How to handle a fake buyer?

rajat2910

Hi, Today I am experiencing a problem with one order. Here buyer placed the order without contacting me before. And after the order he want me to deliver work within real time with and unexpected records (which is not possible at real time). I am trying to identify his/her name and other details. As they join in May 2021. But buyer didn’t provide me their details.

After 2-3 hours they send me request to cancel order without any reason. I am thinking that if its a fake buyer? And if i deliver work now then they can negatory my profile with bad review?

Hi, Today I am experiencing a problem with one order. Here buyer placed the order without contacting me before. And after the order he want me to deliver work within real time with and unexpected records (which is not possible at real time). I am trying to identify his/her name and other details. As they join in May 2021. But buyer didn’t provide me their details.

After 2-3 hours they send me request to cancel order without any reason. I am thinking that if its a fake buyer? And if i deliver work now then they can negatory my profile with bad review?

Here buyer placed the order without contacting me before

This is how Fiverr works - people come here, order things and expect to get them.

I know many sellers here put all over their profiles to contact them first, but, buyers are NOT held to that. You cannot make someone message you first.

And after the order he want me to deliver work within real time with and unexpected records (which is not possible at real time). I am trying to identify his/her name and other details. As they join in May 2021. But buyer didn’t provide me their details.

This part makes no sense in English anyways. What do you mean you are trying to “identify this buyer’s name?” We do not have access to someone’s account or real name here, and for good reason. There are a lot of nutty sellers who would go find someone on social media and harass them or worse. YES! I have seen it done over the years!

And if i deliver work now then they can negatory my profile with bad review?

Why would you deliver work now after they asked you to cancel the order. You even stated:

he want me to deliver work within real time with and unexpected records (which is not possible at real time)

which to me seems as though what they wanted you to do, cannot be done by you in whatever time frame the buyer expects.

YES, if you deliver something just to deliver, the buyer can give any sort of rating they like. If they want to give a 1* they can, you have no control over ratings that buyers give.

I am not sure why you think this is a fake buyer just because they just signed up in May of 2021. I have quite a few new to the site buyers who turn out to be great. Everyone is new at some point.

Maybe I just don’t get the gist of your story here.

GG

This is how Fiverr works - people come here, order things and expect to get them.

I know many sellers here put all over their profiles to contact them first, but, buyers are NOT held to that. You cannot make someone message you first.

And after the order he want me to deliver work within real time with and unexpected records (which is not possible at real time). I am trying to identify his/her name and other details. As they join in May 2021. But buyer didn’t provide me their details.

This part makes no sense in English anyways. What do you mean you are trying to “identify this buyer’s name?” We do not have access to someone’s account or real name here, and for good reason. There are a lot of nutty sellers who would go find someone on social media and harass them or worse. YES! I have seen it done over the years!

Why would you deliver work now after they asked you to cancel the order. You even stated:

he want me to deliver work within real time with and unexpected records (which is not possible at real time)

which to me seems as though what they wanted you to do, cannot be done by you in whatever time frame the buyer expects.

YES, if you deliver something just to deliver, the buyer can give any sort of rating they like. If they want to give a 1* they can, you have no control over ratings that buyers give.

I am not sure why you think this is a fake buyer just because they just signed up in May of 2021. I have quite a few new to the site buyers who turn out to be great. Everyone is new at some point.

GG

Yes, I completely understand that i cannot convince someone message me first. But what if buyer asking for 6 month work within 1 day gig. I am trying to convince them for extra work or time.

What do you mean you are trying to “identify this buyer’s name?” We do not have access to someone’s account or real name here, and for good reason.

I was trying to make conversation and only ask their name. But i got only one reply - “Cancel the order”

for every asked question i got reply “cancel the order”

There are a lot of nutty sellers who would go find someone on social media and harass them or worse. YES! I have seen it done over the years!

Why you think i will search them on social media? And only with a name? There are many person with same name. Many person with a name of Rajat.

They was asking me to deliver work as after the 4 min of order placed… “i need them now”

First, I read previous some topics related to such buyer, but didn’t get answer anywhere. That why i wrote in page.

Yes, I completely understand that i cannot convince someone message me first. But what if buyer asking for 6 month work within 1 day gig. I am trying to convince them for extra work or time.

What do you mean you are trying to “identify this buyer’s name?” We do not have access to someone’s account or real name here, and for good reason.

I was trying to make conversation and only ask their name. But i got only one reply - “Cancel the order”

There are a lot of nutty sellers who would go find someone on social media and harass them or worse. YES! I have seen it done over the years!

Why you think i will search them on social media? And only with a name? There are many person with same name. Many person with a name of Rajat.

They was asking me to deliver work as after the 4 min of order placed… “i need them now”

First, I read previous some topics related to such buyer, but didn’t get answer anywhere. That why i wrote in page.

Well, then, you are better off contacting customer service and asking if they can cancel this order for you so it will not affect your stats.

The reason I mentioned looking for the buyer on social media is because you mentioned you were trying to identify this buyer’s name. Obviously, English is not your first language, so the way you conveyed this is not how it sounded to me. And, yes, there have been sellers who will hunt down buyers to harass them. Not saying YOU would do that, just saying, I have seen some nutty sellers in my time who think they need to get revenge on a buyer who they think has ripped them off or done them wrong.

Well, that is ridiculous - ALL Gigs have a time frame attached - some are 24 hour delivery some a month or more. Do you have anywhere in your Gigs that you have 2, 6 or 12 hour turnaround? If you have in your Gig anything that leads a buyer to think you will work on something immediately (there ARE sellers who do have this in their Gigs - just saw one today that says they will deliver in 2 hours) that could be why this buyer was demanding you start work and deliver asap.

At this point though, you would be better off to cancel this if you have not already, as it sounds like you cannot do the work -

But what if buyer asking for 6 month work within 1 day gig.

I doubt you will be able to convince this buyer to give you months to do their work.

GG

Well, then, you are better off contacting customer service and asking if they can cancel this order for you so it will not affect your stats.

The reason I mentioned looking for the buyer on social media is because you mentioned you were trying to identify this buyer’s name. Obviously, English is not your first language, so the way you conveyed this is not how it sounded to me. And, yes, there have been sellers who will hunt down buyers to harass them. Not saying YOU would do that, just saying, I have seen some nutty sellers in my time who think they need to get revenge on a buyer who they think has ripped them off or done them wrong.

Well, that is ridiculous - ALL Gigs have a time frame attached - some are 24 hour delivery some a month or more. Do you have anywhere in your Gigs that you have 2, 6 or 12 hour turnaround? If you have in your Gig anything that leads a buyer to think you will work on something immediately (there ARE sellers who do have this in their Gigs - just saw one today that says they will deliver in 2 hours) that could be why this buyer was demanding you start work and deliver asap.

At this point though, you would be better off to cancel this if you have not already, as it sounds like you cannot do the work -

But what if buyer asking for 6 month work within 1 day gig.

I doubt you will be able to convince this buyer to give you months to do their work.

GG

Why not if buyer will ready to pay extra! If they actually need work then i will be happy to provide service.

But i will do my best to convince that the work (no of hours) they want for basic gig is not possible.

Yes, I do.

you mentioned you were trying to identify this buyer’s name

But how its possible to find person with just a name.

Why not if buyer will ready to pay extra! If they actually need work then i will be happy to provide service.

But i will do my best to convince that the work (no of hours) they want for basic gig is not possible.

Yes, I do.

you mentioned you were trying to identify this buyer’s name

But how its possible to find person with just a name.

I think we have a communication barrier here, so I will just wish you luck with this order.

GG

I was trying to make conversation and only ask their name.

Trying to make conversation can seem unprofessional (unless you offer one of those “I will be your friend and talk to you about anything” gigs).

I was trying to make conversation and only ask their name.

Trying to make conversation can seem unprofessional (unless you offer one of those “I will be your friend and talk to you about anything” gigs).

Yes, offering to be friends and talk about anything is unprofessional. But for selling a product we can do some conversation (like asking names, country)

Likewise i asked name.

Yes, offering to be friends and talk about anything is unprofessional. But for selling a product we can do some conversation (like asking names, country)

Likewise i asked name.

But for selling a product we can do some conversation (like asking names, country)

Only if someone’s name or country is necessary for you to deliver the work (for example, if you’re designing their business card). Not to mention that, if the buyer was in a hurry for you to finish the job ASAP, they will definitely not want you to ask them any unnecessary questions; they’re likely to feel that you’re wasting their time.

GG

Great answer! I love this.

Archived