I think I've been scammed?

I ordered concept art from an artist on here and their example works looked fantastic, they looked like just what I was looking for.

But I’ve just received my final delivery and it is nowhere near the caliber this artist claimed to be at given their examples. Are these grounds for reporting them? I’m in shock at just how far their work is from the art on their page. I’m convinced they nabbed someone else’s work.

I am sorry to hear that. As a seller I know that many sellers like me work really hard to build a strong reputation. You can definitely report their profile and also you can contact customer service to solve the issue. In the meantime, do not accept the delivery and explain the situation to the seller that you are not accepting because the delivery was not nearly close to what you were expecting.

I ordered concept art from an artist on here and their example works looked fantastic, they looked like just what I was looking for.

But I’ve just received my final delivery and it is nowhere near the caliber this artist claimed to be at given their examples. Are these grounds for reporting them? I’m in shock at just how far their work is from the art on their page. I’m convinced they nabbed someone else’s work.

I’m convinced they nabbed someone else’s work.

Just out of curiosity: can you post here what you received as a delivery?

it is nowhere near the caliber this artist claimed to be at given their examples

You can google search their gig pictures to see if he took them from somewhere else

Are these grounds for reporting them?

If you can find evidence - yes

If the work is significantly lower quality, than absolutely! However, it may take several deliveries that have this pattern before the seller is permanently banned. Here is what Fiverr’s TOS says:

Sellers must deliver the same quality of service as shown on their Gig images. Recurring deliveries that don’t match the quality shown on the Gig images may lead to the Seller’s account losing Seller status or becoming permanently disabled.

I’m convinced they nabbed someone else’s work.

it is nowhere near the caliber this artist claimed to be at given their examples

You can google search their gig pictures to see if he took them from somewhere else

Are these grounds for reporting them?

If you can find evidence - yes

I’m curious to see it as well. I still remember that ghastly logo of a hairy gnome/elf queen holding a bag of money that was shared a month or two ago. :rofl:

I’m curious to see it as well. I still remember that ghastly logo of a hairy gnome/elf queen holding a bag of money that was shared a month or two ago. :rofl:

I still remember that ghastly logo of a hairy gnome/elf queen holding a bag of money

Me too! 🙈 it was unforgettably bad…

Thanks for all the replies. I’m attaching the final image (still has the fiverr water marks.) I’m speechless.

Uhh…hmm…ehh.

Well, thank you for sharing at least!

I am definitely not qualified to criticize drawings/illustrations/paintings but have to say, the lighting is all kinds of wrong.

For a (seemingly) dark mine shaft, everything is quite darn well lit with a distinct lack of shadows being cast by, well…anything.

The person seems completely detached from the environment and seems almost “floating” in the image.

Someone more qualified can do a more thorough tear down. 😅

this is their example image:

That’s not even similar, skill-wise or stylistically-wise. Maybe the seller had their child or nephew do the order for them. 😆

That’s the only logical possibility outside of them actually scamming me. I don’t get it. I searched the image on google, no other results so…

I really can’t tell if they’re just not a good artist or lazy…? Or…? Because, heck, this is their example image:

To be honest, as a concept artist/illustrator for 5 years – I would called this as lazy artist who doesn’t wanted to take the art seriously. I have seen a lot of debate going on at DeviantArt forums for years which we considered them as lazy artist or any (amateur) who are rushing the artwork for the money they could get to pay the bills and rent, etc.

This artwork look better than the first image you posted with bad lighting and shadow and lack of drawing prospective!

I really can’t tell if they’re just not a good artist or lazy…? Or…? Because, heck, this is their example image:

WOW! I see your problem. I’d be annoyed too if I bought something with that example and got THAT. It looks like it was made in MS Paint.

I couldn’t do any better myself but in comparison to the example it is actually laughable.

You can give them another chance to give you something of quality in revision. Was it delivered really close to the deadline? They might have rushed it at the last minute. If this was the case maybe with more time they can produce something better.

Otherwise you can just cancel.

WOW! I see your problem. I’d be annoyed too if I bought something with that example and got THAT. It looks like it was made in MS Paint.

I couldn’t do any better myself but in comparison to the example it is actually laughable.

You can give them another chance to give you something of quality in revision. Was it delivered really close to the deadline? They might have rushed it at the last minute. If this was the case maybe with more time they can produce something better.

Otherwise you can just cancel.

They had sent a couple really rough sketches a week before delivery. I didn’t think it was anything to worry about as most initial sketches are pretty barebones anyway. Then 2 days before delivery they sent the background only, agains thought it was just an early concept, then they sent the same image again with some random planks added in. That’s when I got worried, then I recieved THAT. Very well could’ve been rushed. I’m not sure.

They had sent a couple really rough sketches a week before delivery. I didn’t think it was anything to worry about as most initial sketches are pretty barebones anyway. Then 2 days before delivery they sent the background only, agains thought it was just an early concept, then they sent the same image again with some random planks added in. That’s when I got worried, then I recieved THAT. Very well could’ve been rushed. I’m not sure.

The artist could at least send you a request for an extended, if you want give the artist another days to take little time to finish the colors. However, judging from the first image of a character pose; the anatomy drawing and the wolf, the lightings, shadows and the colors are all wrong…

It’s actually a reasonable drawing when you look at it on it’s own. I couldn’t even get close to that.

But when you look at the example, then look at what they sent, it looks dreadful.

It’s like eating a burger from the finest five star restaurant, then eating one from macdonalds straight after haha.

I’d really question too if the examples they have are their own. You could try taking a screenshot of the examples and reverse image searching them. It will bring up anywhere else on the web they’ve been posted.

Illustrator here, and HOLY MOLY!!!
THAT is the final product!!???
I’m sorry, not sure how much you paid but that is such a poor quality compared to the sample image.
I mean give me $15 and I’ll do a digital sketch that is 10 times better than that 😣

Gosh, I am in shock. IF that image was done by the same person…
…nah, I dunno what to say!

That’s the only logical possibility outside of them actually scamming me. I don’t get it. I searched the image on google, no other results so…

@zeus777 - As far as I can tell, the sample image probably could be taking off from someone else work. But no one know for sure yet, since rileyriolu tried using the sample image for Google image search to find, and see if the result come up match the example artwork.

@rileyriolu, Maybe try Bing search and see if any example artwork come up with the result?

@rileyriolu - Okay, I used the example image for Bing search, and came up with the original artist from Behance. I don’t know if he has Fiverr account or not. Most concept artists are on Artstation, DeviantArt and Behance. And guess what? Their price rate are quite expensive, most likely up to $500 - $700 depend on the quality.

Fiverr wouldn’t let me post the URL of an artist’s Behance portfolio on here, but if you type “Gwent - Merchants of Ofir” by Ástor Alexander which is done for “Witcher 3” game concept art. You will see the original artwork come up with the original.

It hard to believe the seller actually did the artwork, because he used the example image to inverted it in Photoshop, then posted it in the gig.

Archived