Should I charge when customers missed their chance for revisions?

Hello, I have a customer who had a completed order. After some days, he requested changes to the service I made. I think he should’ve included these in his revision requests when the order was still active. Moreover, the changes were not really part of the original instructions as I was not given a specific context for the service. Should I just charge them or consider it a revision anyways? Thanks in advance.

If the order has already been completed then there is no obligation to carry out any revisions for free. The customer should have requested a revision at the delivery time or before. To ensure there is no misunderstanding I always remind the customer about revisions on the delivery message. I normally put something like “If you are happy with this delivery then you can accept it, if you aren’t then you can request a revision here and I’ll be happy to change it for you and deliver again.”

If the order has already been completed then there is no obligation to carry out any revisions for free. The customer should have requested a revision at the delivery time or before. To ensure there is no misunderstanding I always remind the customer about revisions on the delivery message. I normally put something like “If you are happy with this delivery then you can accept it, if you aren’t then you can request a revision here and I’ll be happy to change it for you and deliver again.”

Right, appreciate the advise. Thx!

Archived