Fraud or a real order?

anastasiakonsta

Hello, friends! I don’t have any experience working on this site yet, so I want to ask: is it worth agreeing to complete an order if the person without the photo is registered in the same month in which they asked to place the order? Or could it be an artist who wanted to save their time and effort by transferring the order to another and not pay or pay less? Because the order that I was offered is more than what I offer in my services :thinking:

I’ve got orders from Business Buyers with names like “x-56cb7eh73c” and no profile picture. I mean, why would the nickname or photo be so important for you? There is still a person behind the screen who needs that service. And besides that, fiverr won’t let you change your username even if you’d like to.

I’ve got orders from Business Buyers with names like “x-56cb7eh73c” and no profile picture. I mean, why would the nickname or photo be so important for you? There is still a person behind the screen who needs that service. And besides that, fiverr won’t let you change your username even if you’d like to.

When registering on sites, they do not write in vain (add a photo, so you will get more trust )

I do not know what country you live in and what your mentality is, but in our country, the page of a person without a photo and with a similar name who registered today and writes on the same day is a person who will deceive 99 %, or pursues other goals

I didn’t want to offend anyone, but you need to take into account the different behavior of people from different countries and how people in a particular country affect each other.

Thanks.

I did a 700$ gig from a person without image and registered same month. You can’t use this to detect scam or fake buyer. Just like you are new, would you be happy if buyers skip ordering from you because you have less or no reviews?

My question and my opinion is based on observing the behavior and actions of people in my country. And my logical chain of reasoning, given the mentality of my country and doing business in my country, prompted me to ask this not modest question

Thank you for your answer))

When registering on sites, they do not write in vain (add a photo, so you will get more trust )

I do not know what country you live in and what your mentality is, but in our country, the page of a person without a photo and with a similar name who registered today and writes on the same day is a person who will deceive 99 %, or pursues other goals

I didn’t want to offend anyone, but you need to take into account the different behavior of people from different countries and how people in a particular country affect each other.

Thanks.

who registered today

Well, I must have missed something in your post, but this changes everything. If the person doesn’t have any reviews at all, I’d be suspicious as well.

My point is that I don’t look at the photo or at the nickname. I don’t really care about that as long as the buyer has any reviews.

My question and my opinion is based on observing the behavior and actions of people in my country. And my logical chain of reasoning, given the mentality of my country and doing business in my country, prompted me to ask this not modest question

Thank you for your answer))

given the mentality of my country and doing business in my country,

This is something you cannot apply in Fiverr for the main reason, it’s a worldwide platform. You’ll find out how buyers from different countries tend to behave. You have to be open-minded as well and don’t look at the small picture only (in this case your own country).

given the mentality of my country and doing business in my country,

This is something you cannot apply in Fiverr for the main reason, it’s a worldwide platform. You’ll find out how buyers from different countries tend to behave. You have to be open-minded as well and don’t look at the small picture only (in this case your own country).

Of course, I understand that I should not consider only my country,this is more than obvious. But asking questions is one way to learn) So I learned something from you )

From experience, I have several buyers that newly registered and purchase from me. Everything has so far been a smooth experience. I would be wary if they ordered a huge amount for a complicated gig without clarifying with you. Best if you communicate when possible or when things aren’t clear

Them being a new account with no profile means nothing, most people who are looking to purchase something and requires a fiverr account aint going to mess with setting up a profile picture just to make an order.

As for the ‘Because the order that i was offered is more than what i offer’ - thats a different story, thats something you’ll have to bring up. If you want extra compensation for the extra work, you’ll have to tell them,

It can happen that a millionaire philanthropist sitting in his mansion thinks and says the following:
oh I want to give $ 1000 to someone for something very simple but I just want to create an account just for that and then I’ll leave

then there you will see a random name and no photo 😉

Where unsure, all you can do is use your best judgment. Why not try talking to this person. Most people are really bad at covering the truth about themselves. Sure they can lie like a barstool but in that you should still be able to feel if they are authentic or not.

Ask about the project, details etc. if they have nothing intelligent to say (often covered by threats or over-trust like you are the expert when trust is not really warranted) then worry and follow your gut if it tells you to pull of the drawbridge, flood the moat… Better to cancel then deal with the grief the wrong ones will bring if you let them in.

🙂

I did a lot of orders to new buyers, in fact I were their first purchase into the site, they didn’t have a profile picture also, so don’t worry! If anything goes wrong you can always reach Customer Support. Good luck!

Archived