Can someone answer me?

steveink

I placed an order for illustrations for a book. Before I even placed the order I was told that I would receive sample sketches of what pages would look like. I have repeatedly asked for progress pictures and things like that only to be met with responses like “good luck”, “ok dear”, and vague responses like that. My question is this. What happens if an order isn’t delivered on time? I don’t want to just cancel the order on the off chance that maybe they just don’t understand me as we are in different countries and there is a language barrier, but at the same time I’m worried that I will have waited all this time for services that I’m counting on that I’m not going to receive through this particular vendor.

Hi Steve, this sounds like a frustrating experience. How much time is left on the order? If there is still quite some time left I’d try again leaving a polite message (maybe word it differently) asking them if you can see some sketches. If there isn’t much time left, I’d wait until the delivery time and if they don’t deliver then contact customer support. Then they can help you resolve the situation or cancel the order.

Either way I would also start looking for another seller as a backup option.

Hey,

If the order isn’t delivered on time I think it’s automatically cancelled and your money refunded along with an automatic 1 star review for failure to deliver for the seller. I’m not 100% sure of that though. You could contact customer support about this and consider getting your money back and going with a different seller. I know it’s hassle and time wasted but a response like “good luck” and “ok dear” would be a red flag for me.

I’m not saying that a language barrier should prevent anyone from receiving orders, but in this case it might be more hassle than it’s worth.

sometimes sellers might be worried that you will be using their work for someone else. Or if you are another freelancer who is actually reselling their work.

If its not that much time left for the order, I would suggest to wait for your delivery and see how it goes. You also should have a revision included, means when they deliver and you are not happy you can ask them to make changes.

As other suggested I would recommend to look for a backup seller just in case.

sometimes sellers might be worried that you will be using their work for someone else. Or if you are another freelancer who is actually reselling their work.

If its not that much time left for the order, I would suggest to wait for your delivery and see how it goes. You also should have a revision included, means when they deliver and you are not happy you can ask them to make changes.

As other suggested I would recommend to look for a backup seller just in case.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate that.

Hey,

If the order isn’t delivered on time I think it’s automatically cancelled and your money refunded along with an automatic 1 star review for failure to deliver for the seller. I’m not 100% sure of that though. You could contact customer support about this and consider getting your money back and going with a different seller. I know it’s hassle and time wasted but a response like “good luck” and “ok dear” would be a red flag for me.

I’m not saying that a language barrier should prevent anyone from receiving orders, but in this case it might be more hassle than it’s worth.

Thank you so much for your input. It has been a slight bit worrisome.

Hi Steve, this sounds like a frustrating experience. How much time is left on the order? If there is still quite some time left I’d try again leaving a polite message (maybe word it differently) asking them if you can see some sketches. If there isn’t much time left, I’d wait until the delivery time and if they don’t deliver then contact customer support. Then they can help you resolve the situation or cancel the order.

Either way I would also start looking for another seller as a backup option.

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate that.

Hey,

They’re not automatically cancelled. It just starts counting the time you are late but cancellation has to be done manually.

And yes, those responses are a big red flag ._.

Archived