Buyer cancelled several orders, then disappeared

alex_097

Hi everyone! I’ve been selling on Fiverr since september 2020, but I’ve joined the forums only today. I hope I’m posting this on the right section of the forum 😄

I’m writing this topic to share the story that made me join the forum in the first place, and possibly get some feedback (maybe this happened to you too).

I had a “loyal customer” that bought one of my gigs several times in the past months. He always left me 5 stars reviews and never had any complaints. My last delivery for him was literally yesterday and he left me the usual 5 star review and no complaints whatsoever. Then, randomly, he cancelled the last 4 orders he made with me (for which he had already accepted my deliveries and left 5 stars reviews…for EACH of them), got refunded by Fiverr. Seemingly, I got refunded by Fiverr too and my earnings from these last 4 order are in pending clearance and will be available for withdrawal in 1 week.

Now, I’m not complaining for anything, but rather I’m asking myself…why? Why would he do this? It seems like he blocked me or something because I can’t even contact him to see what’s wrong. In the end, he got refunded for the last 4 orders from me, kept the deliveries I sent to him and I got refunded too. This really doesn’t make any sense to me. Did something like this happen to someone else?
Thank you!!

• Like 2

Is his profile still available? If he’s not on Fiverr, then he most likely did a chargeback. Which is why I assume Fiverr protected you and gave you money back.

Thank you for responding! When I try to click on his nickname to go to his profile, I get redirected to my dashboard so I don’t know if it’s just me or he deleted his profile (or blocked me). It bothers me a little bit because, for no apparent reason, I lost one of my few “affectionate” buyers… @donnovan86

I think his account has been deleted. Or maybe he blocked you. But if he did a chargeback, fiverr would disable his account and that’s probably why you can’t see his profile.

Maybe I’m misunderstanging but it means that if I buy services on Fiverr I can just do a chargeback and get my money back and keep the deliveries sellers gave me? At the “only” cost of having my account deleted? That’s really a shame…

Maybe I’m misunderstanging but it means that if I buy services on Fiverr I can just do a chargeback and get my money back and keep the deliveries sellers gave me? At the “only” cost of having my account deleted? That’s really a shame…

Maybe I’m misunderstanging but it means that if I buy services on Fiverr I can just do a chargeback and get my money back and keep the deliveries sellers gave me?

Yes but normally when you do a chargeback, you can only do it for a single payment. Not all of them.