Newbie with an interested buyer. What's next?

leighrobert

Hello! I created my gig just a few days ago and I already have an interested buyer! We are in conversation about a project and I’m confused on how to proceed with the order if it is placed? Is there a step by step guide for new sellers on the process works?

Unfortunately, not really. It depends completely on your service and the contract between you and the buyer. You set your own steps and communication schedule. About the only things I can suggest is to be sure you have EVERYTHING needed to complete the full order, before you start. (I glanced at your profile, for VO, I think that includes intended use and if that use needs and form or level of rights.)

Fiverr does, fortunately have an article on delivering: fiverr.com/support/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-Order

Does that answer your question, or did I miss something?

Unfortunately, not really. It depends completely on your service and the contract between you and the buyer. You set your own steps and communication schedule. About the only things I can suggest is to be sure you have EVERYTHING needed to complete the full order, before you start. (I glanced at your profile, for VO, I think that includes intended use and if that use needs and form or level of rights.)

Fiverr does, fortunately have an article on delivering: fiverr.com/support/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-Order

Does that answer your question, or did I miss something?

Thank you for your quick reply! So we work out the terms of our contract through email, then the buyer puts in an order for a project? I then fill the order and file it as I get it done? It’s all a little overwhelming 🙂. Was there something in my profile that I need to edit?

Thank you for your quick reply! So we work out the terms of our contract through email, then the buyer puts in an order for a project? I then fill the order and file it as I get it done? It’s all a little overwhelming 🙂. Was there something in my profile that I need to edit?

NO NO NO NO NO. NEVER GO THROUGH EMAIL. Keep all communication within Fiverr, as this is a ToS violation in most cases. Insist they message through the Fiverr system, because they can scam you claiming there was no work otherwise!

NO NO NO NO NO. NEVER GO THROUGH EMAIL. Keep all communication within Fiverr, as this is a ToS violation in most cases. Insist they message through the Fiverr system, because they can scam you claiming there was no work otherwise!

My apologies, I didn’t mean email, we are communicating through Fiverr.

puts in an order for a project? I then fill the order and file it as I get it done?

There is a free course on fiverr.learn on how to be a successful freelancer and they do explain how fiverr system works and how to deliver your order

puts in an order for a project? I then fill the order and file it as I get it done?

There is a free course on fiverr.learn on how to be a successful freelancer and they do explain how fiverr system works and how to deliver your order

Yes, I have gone through the course, but maybe I’ll have to revisit the information page.

Welcome to Fiverr 🙂
I hope your first gig is successful!

I’m sure you will face this situation down the road, but just a heads-up:
You might want to have a clear revision policy in your gig description, like adding things like

• I will charge extra if you change your mind and ask for something which was not mentioned in the
    original request

along with things like “I will not record offensive/vulgar material”

Good luck and happy gigging! 😃

Archived