful but as harsh as this may sound, 75% of the time, it’s the buyers fault.

A simple inbox message could have solved their issue. Because they live in a fantasy la la land, they pay someone $5 or $10 to do work, they know in the real world should be at least $100 or more.

Expecting a unique logo for $20 then surprised that it was stolen after they’ve printed flyers, :woman_facepalming:t2:.

They say it takes money to make money. If you are a serious buyer or a small business owner, do yourself a favor, set aside at least $100 to experiment.

Buy a bunch of $5 gigs for $7.27 to see how well you mesh with the seller during the process, to see what the procedures are here, and finally what the end product looks like.

** NEVER ** buy from a seller that has a short gig or profile description. It’s short for a reason.

A seller doesn’t have to be proficient in English to be legit as long as they don’t offer writing gigs. An artist that cares, will take the time to hire someone to write them a great gig.

My suggestion, if you hired a seller without communication, with a short & poorly written description for $10, you are getting your just deserved payback.

Don’t expect freelancer to give you samples for a $10 project you are going to buy. Time is money, so if you have a large project, pay the measly $5 to get a sample.

It will be well worth the time, money and headache you saved yourself.

Finally, stop complaining about bad sellers, when it’s your fault. All freelance platforms have doozies and this one is no different. Pouting and saying you won’t ever buy here again is childish. There are great sellers here who offer top notch, professional work. You just have to find them.

First of all, Thank you so much for your valuable post. I am a seller one on Fiverr as a logo designer. I  always try to y the best service. But the matter of sorrow is that there are many buyers cheating me. They want a sample before placing the order. When I give them a sample and asked them are they liked my design or are they happy with my service? They said to me that I am 100% happy. Then I say please place the order they don't reply.  So I think that there should not want samples for any before placing the order. Thanks a lot.

• Like 45
  • Congrats! 6

11 minutes ago, adobezakariya said:

They want a sample before placing the order. When I give them a sample and asked them are they liked my design or are they happy with my service? They said to me that I am 100% happy. Then I say please place the order they don't reply.

Don't do ANY work for someone without an order first. If they want to see a sample of your work, make sure there are examples in your gig gallery, and tell them to look there. NEVER give away customized work for free. 

• Like 44
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 2

On 6/25/2021 at 10:17 AM, florence_111 said:

If you are a serious buyer or a small business owner, do yourself a favor, set aside at least $100 to experiment.

I agree with you, "More money is needed, As the quality job worth it", but sometimes proficient sellers can't set the gig at a high rate which should be, just because there is the majority of the buyers wants their work to be done just for $10 to $15. Even though there are sellers who are buyers too, they also hire the minimum budget gigs. We also have to wait to reach a certain level such as Seller 2 level to set the gig on high rates.

• Like 49
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, sanaaliabbasi said:

there is the majority of the buyers wants their work to be done just for $10 to $15.

Then don't target that "majority of buyers". If you go out of your way to scrape the bottom of the barrel, you'll get bottom of the barrel buyers that will cause you problems, and try to take advantage of you. Then, you'll become one of those confused sellers who comes here, to the forum, and complains that buyers are taking advantage of them, and they can't understand why.

A little logic can go a long way.

If you're serious about building a career as a freelancer, than I can guarantee that your services are worth more than $10.

If you drastically undersell yourself, just to make a cheap sale, then no one is going to take you seriously.

Edited by jonbaas
  • Like 47
  • Up 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2021 at 6:04 AM, checheugene said:

Oh, and I usually offer myself a free test task. Do you think this is wrong? I am worried that my style will not suit the buyer, so I do a test

Part of finding a hidden gem is communicating with the seller, chatting back and forth, looking at reviews (even if there are only a few) but to send a free sample, in my opinion, should not be sent because prices are already heavily discounted from other professionals and this is NOT an audition platform. I don’t know many pros who give away work hoping to land a job. On a rare occasion I will do it depending on the relationship I have established. Mostly your sample will just be added to the many others and presented to the buyer’s client. Yes, I land some of them but I always say no at first. If I am slow or I truly feel this person has backed off I may send it. But I always say I changed my sample policy because I get asked just about every day. People are kind and understand. I have even got the job when I said no to the free sample!

• Like 44
  • Confused 4

• 4 weeks later...

Sometimes, without any text buyer directly order a basic package and left a short requirements. Which is not enough for that project and he/she gone for a long time.  After few days suddenly he/she came online and want premium high quality service.  This is very disturbing thing, because he/she order a basic low price package but want high budget premium work.  For his/her satisfaction we worked as like he want but after everything done perfectly. He/she left a bad review. what is this ?

I faced that type of buyers many time and I think this is the most unfair thing in fiverr 😞 

• Like 33
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/15/2021 at 5:25 PM, gina_riley2 said:

If you are a serious buyer or a small business owner, do yourself a favor, set aside at least $100 to experiment.

Godspeed with this topic.
It might possibly be simpler to simply visit YouTube! There are a ton of FREE videos available that provide you with a ton of instructions and information on the benefits and drawbacks of various freelancing sites.
And in the case of Fiverr, they will warn you to be wary of super low rates or show you how to determine whether anything is genuine.
Consequently, you wouldn't even need to pay that amount for an experiment if you watched a five-minute YouTube tutorial video for instructions!

• Like 29

On 5/15/2021 at 7:25 PM, gina_riley2 said:

It boggles my mind when I see buyers come onto this forum to complain about a seller, when clearly it was their (client) fault.

When I check the gig the seller is offering, it is something that is way below market value, has atrocious writing skills, items in portfolio are unmistakenly stolen, or the profile picture is a celebrity model. 😑

I don’t have time to scroll thru bunch of “good job” reviews, but I do take the time to read thru the gig description and such. Yes, I have been duped even though I am careful but as harsh as this may sound, 75% of the time, it’s the buyers fault.

A simple inbox message could have solved their issue. Because they live in a fantasy la la land, they pay someone $5 or $10 to do work, they know in the real world should be at least $100 or more.

Expecting a unique logo for $20 then surprised that it was stolen after they’ve printed flyers, :woman_facepalming:t2:.

They say it takes money to make money. If you are a serious buyer or a small business owner, do yourself a favor, set aside at least $100 to experiment.

Buy a bunch of $5 gigs for $7.27 to see how well you mesh with the seller during the process, to see what the procedures are here, and finally what the end product looks like.

** NEVER ** buy from a seller that has a short gig or profile description. It’s short for a reason.

A seller doesn’t have to be proficient in English to be legit as long as they don’t offer writing gigs. An artist that cares, will take the time to hire someone to write them a great gig.

My suggestion, if you hired a seller without communication, with a short & poorly written description for $10, you are getting your just deserved payback.

Don’t expect freelancer to give you samples for a $10 project you are going to buy. Time is money, so if you have a large project, pay the measly $5 to get a sample.

It will be well worth the time, money and headache you saved yourself.

Finally, stop complaining about bad sellers, when it’s your fault. All freelance platforms have doozies and this one is no different. Pouting and saying you won’t ever buy here again is childish. There are great sellers here who offer top notch, professional work. You just have to find them.

I love that this is also a good advice for the sellers. As a newbie myself, I realised not giving much attention to the descriptions is not wise.

I was also planning to keep the prices too low so that people would prefer my service. But lower prices might leave an impression of poor quality. 

Thank you,

I will go and edit my gigs now. 👋

• Like 31