I just got robbed on fiverr

shayneco

Hi. I’ve been here for years buying services. I recently got in contact with someone from ******** . he done some basically stuff, paid him all good. Few days later he was pestering me for more work i said no thank you. He has gone and deleted all the work i paid him for and removed an SSL i paid for too. Luckily for me i changed my panel logins.

The seller is: *********.

How do i file a complaint and get my money back and amend my review???

Shane.

Mod Note: 📋 It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs.

Contact CS directly through the Zendesk thingy, give them the order number and details, attach screenshots of everything for proof and write a few brief paragraphs politely. That’s the formula.

Provide me link pls and i will do so

Hi. I’ve been here for years buying services. I recently got in contact with someone from ******** . he done some basically stuff, paid him all good. Few days later he was pestering me for more work i said no thank you. He has gone and deleted all the work i paid him for and removed an SSL i paid for too. Luckily for me i changed my panel logins.

Shane.

Mod Note: 📋 It is against the Forum Rules to negatively call out a buyer or seller. You may send the username to Customer Support if the user has actually violated the Fiverr Terms of Service, but the public forum is not the right place forrname call-outs.

Few days later he was pestering me for more work

That is so unprofessional. :roll_eyes:

He has gone and deleted all the work i paid him for and removed an SSL i paid for too.

😱

I predict that after CS hears about this, the seller will get at the very least a warning and he may lose his account.

Shane.

Few days later he was pestering me for more work i said no thank you.

Yeah, just an FYI to other sellers. Don’t do this. This sellers gonna a get banned eventually for spam…

If you change the panel login access, how can the seller delete your work?
Maybe next time if you do job, make sure after the job completed you secure your position.

If the job is graphic design, download all file and ask for source file if it necessary.
If it some other job that need the seller to access your admin area of something, change the access once the job is done.

Hay, first of all make sure that the seller did so, because every buyer changes their login details after work done from a one time seller. we know because we do SEO and Web Development service. The buyers works with us regularly they never change, gave us a login for all time use when they need. and one time buyers change their login details after work done. So, make sure the work removed by mistake or the seller removed the work. And If you have only proof you can complaint to the seller.

• 8 months later...

Why has the sellers name been removed? this rule makes no sense. I have a few similar experiences as a buyer and it could be avoided if we could share our experiences in an honest and complete way.  (I'm very sorry you had to go through this btw)

1 hour ago, ledanieo said:

Why has the sellers name been removed? this rule makes no sense. I have a few similar experiences as a buyer and it could be avoided if we could share our experiences in an honest and complete way.  (I'm very sorry you had to go through this btw)

Ya I get what you are saying. But I believe that specific rule exists because Forum team isn't equipped to sort out disputes between buyers and sellers.. and as such calling out someone would be unfair to both the parties, buyers as well as sellers.. because, at that point, it becomes a credibility issue.. so no other choice but to make do with the marketplace's review system.. and to reach out to CS in case of any issues you may have with the seller.. since those are the established processes and forum is merely to network, get general issues addressed, share experiences etc.. anyhow that's just my understanding of it, not the official version of sorts.. 

• 1 month later...

This is true, but I just found out something. Fiverr doesn’t show any review where the seller has really messed up. I got reviews completely errased just because in my opinion the seller wasn’t very good, including proof of awful things i went through as a buyer was immediatly banned. This policy is actually an enourmous Lie support, it makes it seem that even the worst scammer is actually a great professional. I understand blocking graphic language or insulting, but fiverr blocks any opinion that is under 4.something stars, that makes it difficult to have an actually idea how the experience would be. My reviews get dumped just by saying the experience was not good 😹

17 hours ago, chet_kd said:

The best thing to do is contacting fiverr support. They are always helpful. 
Send them all the screenshots of the chat related to this issue. 

thanks this is true, fiverr supporters are very helpful to robbers, I was told by them over and over it’s the guidelines.

Archived