Client asking to send an email to personal email address

berneyg

Only you will give your email address and buyer will send details on your email address.

No, it is against TOS and not “normal”. He either doesn’t know how the platform works or is trying to scam you in some way. Don’t do it. Instead, you should go read the Terms of Service on the Fiverr homepage. You agreed to them when signing up.

" * To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted."

favicon-32x32.png.d3abf68434e720d0e9d91275072a5cfe.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.81f628f89efff169789b438d928c930e.png

Fiverr's Terms of Service

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

Only you will give your email address and buyer will send details on your email address.

No, no, no! That is not allowed. See the above. Please stop responding to threads when you don’t know the right answer. Posting on the forum will not get you sales! You could have put @berneyg’s account in danger if she had followed your advice.

Yea then why does he need my email address to send the project details. Its against the terms and conditions of fiverr as far as I know. Why can’t the buyer send the details through fiverr? Plus this buyer has only joined recently on fiverr. Doesn’t have any reviews. How am I supposed to know whether it’s spam or not?.

@vibron,

Thank you so much. I felt it wasn’t right to do that. Thank you for saving me. God bless you

According to “Vibronx’s” comment it is against Fiverr’s rules and regulations. Please follow Fiverr’s rules. As a newcomer, the response of the Vibronx also helped me.

According to “Vibronx’s” comment it is against Fiverr’s rules and regulations. Please follow Fiverr’s rules. As a newcomer, the response of the Vibronx also helped me.

Yea. I agree with you. I already followed his advice. Thank you very much.

When any buyer tell you to send your email then you told him/her. Sending email is forbidden in fiverr. Then he/she understood… Some new buyer didn’t know the fiverr rules…

Yea, that’s right. I actually told him the fact. Thanks

No, it is against TOS and not “normal”. He either doesn’t know how the platform works or is trying to scam you in some way. Don’t do it. Instead, you should go read the Terms of Service on the Fiverr homepage. You agreed to them when signing up.

" * To protect our users’ privacy, user identities are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, ■■■■■/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted."

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

No, no, no! That is not allowed. See the above. Please stop responding to threads when you don’t know the right answer. Posting on the forum will not get you sales! You could have put @berneyg’s account in danger if she had followed your advice.

But sometime i need buyer mail address for staff invitation when i work on buyer’s shopify store, then what should i do?

I have passed that experience with an buyer and I gentry told him that without receiving order I couldn’t do it, Its fiverr against and I asking him about his requirement’s in details and when I think that Its comfortable for me to doing , I just sending him offer.

No, it is against TOS and not “normal”. Fiverr can take action for this conversation, and please read very carefully the Fiverr TOS

No don’t give him your email address or if he shared he don’t contact him on that email might he is trying to do some scam also it is against Fiverr policy so don’t break the rules 🙂

Thank you for your advice. Much appreciated

No don’t give him your email address or if he shared he don’t contact him on that email might he is trying to do some scam also it is against Fiverr policy so don’t break the rules 🙂

Thank you so much for your response . I’m not going to give any personal details.

try to avoid this, Fiverr have some terms and regulation it must be followed as a clients

and You can share your mail but it only for work purpose

Yea. That makes sense. It’s so disappointing when you realise the first contact turns out to be a scam. I consider this as a part of my experience and get going. Thanks for the advice though.

Thank you for your advice 💝

Hi there!

I just got a message from a buyer. he wants me to send my details to a given email address. He says that he wants to send me the project details. Is it normal?. I’m not sure. Please help.

Thank you

Hi there!

I just got a message from a buyer. he wants me to send my details to a given email address. He says that he wants to send me the project details. Is it normal?. I’m not sure. Please help.

Thank you

No! It is against the Fiverr terms of service for Seller’s to provide any personal information to the buyer’s. Every communication should be done only on Fiverr’s Messages.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Archived