What should be my first step as a new seller?

samiha_niad076

Hi there,
I’m new to Fiverr, pray for me so that I can achieve my goal on Fiverr. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
And I would be really grateful for any advice. I feel that experts should assist the beginner in getting their first order on Fiverr.
What say, guys? 😇

Hi there,

I’m new to Fiverr, pray for me so that I can achieve my goal on Fiverr. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

And I would be really grateful for any advice. I feel that experts should assist the beginner in getting their first order on Fiverr.

What say, guys? 😇

I feel that experts should assist the beginner in getting their first order on Fiverr.

Experienced sellers can actually assist new sellers without ever directly communicating with each other. Looking at how successful gig pages are structured, priced, and presented is great insight into positive trends and practices that a new seller can take note of (but not copy).

Before even putting up a single gig, read and understand the ToS and do the free introductory Online Freelancing Essentials course offered by Fiverr. Not knowing the rules and the basics of gig pages, orders, and deliveries very often results in disaster.

Be truthful in what you are good at and honest in your assessment of if you think people are willing to purchase from a complete stranger your particular services.

Research the category you plan to enter. Find out how sellers present and price themselves and see if there is a real demand for the service and also determine if the category is over-saturated. If the field is crowded, plan to distinct yourself through some means, whether by focusing on a less-saturated niche or presenting your gigs in a unique manner.

Dive into the forum and read the pearls of wisdom and horror stories from other actual buyers and sellers. There’s a lot of terrible advice floating on the forum, but valuable insight can also be discovered if one takes the time to properly analyze what people say and determine if it seems logical and factually based, or just hogwash.

All of what I mentioned should be done before a single gig page goes up on a new account. Unfortunately, most new sellers neglect most or all of these important steps and dive headfirst into ruin.

-TLDR Version: Learn the platform rules, be honest in what you are good at, and do proper research into the categories you are entering.

I feel that experts should assist the beginner in getting their first order on Fiverr.

Experienced sellers can actually assist new sellers without ever directly communicating with each other. Looking at how successful gig pages are structured, priced, and presented is great insight into positive trends and practices that a new seller can take note of (but not copy).

Before even putting up a single gig, read and understand the ToS and do the free introductory Online Freelancing Essentials course offered by Fiverr. Not knowing the rules and the basics of gig pages, orders, and deliveries very often results in disaster.

Be truthful in what you are good at and honest in your assessment of if you think people are willing to purchase from a complete stranger your particular services.

Research the category you plan to enter. Find out how sellers present and price themselves and see if there is a real demand for the service and also determine if the category is over-saturated. If the field is crowded, plan to distinct yourself through some means, whether by focusing on a less-saturated niche or presenting your gigs in a unique manner.

Dive into the forum and read the pearls of wisdom and horror stories from other actual buyers and sellers. There’s a lot of terrible advice floating on the forum, but valuable insight can also be discovered if one takes the time to properly analyze what people say and determine if it seems logical and factually based, or just hogwash.

All of what I mentioned should be done before a single gig page goes up on a new account. Unfortunately, most new sellers neglect most or all of these important steps and dive headfirst into ruin.

-TLDR Version: Learn the platform rules, be honest in what you are good at, and do proper research into the categories you are entering.

That’s really kind of you 😇

You need to delete your product description and review gig as the word review is in the URL and this can’t be changed.

Suggest you remove the word essay from your rewriting gig description and list of skills. Also remove product reviews from your profile description as Fiverr does not allow either.

To offer product reviews and help with academic work is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page. To offer such services is to risk your account.

You need to delete your product description and review gig as the word review is in the URL and this can’t be changed.

Suggest you remove the word essay from your rewriting gig description and list of skills. Also remove product reviews from your profile description as Fiverr does not allow either.

To offer product reviews and help with academic work is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page. To offer such services is to risk your account.

I think my post went too macro while your post is more befitting of an “Improve My Gig” thread and addressed the direct micro issues. 😄

I think my post went too macro while your post is more befitting of an “Improve My Gig” thread and addressed the direct micro issues. 😄

@enunciator Yours is a great reply which maybe you would like to change slightly, and post this information as a Tips for Sellers topic.

I am always looking for things to include in my “share” cupboard.

@enunciator Yours is a great reply which maybe you would like to change slightly, and post this information as a Tips for Sellers topic.

I am always looking for things to include in my “share” cupboard.

Not to derail the thread, but I don’t think I’m established/successful enough to qualify for creating my own tip threads yet.

I’ll stick to randomly replying to threads in the meantime. 😀

Archived