Should I keep declining his dispute and risk a bad review or should I give him a refund

jasmeetsinghm

Continuing the discussion from Your seller declined the request to mutually cancel this order HELP:

I’m in the same situation here. But I’m not the buyer, I’m the seller. The buyer told me wants a book review for his school assignment and needs to be completed in a given time. I took his project and delivered his work on time. After that, he ordered a revision saying he wants me to write a 1500 word article on the Chinese Exclusion Act in 3 days as he had forgotten that he has ordered me a review and he was thinking he gave this article to do. Then he gave his school documents telling about the assignment and it is really a headache doing that only for 20 dollars(16 dollars) of the book review. He ordered revisions many times, he wasn’t chatting with me and was writing about his work to be done, I told him many times to accept this delivery and create a new order for his article, ofc I would never accept another from him but I tried very hard to convince him. I told him it is not the way to treat a freelancer and told him about his irresponsible behaviour. Now we are on the same loop. Should I keep declining his dispute and risk a bad review(I have 10, 5 star reviews on my gig page) or should I give him a refund.

Continuing the discussion from Your seller declined the request to mutually cancel this order HELP:

I’m in the same situation here. But I’m not the buyer, I’m the seller. The buyer told me wants a book review for his school assignment and needs to be completed in a given time. I took his project and delivered his work on time. After that, he ordered a revision saying he wants me to write a 1500 word article on the Chinese Exclusion Act in 3 days as he had forgotten that he has ordered me a review and he was thinking he gave this article to do. Then he gave his school documents telling about the assignment and it is really a headache doing that only for 20 dollars(16 dollars) of the book review. He ordered revisions many times, he wasn’t chatting with me and was writing about his work to be done, I told him many times to accept this delivery and create a new order for his article, ofc I would never accept another from him but I tried very hard to convince him. I told him it is not the way to treat a freelancer and told him about his irresponsible behaviour. Now we are on the same loop. Should I keep declining his dispute and risk a bad review(I have 10, 5 star reviews on my gig page) or should I give him a refund.

The buyer told me wants a book review for his school assignment and needs to be completed in a given time. I took his project and delivered his work on time.

School assignment…

You should have reported the buyer the moment the order was placed.

Good luck on getting out of this without a warning or your account intact.

Homework and academic services

Fiverr’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said we ask to refrain from offering or asking for any academic work. Taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and may constitute copyright infringement. Fiverr does not allow these types of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.

Do not post, offer, or ask for:

Writing of: Homework, academic papers, bibliography, letters of recommendation, college applications, etc.

The above is from the Community Standards.

The buyer told me wants a book review for his school assignment and needs to be completed in a given time. I took his project and delivered his work on time.

You have now risked your account!

Now we are on the same loop. Should I keep declining his dispute and risk a bad review(I have 10, 5 star reviews on my gig page) or should I give him a refund.

I would give the buyer a refund before CS discovers you have done academic work for a buyer. Sellers can lose their account for doing that.

Now we are on the same loop. Should I keep declining his dispute and risk a bad review(I have 10, 5 star reviews on my gig page) or should I give him a refund.

I would give the buyer a refund before CS discovers you have done academic work for a buyer. Sellers can lose their account for doing that.

Okay, thanks for telling I violated the TOS of Fiverr. I have offered him a refund.

I would never ever accept any order from a student for doing his/her school assignment. Is there anything else I should do from this point?

Okay, thanks for telling I violated the TOS of Fiverr. I have offered him a refund.

I would never ever accept any order from a student for doing his/her school assignment. Is there anything else I should do from this point?

Just hope that he doesn’t make an issue about it and bring it up with CS , because that would bring out a storm!

But it’s okay, just a lesson to be learned.

Just hope that he doesn’t make an issue about it and bring it up with CS , because that would bring out a storm!

But it’s okay, just a lesson to be learned.

I don’t think he will do that. We mutually cancelled the order also so I think everything is fine now,

except my order completion rate and some other metrics brought down by cancelled orders. Other than that, everything’s fine now and surely a lesson learnt from that for the future.

I don’t think he will do that. We mutually cancelled the order also so I think everything is fine now,

except my order completion rate and some other metrics brought down by cancelled orders. Other than that, everything’s fine now and surely a lesson learnt from that for the future.

The metrics will reset in 60 days - don’t worry! That’s great, just push forward 🙂

except my order completion rate and some other metrics brought down by cancelled orders.

That is preferable to getting a warning from CS!

The metrics will reset in 60 days - don’t worry! That’s great, just push forward 🙂

We’ve all stepped in things especially starting off. If you have a serious problem with a buyer, please contact support. It might take a day or 2 to get back with you but it gives you some backing. 😃

We’ve all stepped in things especially starting off. If you have a serious problem with a buyer, please contact support. It might take a day or 2 to get back with you but it gives you some backing. 😃

If you have a serious problem with a buyer, please contact support.

Your advice is generally good for most sellers, but the OP did school work for a student which is against Fiverr’s TOS, so if she contacted support, she could lose her account or at the very least get a warning.

Archived