Buyer asking modify the completed work

shozibdesign

Hello,
I am a motion designer. Recently I have finished a project of lower third. I respect all of my clients but he is different. After client feedback finally, I delivered a well-finished project. He was happy with my service but put 3* Review. Anyways I also give him a positive review and reply to his review on my profile.

Now two weeks later he asked to modify the work. I’m not interested to do his work anymore. What should I do?

Hello,

I am a motion designer. Recently I have finished a project of lower third. I respect all of my clients but he is different. After client feedback finally, I delivered a well-finished project. He was happy with my service but put 3* Review. Anyways I also give him a positive review and reply to his review on my profile.

Now two weeks later he asked to modify the work. I’m not interested to do his work anymore. What should I do?

What should I do?

Take Unlimited Revisions off the gig so there’ll be less chance of an issue with future orders.

It’s up to you what you do. Fiverr CS has sometimes asked a seller/sellers to do a revision even after completion I think (if they’ve got free revisions left) but that might have been when the order was within 14 days of completion. You could check with CS what they recommend if you wanted to.

If you wanted to keep the unlimited revisions maybe add a note somewhere in the gig that revisions can only be taken until the order is complete.

Don’t do anything for them. If they want modifications, they have to pay for it. But I’d just block them just for the review itself. Move on from these kind of buyers.

I am afraid, if I don’t modify it, he might give a bad report.

What should I do?

Take Unlimited Revisions off the gig so there’ll be less chance of an issue with future orders.

It’s up to you what you do. Fiverr CS has sometimes asked a seller/sellers to do a revision even after completion I think (if they’ve got free revisions left) but that might have been when the order was within 14 days of completion. You could check with CS what they recommend if you wanted to.

If you wanted to keep the unlimited revisions maybe add a note somewhere in the gig that revisions can only be taken until the order is complete.

This is a good point, there should be notes for unlimited revisions. I heard the buyer has power the cancellation of a finished order. So, I’m a little bit worried about that.

I am afraid, if I don’t modify it, he might give a bad report.

if I don’t modify it, he might give a bad report.

You did your job, the buyer accepted it. You don’t have to do anything else, especially for free after the order completion. You can ask them to pay extra for the modifications and create a custom offer. Just remember, they can give you a bad review once again. I wouldn’t risk it.

I heard the buyer has power the cancellation of a finished order

That’s the reason why having Unlimited Revisions is a big mistake. You should edit your Gig asap and change it.

if I don’t modify it, he might give a bad report.

You did your job, the buyer accepted it. You don’t have to do anything else, especially for free after the order completion. You can ask them to pay extra for the modifications and create a custom offer. Just remember, they can give you a bad review once again. I wouldn’t risk it.

I heard the buyer has power the cancellation of a finished order

That’s the reason why having Unlimited Revisions is a big mistake. You should edit your Gig asap and change it.

Good one, I will follow next time. Thanks

Let me help. First have you collected his money, I mean have you withdrawn it? If yes, block him right away, block him this instance. But if you’re yet to get his money, then do this. Tell him you are having issues with your computer, and you need to get it fixed in so so days, I mean the exact day you can withdraw the funds, once you withdraw the funds, block him. Don’t accept to do the revisions just tell him you’re having issue with your PC, maybe bad motherboard. Also report to customer support before all this too… the reason is because he could perform a charge back, but if you delay him enough to get the money, even if he performs a chargeback, fiverr will likely pay you back since chargebacks get credited directly to fiverrs account.

The ball is in your court, you have two options. It is either you modify the job for the buyer or you refuse to do it probably you renegotiate and agree on terms.

But if you do not do what the buyer requested It might affect your account negatively.

The thing is you guys should just try and settle things.

Good luck!

You are free to not doing his job now. Just say you dont want to do it, you are busy, or simply you cant risk getting another 3star review. Even if he doesnt understand, he cant harm you just because you didint take the job.

If you withdrawn the money you get from him, he has no chance

Let me help. First have you collected his money, I mean have you withdrawn it? If yes, block him right away, block him this instance. But if you’re yet to get his money, then do this. Tell him you are having issues with your computer, and you need to get it fixed in so so days, I mean the exact day you can withdraw the funds, once you withdraw the funds, block him. Don’t accept to do the revisions just tell him you’re having issue with your PC, maybe bad motherboard. Also report to customer support before all this too… the reason is because he could perform a charge back, but if you delay him enough to get the money, even if he performs a chargeback, fiverr will likely pay you back since chargebacks get credited directly to fiverrs account.

Thanks, I will try 😀

Can i know about buyer country? You can report about this buyer on support by providing all of proofs where he replies that he is happy with your service.

Even if he said he was happy, fiverr support won’t force him to accept the delivery.

You offer Unlimited Revisions. It is trouble for life, unless stated in the offer that it is limited to order completion. It is a fine line but some buyers will take advantage of.

you are right, we should avoid unlimited revisions

You offer Unlimited Revisions. It is trouble for life, unless stated in the offer that it is limited to order completion. It is a fine line but some buyers will take advantage of.

Thanks for your suggestions, Everyone suggest to avoid the unlimited revisions.

Hy, that i understand revision only works in a progress order. And if you provide unlimited revision then the buyer can request you to revise the order unlimited time before the order finished. Since the order already finished and the buyer was satisfied with your final delivery before. You should not work for free for the client anymore by the name of revision. And if the buyer is not good you think and want to avoid to work with his/her anymore, tell him/her that yes we will modify the work if you need this time and say me a huge price from the actual working price that the buyer will never work with. You stick with the price. Hope this will helpful to you.

You are free to not doing his job now. Just say you dont want to do it, you are busy, or simply you cant risk getting another 3star review. Even if he doesnt understand, he cant harm you just because you didint take the job.

NOT TRUE.

Do a search on the forum for the term “charge backs”. It means NOTHING if the money has cleared and the seller has withdrawn it. NOTHING! The buyer can still either try to cancel via customer service OR make a dispute with PayPal or their credit card. What happens then, is the seller’s balance will likely be negative whatever the amount was that the Gig cost.

All this advice about lying to the buyer about your computer being broken and you won’t get it back until the day their payment clears is nonsense.

Trust me, if a buyer wants to get their money back, they will get it back. Period.

GG

Hy, that i understand revision only works in a progress order. And if you provide unlimited revision then the buyer can request you to revise the order unlimited time before the order finished. Since the order already finished and the buyer was satisfied with your final delivery before. You should not work for free for the client anymore by the name of revision. And if the buyer is not good you think and want to avoid to work with his/her anymore, tell him/her that yes we will modify the work if you need this time and say me a huge price from the actual working price that the buyer will never work with. You stick with the price. Hope this will helpful to you.

Thanks for your suggestions

NOT TRUE.

Do a search on the forum for the term “charge backs”. It means NOTHING if the money has cleared and the seller has withdrawn it. NOTHING! The buyer can still either try to cancel via customer service OR make a dispute with PayPal or their credit card. What happens then, is the seller’s balance will likely be negative whatever the amount was that the Gig cost.

All this advice about lying to the buyer about your computer being broken and you won’t get it back until the day their payment clears is nonsense.

Trust me, if a buyer wants to get their money back, they will get it back. Period.

GG

Thanks for your information. But sometimes it’s one kind of harassment for us.

• 3 weeks later...

NOT TRUE.

GG

I do not think fiverr would pay to a customer on a sellers behalf. What if all of the buyers would want to get their money back after 15 days? Is fiverr gonna pay million dollars? No.

That cant be their policy.

Anyway, you are %100 correct about lying. Im just tryng to say you dont have to do it.

Edit: After all, they cannot withdraw money from your other accounts without you confirming it. There is not a single platform that can grab your money without you depositing it.

Archived