I got 'deducted' earnings in Custom offer

jesse_ragos

Hello,

As I understand that there is a service fee, this wasn’t detailed or raised when I was creating a custom offer to some of my clients. Meaning the price I attach to the offer is the same as what I get, right?
Well now in my earnings and the available withdrawals, they are somehow deducted BIG from my original custom pricing and do not reflect in any invoice or transaction details that is currently not available.

For instance, my 1st milestone in a custom offer worths $60, but only got $48 before and after the pending clearance. That $12 deduction of sort is somehow not the amount of their service fee from what I recall in their terms. Or are there other hidden policies that are not surfaced well? Hmmm.

Ok so it was the commission fee after all. But why is it that if I search about it, it doesn’t show up in their support page or Google itself? It only shows results from other sites that explains this. This is somehow not transparent for other buyers/sellers, especially new ones. And to be clear, this is different with the service fee they impose, right?

So after done researching, the reference I got was here in this page mentioned in other forums too.

favicon-32x32.png.c0ca361961b596661841473ca447a11c.png Fiverr.com
fiverr-og-logo-c245a93f73934a327f20392445b55b43.thumb.png.0b015ef84d8eff836609e5bf565bb318.png

Start Selling on Fiverr

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

It was mentioned in the Q&A but states as $80 of earnings you’ll get. Somehow, this info is not exposable enough to others.

image.thumb.png.27577991905f0c5d2870ece7a4f52683.png
image1420×484 20.3 KB

So after done researching, the reference I got was here in this page mentioned in other forums too.

b0a72261e3b38eee2800a70930b2964a5782cba7.pngFiverr.com
aa2b5cb413b607e697f42a018dc3d99e3560b5a1_2_690x362.png

Start Selling on Fiverr

One marketplace, millions of professional services. Browse. Buy. Done.

It was mentioned in the Q&A but states as $80 of earnings you’ll get. Somehow, this info is not exposable enough to others.

It was mentioned in the Q&A but states as $80 of earnings you’ll get.

Because it’s the same as 20% deduction.

Somehow, this info is not exposable enough to others.

You just didn’t read the contract that you signed when you signed up to fiverr.

First of all they mention it in your link you attached and secondly in their terms of service that YOU signed, agreed to and confirmed that you read and understood it. So it is definitely very transparent.

B80A3C39-913E-4CDB-A333-9602D892B966.thumb.jpeg.ce2169cd2a493c42125edbd7ec9e934f.jpeg
image1242×2688 654 KB
C50EEFF3-5D06-462A-9E23-F59B93CC39A5.thumb.jpeg.c49a9d0fd9cbf704d5da3141dfcc4d26.jpeg
image1242×828 103 KB

It was mentioned in the Q&A but states as $80 of earnings you’ll get.

Because it’s the same as 20% deduction.

Somehow, this info is not exposable enough to others.

You just didn’t read the contract that you signed when you signed up to fiverr.

First of all they mention it in your link you attached and secondly in their terms of service that YOU signed, agreed to and confirmed that you read and understood it. So it is definitely very transparent.

Hmm, I get your point but somehow, like me an average, do not read ToS (rather skimming for important stuff) in one seating as I just do this as a side gig and have other stuff to do. Maybe they could’ve just cleared this during onboarding as summary for payment processes or atleast include in their free online course for freelance that I’ve taken a month ago.

Hmm, I get your point but somehow, like me an average, do not read ToS (rather skimming for important stuff) in one seating as I just do this as a side gig and have other stuff to do. Maybe they could’ve just cleared this during onboarding as summary for payment processes or atleast include in their free online course for freelance that I’ve taken a month ago.

Clicking yes to YT TOS to watch the videos or CNN to read news is not the same as legal binding TOS for online work where you have money and taxes and government involved.

You are comparing the reading of TOS at Disneyland for riding the ride and indemnity waiver with the TOS of the employment company that is hiring you.

To work at Fiverr, even though it is an invisible online working segment you probably can’t perceive as tangible, it is still working that involves legal binding. For this reading TOS is mandatory and should not start using the site before all financial aspects are clear.

Fiverr is not a Lemon stand.

Hi Jesse,

When signing up to a freelance platform, reading the TOS is not an ‘optional’ thing or something to do after joining; it is essential to do it beforr signing up! And it is something every seller must do unless they hope to encounter big problems!

It would not make any sense to include this basic info in the Fiverr training course since sellers already should know it. If people fail to read TOS, there are so many other points that will catch them out, and the 20% commission is no more important a point than the rest of the TOS.

Annie

Apologies I forgot to mention that I have mild dyslexia. Having a reading disorder wasn’t really a bother to me but when it comes to reading terms or documentation, I ask my brother to help me as he skims for main pointers. My brother’s not here with me so I go ask directly in the forums instead. As I told, this is just my side gig and relied here so I can get some information directly. That is why I have been suggesting that there should be some summary or simple guidelines that surfaces the main pointers I need on behalf of their terms 🙂

Ok so it was the commission fee after all. But why is it that if I search about it, it doesn’t show up in their support page or Google itself? It only shows results from other sites that explains this. This is somehow not transparent for other buyers/sellers, especially new ones. And to be clear, this is different with the service fee they impose, right?

Service fees are for buyers.

Archived