Why I was chosen to be a Top Rated Seller

melissaharlowvo

Sellers as ask me this question all the time, especially those who are close to reaching the minimum standard, which is listed in your level requirements.

First congrats if you are close or have met the minimum requirements to be a Top Rated Seller (TRS) !!! It is not easy and getting the actual status is a bit of a mystery!

I have 2 answers for you:

First you are “hand-picked” to be a TRS. The Fiverr staff looks at all aspects of your interactions with buyers, sellers, potential buyers, your gigs, your stats, your deliveries, and all communications. Unless you are on the inside of Fiverr, you or I have no idea what their thoughts are. Sending a message to customer service will only get you the same answer I have just given you. So there is no formula that you can just check the box and be a TRS. The standards to meet are just the minimum requirements, the FINAL PART is the hand-picked process. It’s agonizing to wait, trust me! At the time I didn’t know that a TRS is hand picked so I expected to just automatically be a TRS. As I researched what was going on, I was disappointed that there was nothing else I could do…just wait and then …stop waiting and get back to my lovely buyers.

This leads to the second point: I am going to use a school analogy— if you would be given an A+ from a teacher, always turned your homework in on time, your assignments were always complete and beautiful, never got into fights on the playground, never went to the principals office, participated in helping students and were always kind to others even when no one is looking… then I wouldn’t worry.

You are chosen when it’s right and that could be in a month or never. Continuing with the school analogy, if you got an A+ in school but your behavior was a bit hot and cold you may never be selected for a TRS.

All I can say is just relax and focus on continuing to give amazing customer service. It’s so hard sometimes…especially when you are breaking your own rules to help someone or make them happy. To me, money is important but my reputation is even more important. This is why Fiverr is different. They actually reward people for those intrinsic behaviors that you can’t buy, sell or trade.

It took me one month to be chosen as a Top Rated Seller after I met the minimum requirements. I met the maximum requirements by just being professional to everyone, never violating the Terms of Service and reading them until I fully understood them, delivering top quality work and admitting when I made a mistake and fixing it promptly, trying my best with everything, being myself and showing that I am human, expressing kindness and creating gigs that sell.

I hope this helps.

Do fiverr re-asses you for TRS status every month?? Or do you only get one chance?

So say you don’t make it one month. If you drastically improve for the next few months they might decide to promote you?

If you lose it, you have to get re-picked manually. I was TRS for 5 years, I had surgery one month, had less than 90% stats due to cancellations, and I’ve never been picked as a TRS again since 2019 when that happened.

If you lose it, you have to get re-picked manually. I was TRS for 5 years, I had surgery one month, had less than 90% stats due to cancellations, and I’ve never been picked as a TRS again since 2019 when that happened.

Damn, really feels like a bit of a death sentence to your TRS status if you get a bunch of cancellations or lates.

I don’t think I’m gonna get it. I had really bad health problems just as I hit TRS criteria and got stuck in hospital for three weeks. It was the same time my orders skyrocketed to obnoxious levels too (Worst timing ever) and I just barley managed to keep my level two from lates / cancellations.

Just trying not to worry about it and focus on doing well. Hopefully I’ll get that magical email one day that tells me I’ve been promoted 😄

I’ve seen one guy on the forums reclaim his TRS status after I searched for it and he was demoted for similar reasons.

Damn, really feels like a bit of a death sentence to your TRS status if you get a bunch of cancellations or lates.

I don’t think I’m gonna get it. I had really bad health problems just as I hit TRS criteria and got stuck in hospital for three weeks. It was the same time my orders skyrocketed to obnoxious levels too (Worst timing ever) and I just barley managed to keep my level two from lates / cancellations.

Just trying not to worry about it and focus on doing well. Hopefully I’ll get that magical email one day that tells me I’ve been promoted 😄

I’ve seen one guy on the forums reclaim his TRS status after I searched for it and he was demoted for similar reasons.

Well, it is what it is.

What I can tell you is that aside from being able to withdraw funds 7 days earlier, there’s no real benefit. You get access to some newer programs, if they choose you, and obviously it depends on how much that matters to you. Support is maybe a little bit faster to reply, but I don’t use them that much anyway.

I didn’t get more work than what I get now, and the 7 day thing… if you have consistent work, you will barely feel it. Although someone that has only a few large orders a month will most likely see the difference.

Well, it is what it is.

What I can tell you is that aside from being able to withdraw funds 7 days earlier, there’s no real benefit. You get access to some newer programs, if they choose you, and obviously it depends on how much that matters to you. Support is maybe a little bit faster to reply, but I don’t use them that much anyway.

I didn’t get more work than what I get now, and the 7 day thing… if you have consistent work, you will barely feel it. Although someone that has only a few large orders a month will most likely see the difference.

Yeah, I’m sure it wont give me many more orders and I’m not bothered about the 7 days. It’s just a shiny badge.

I just feel like it offers more security. Even if it’s just a small amount.

I say this because all I see on the forums is “I’m a level two seller and I’ve been shoved to the last page” often people with thousands of amazing reviews, bringing lots of money into the site.

I’ve sat and watched pretty much all of my level 2 competitors get shifted to the last page over the years never to return again, whilst the TRS guys and ex-TRS guys stay in the same place. It could be me next!!

I just want to minimize my risk of getting put in the dungeon by fiverr.

Yeah, I’m sure it wont give me many more orders and I’m not bothered about the 7 days. It’s just a shiny badge.

I say this because all I see on the forums is “I’m a level two seller and I’ve been shoved to the last page” often people with thousands of amazing reviews, bringing lots of money into the site.

I’ve sat and watched pretty much all of my level 2 competitors get shifted to the last page over the years never to return again, whilst the TRS guys and ex-TRS guys stay in the same place. It could be me next!!

That’s exactly what my thoughts are about TRS! It just makes you stand out from the Crowd.

There are also TRS people that contacted me when I said I was removed from search, saying they were not getting orders and were pushed to the back. So it’s for everyone. The badge is shiny, but it definitely doesn’t offer any security.

There are also TRS people that contacted me when I said I was removed from search, saying they were not getting orders and were pushed to the back. So it’s for everyone. The badge is shiny, but it definitely doesn’t offer any security.

Ah fair, well that puts my mind at ease at least, thanks. That badge do be shiny tho 😂

Do fiverr re-asses you for TRS status every month?? Or do you only get one chance?

So say you don’t make it one month. If you drastically improve for the next few months they might decide to promote you?

All I know is it’s up to the Fiverr staff and it’s a “behind the scenes” thing, so none of us have the inside information. My guess is that the monthly review is key but if you are struggling or have a few “bloopers” (poor stats) it will take time to recover. iIt is a Fiverr mystery and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

The badge is shiny, but it definitely doesn’t offer any security.

Nothing is secure and it’s constant work and upkeep to be a TRS.

It’s WORK, WORK, WORK! You can still be demoted for bad behavior or deeply declining stats (the maintenance requirements are still the same)

There are other “industry benefits” to being a TRS not just a badge… I am in the voice over industry and a huge benefit as a Top Rated Seller is a bit accidental. I don’t have to audition 50-100 times to get a $200 job because they simply show up in my order queue. For example, other platforms charge a yearly fee of about $400 plus take another 20% from the order. You have access to real auditions but you are pooled in with hundreds of others who are trying for the same job. So you are recording, mastering and sending out free work all day long that may never get you any work. On Fiverr, the buyer likes your gig, places a REAL order and you deliver it. The best part is that as a TRS you get paid within 7 days of completion. On other platforms, you have to constantly watch the payment because it’s up to the client to pay you when they want too. Chasing the money is a waist of time when you can use a superior platform like Fiverr.

Fiverr gives everyone the same guidelines and it’s up to you how you use them.

I will be returning from a 2week road trip and we will see what happens to my stats. It used to take a few weeks to see a new order but the last several times I was slammed when I returned.

The badge is shiny, but it definitely doesn’t offer any security.

Nothing is secure and it’s constant work and upkeep to be a TRS.

It’s WORK, WORK, WORK! You can still be demoted for bad behavior or deeply declining stats (the maintenance requirements are still the same)

There are other “industry benefits” to being a TRS not just a badge… I am in the voice over industry and a huge benefit as a Top Rated Seller is a bit accidental. I don’t have to audition 50-100 times to get a $200 job because they simply show up in my order queue. For example, other platforms charge a yearly fee of about $400 plus take another 20% from the order. You have access to real auditions but you are pooled in with hundreds of others who are trying for the same job. So you are recording, mastering and sending out free work all day long that may never get you any work. On Fiverr, the buyer likes your gig, places a REAL order and you deliver it. The best part is that as a TRS you get paid within 7 days of completion. On other platforms, you have to constantly watch the payment because it’s up to the client to pay you when they want too. Chasing the money is a waist of time when you can use a superior platform like Fiverr.

Fiverr gives everyone the same guidelines and it’s up to you how you use them.

I will be returning from a 2week road trip and we will see what happens to my stats. It used to take a few weeks to see a new order but the last several times I was slammed when I returned.

The best part is that as a TRS you get paid within 7 days of completion.

As I said in one of my posts above, it depends on how many orders you get. For some people that work on a few, but larger orders, I can totally see the 7 days being a thing. But for someone that does cheaper, daily deliveries, this isn’t really that different.

I was TRS for 5 years, I had surgery one month, had less than 90% stats due to cancellations, and I’ve never been picked as a TRS again since 2019 when that happened

That is awful! Your health is so fragile and we all know how that can be taken away so fast.

Archived