A new seller has copied my entire gig

dilprasangika

Hey guys.

I am so confused about some incident that happened to me yesterday which was that I received a message from a new seller and he asked me for some tips for getting the first order on Fiverr.

So I told him some tips about how I got my first order a week ago I guess.

Yesterday I visited her profile and… woha!!!

I saw an exact replica of my gig with my description, price listing, everything.

the gig images that he using have a very tiny difference from mine.

I am so angry and disappointed about this new seller.

What can I do about it?

Please give me a hand on this matter.

Regards
-DIll <3

Hey guys.

I am so confused about some incident that happened to me yesterday which was that I received a message from a new seller and he asked me for some tips for getting the first order on Fiverr.

I saw an exact replica of my gig with my description, price listing, everything.

What can I do about it?

Regards

-DIll <3

I told him some tips about how I got my first order

Which you’re not supposed to do in my opinion. When someone comes in and ask such, you may better mark them as spams because its not related to your work, and redirect them to the forum if you really will. Forum is here to discuss about such things not the chat.

Which you’re not supposed to do in my opinion. When someone comes in and ask such, you may better mark them as spams because its not related to your work, and redirect them to the forum if you really will. Forum is here to discuss about such things not the chat.

Exactly.

I was going to mention that as well but chose to just answer the OPs question.

But you are right.

Hey guys.

What can I do about it?

Regards

-DIll <3

A cynic may quote:

No good deed goes unpunished.

An optimist may quote:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.

A regular seller will just report the gig and move on.

Thank you very much and In next time I will ask them to come forum and mark as spam. being a good person sometimes will have bad paybacks 😕

Hey guys.

What can I do about it?

Regards

-DIll <3

I received a message from a new seller and he asked me for some tips

You should also report this older/original message as spam and block the Seller.

Fiverr Terms of Service:

Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

A cynic may quote:

No good deed goes unpunished.

An optimist may quote:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness.

A regular seller will just report the gig and move on.

Thank you so much… really appreciate. I will tell her to do changes of gig if she didn’t agreed on that I will report her. Now I understand what should I do when such message come to my inbox. Thanks again!

I received a message from a new seller and he asked me for some tips

You should also report this older/original message as spam and block the Seller.

Fiverr Terms of Service:

Please respect our members privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.

Thanks, @imagination7413 I will surely report next time. I don’t like to violate TOS or to help the violate TOS. really appreciate your comment 🙂

Thank you so much… really appreciate. I will tell her to do changes of gig if she didn’t agreed on that I will report her. Now I understand what should I do when such message come to my inbox. Thanks again!

. I will tell her to do changes of gig if she didn’t agreed on that

I would avoid that. Confrontation doesn’t bring anything good, she can just block you after that and you wouldn’t have access to her profile to report it.

You don’t even need to open a ticket with customer support. Just go to her gig, it too right corner there is a flag icon, press it and it will give you options for what you are reporting her gig. And that’s it

Thank you very much and In next time I will ask them to come forum and mark as spam. being a good person sometimes will have bad paybacks 😕

being a good person sometimes will have bad paybacks

Good or bad will be decided by the regulations of Fiverr, Something which we usually think good might not be as good as that on the platform. As sellers we must do what Fiverr ask us to do in specific situations. To do that you need to read and understand the terms of service document in full. Trust me it’s very important.

Proud to find more Sri Lankans on the platform. 🇱🇰

Hello :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
i think much better for you to report he’s profile to Fiverr support, and explain to them your situation, include your old conversation with the new seller, and screenshot of your gig and they will check it for you, i think they have a something about wish one has create the campaign first.

being a good person sometimes will have bad paybacks

Good or bad will be decided by the regulations of Fiverr, Something which we usually think good might not be as good as that on the platform. As sellers we must do what Fiverr ask us to do in specific situations. To do that you need to read and understand the terms of service document in full. Trust me it’s very important.

Proud to find more Sri Lankans on the platform. 🇱🇰

Thanks for the clarification!

Yeah Me too…

Nice to meet a Sri Lankan same as me <3

Hello :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

i think much better for you to report he’s profile to Fiverr support, and explain to them your situation, include your old conversation with the new seller, and screenshot of your gig and they will check it for you, i think they have a something about wish one has create the campaign first.

Thank you so much for the clarification dear <3

Hello 🙂 This happens to me constantly actually, from what I learned from past posts, it’s just better to report them and don’t even try to contact the seller telling them to remove it or else. Some sellers have said the person who copied the gigs have reported them for harassing, etc. I would suggest to just report them and Fiverr will delete them.

I think that what make the difference is the contents, the level of your work and the previous work examples. The new seller can copy the phrases, the FAQ, the communications slogan.
The incoming clients will choose the person that have the portfolio that fit for his needs.
Doesn’t matter about the copied text… Do you have better works to show??? So, don’t worry!!
Sometimes I hire some singers and musician. The look was amazing, the text and the description was excellent. The portfolio was very cheap… So, leave that others copy your text… they admire you!
Be proud!
Keep your quality level high, have great patience (no limits is better) and take the opportunity that each gig is useful to improve your skills and make experiment of how to work better.

I think that what make the difference is the contents, the level of your work and the previous work examples. The new seller can copy the phrases, the FAQ, the communications slogan.

The incoming clients will choose the person that have the portfolio that fit for his needs.

Doesn’t matter about the copied text… Do you have better works to show??? So, don’t worry!!

Sometimes I hire some singers and musician. The look was amazing, the text and the description was excellent. The portfolio was very cheap… So, leave that others copy your text… they admire you!

Be proud!

Keep your quality level high, have great patience (no limits is better) and take the opportunity that each gig is useful to improve your skills and make experiment of how to work better.

Thank you so much… Now I feel some proud… I am worth person to copy to someone 🙂

Archived