Advice For Sellers (A Buyer's Perspective)

porma9

• 3 weeks later...

So the 3 images are important, right? cause I’ve working with only 1 image lately!

Ideally have at least 10, 3 from yourself and the others from completed orders. Or, have some way to share your portfolio with people.

Hi, Good to hear from a buyers perspective.I am a seller who gets very less orders by submitting offers.I usually fail to win the bid.I am a level 1 seller and i have done 70+ orders.

Apparently graphic design is an extremely competitive gig section.

Your gigs appear to have multiple examples which is good. I will say though that just offering broad or generic gigs may be making it tougher for you though. Buyers (at least me) have a specific need. If I want a drawing of a person and I see a gig from someone who draws 20 logos, 3 flow charts and 2 people, I will feel uncertain because most of the seller’s experience is in logos, not people.

I usually end up asking sellers for relevant examples. So, you will want to title your gig and present examples of something you are best at, like logos or people or watercolor etc. I honestly just get confused when I read a gig where the seller can draw “everything” or “anything”.

You can draw all the logos you want all day…but if I or the buyer wants the drawing of a flower or a person or a landscape, not clearly seeing examples of landscape drawings will make it much harder to sell. Actually one way I’ve seen is, sellers will upload a picture of drawings (like 8 or so) so they can quickly show all the stuff they can do. You want to quickly and clearly show upfront you can draw what the buyer wants. If they can’t find it after like, I dunno, 15 seconds of reading, not good.

Also, label or define your art style on your gigs.

Hope this helps.

Apparently graphic design is an extremely competitive gig section.

Your gigs appear to have multiple examples which is good. I will say though that just offering broad or generic gigs may be making it tougher for you though. Buyers (at least me) have a specific need. If I want a drawing of a person and I see a gig from someone who draws 20 logos, 3 flow charts and 2 people, I will feel uncertain because most of the seller’s experience is in logos, not people.

I usually end up asking sellers for relevant examples. So, you will want to title your gig and present examples of something you are best at, like logos or people or watercolor etc. I honestly just get confused when I read a gig where the seller can draw “everything” or “anything”.

You can draw all the logos you want all day…but if I or the buyer wants the drawing of a flower or a person or a landscape, not clearly seeing examples of landscape drawings will make it much harder to sell. Actually one way I’ve seen is, sellers will upload a picture of drawings (like 8 or so) so they can quickly show all the stuff they can do. You want to quickly and clearly show upfront you can draw what the buyer wants. If they can’t find it after like, I dunno, 15 seconds of reading, not good.

Also, label or define your art style on your gigs.

Hope this helps.

Yea, really helpful, thank you

Archived