I think I've been scammed?

@rileyriolu - Okay, I used the example image for Bing search, and came up with the original artist from Behance. I don’t know if he has Fiverr account or not. Most concept artists are on Artstation, DeviantArt and Behance. And guess what? Their price rate are quite expensive, most likely up to $500 - $700 depend on the quality.

Fiverr wouldn’t let me post the URL of an artist’s Behance portfolio on here, but if you type “Gwent - Merchants of Ofir” by Ástor Alexander which is done for “Witcher 3” game concept art. You will see the original artwork come up with the original.

It hard to believe the seller actually did the artwork, because he used the example image to inverted it in Photoshop, then posted it in the gig.

Well well well, that’s very sneaky of them. I’ve looked further into their accounts and all their gigs are the same. Stolen art, some inverted/mirrored, only one review that I’m not totally convinced is actually real.

Guess I’m back in the market for an artist.

Well well well, that’s very sneaky of them. I’ve looked further into their accounts and all their gigs are the same. Stolen art, some inverted/mirrored, only one review that I’m not totally convinced is actually real.

Guess I’m back in the market for an artist.

I am terribly sorry to read that you’ve bought something from the seller, dishonest with the gig. I was shocked when I typed the name of the artwork and found it the example image on Bing search, but was inverted/mirrored (done in Photoshop) by the seller as you said. If you haven’t accept the delivered from the seller, you can at least try contact the CS on this issue? I’m not sure if it too late for that, but you may give a try.

I am terribly sorry to read that you’ve bought something from the seller, dishonest with the gig. I was shocked when I typed the name of the artwork and found it the example image on Bing search, but was inverted/mirrored (done in Photoshop) by the seller as you said. If you haven’t accept the delivered from the seller, you can at least try contact the CS on this issue? I’m not sure if it too late for that, but you may give a try.

I’ve sent a report to Customer Service and disputed the order. And just 3 minutes ago they rejected the dispute and said they would turn around quality art for me. I’m hoping fiverr support shuts this down for me. This artist clearly isn’t giving up on the lie anytime soon.

I’ve sent a report to Customer Service and disputed the order. And just 3 minutes ago they rejected the dispute and said they would turn around quality art for me. I’m hoping fiverr support shuts this down for me. This artist clearly isn’t giving up on the lie anytime soon.

Please keep us an update with CS regarding the artwork you’ve bought from the seller, if you hear from them again. I was curious to know whether they would do anything to help you solve this with the seller.

If you’ve reported to CS that the seller is stealing and using other people’s images as an example of his own work and provide links to the original artwork, then his account should (hopefully) be in a world of trouble quite soon.

oh I’m so sorry this happened to you… a similar thing happened to me last year, a seller promised me a detailed hand drawing of a portrait, but instead he used a mobile app filter on the picture!!! it even had the “picsart” watermark on it!!! I always remember that when I’m looking for a low budget freelancer, reviews are the most important!! it’s very sad for the new sellers tho

This is a good time to let everyone know that this piece was priced at $150.

For 10 dollars I’d say it’s passable. But $150. Outrageous.

Nnnooooo no no uh-uhhhh this needs to be resolved ASAP. I’m surprised you didn’t include this information already out of pure fury. Any word from CS? 🤕

$150

Yeah totally not worth it. I’d be furious if I paid that much.

What’s kind of sad is that if this artist had just compiled their absolute best work and listed gigs for much more reasonable prices that they probably would have still gotten sales and grown their skill/portfolio…but then much less sad because they’re clearly not deserving of it if they’re willing to steal and scam their way there instead 😅

Since he stole the gig image and infringed upon the copyright of the original artist, that’s reason enough for Fiverr to delete his account. What an imposter.

For $15 I’d expect a cheap, low-quality product like the one you got sent (although it should never be considered professional), but not for $150.

Please tell us, did he lost his account? 😁

Jury is still out on whether or not their account is shut down, but seeing as how just about every image on every gig of theirs is stolen, I’d say it’s only a matter of time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived