Fiverr Business Client wants 1/4 of their project as sample -_-

bintzia

I received a msg from a business client prospect who wanted their tech. manual edited. As I had responded 6 hours later, I was pretty sure they had moved on… but, no. They have a 13-page manual and asked me to edit 3 as a sample. nuh uh!

I automatically assumed business clients are trustworthy or maybe I am blindsided.

I have received this, the guy really thought I was gonna spend time to make samples then I know my job and have nothing to prove and thought I was like a dog that we feed if satisfied or not… I don’t understand them at all

1351788375_Sanstitre.png.b2c1971584a60c33fe31112e854a994f.png
Sans titre747×629 47.5 KB

Beggars can’t be choosers. Wow, the audacity to request ‘as soon as possible’. If there’s a tight deadline, how about paying first?

Just offer to do 3-page sample for 23% of the budget.

If they refuse, just walk away.

I am prettttyyy sure it would lead to a no. Thank you, I’ll pocket this for later chuckles

If it isn’t like hundred + dollar order I would say not worth it. Unless you can do the sample in under hour or so. :thinking:

I knowww, right and if I have time.

If there’s a tight deadline, how about paying first?

Once, I quoted double for a tight deadline and the buyer said, “wait, I just remembered there is a bit time” lol!

I received a msg from a business client prospect who wanted their tech. manual edited. As I had responded 6 hours later, I was pretty sure they had moved on… but, no. They have a 13-page manual and asked me to edit 3 as a sample. nuh uh!

I automatically assumed business clients are trustworthy or maybe I am blindsided.

I automatically assumed business clients are trustworthy

My experience with business clients has been mostly good so far, but that’s just luck. It’s not like they need to pass certain requirements, they just need to apply (and it’s free for the first year).

I automatically assumed business clients are trustworthy

My experience with business clients has been mostly good so far, but that’s just luck. It’s not like they need to pass certain requirements, they just need to apply (and it’s free for the first year).

Aaaha! So that’s the reason.

My experience hasn’t been bad either, except this one, which was questionable.

I am hoping they don’t respond back. This way I am saved of the hassle of conversing unnecessarily.

Yeah don’t bother.

All they need to do is go from seller to seller and say “hey can you write these 3 pages for a sample” until they’ve gotten the whole book written for free.

Offer them it for the price of three pages worth and if they turn it down then it’s a no go.

And business seller dosen’t mean quality buyer at all. Unlike VID which means they’ve done many jobs. Business seller just means they paid extra for the business subscription. Anyone can do that.

Yeah don’t bother.

All they need to do is go from seller to seller and say “hey can you write these 3 pages for a sample” until they’ve gotten the whole book written for free.

Offer them it for the price of three pages worth and if they turn it down then it’s a no go.

And business seller dosen’t mean quality buyer at all. Unlike VID which means they’ve done many jobs. Business seller just means they paid extra for the business subscription. Anyone can do that.

I have eventually realised how the crazies sound, even though it has just been a few months here.

Poor spelling and “hey bro” is normally a red flag for me. As petty as it sounds it shows they are not professionals.

Poor spellings don’t necessarily reflect unprofessionalism, does it? It is a general occurrence, I have noticed.

It is the attitude from the get start - trying to be sneaky, hiding information, trying to get a quote with generic information, “Why is the price so high, it’s just this”, etc.

Maybe there is a post out there, “How to avoid the crazies. A COMPLETE guide for the new sellers”

Poor spelling and “hey bro” is normally a red flag for me. As petty as it sounds it shows they are not professionals.

Hey bro reminds me of the random ‘Hi’

Hi (dies for another hour)

Hi there, how may I help you?

(never bothers responding)

I am prettttyyy sure it would lead to a no. Thank you, I’ll pocket this for later chuckles

If it isn’t like hundred + dollar order I would say not worth it. Unless you can do the sample in under hour or so. :thinking:

I knowww, right and if I have time.

If there’s a tight deadline, how about paying first?

Once, I quoted double for a tight deadline and the buyer said, “wait, I just remembered there is a bit time” lol!

371794_2.png cc_animation:

Honestly, if you say it matter-of-factly, you might be surprised.

I get a lot of people asking for samples and I respond with a custom offer saying “No problem… etc” and most do take it.

I don’t take it personally that people want samples; it’s more likely to be that they have had problems with other sellers. Once bitten, twice shy as the saying goes. Showing you value yourself and being professional in how you deal with them makes a big difference too.

Archived