Earnings Confusion - Cancelled Payment Refunded to Buyer

jay_codeguy

I had a small amount order completed a few days back. It was a quick single session of $20. I did not think about withdrawing it. I will just leave it in there. It’s not worth the withdrawal fee.

Today, I just noticed that, that amount is gone. I have two entries in the earnings page.

1. Cleared Funds Reversed to Pending
  2. Cancelled Payment Refunded to Buyer

There is an order linked to it, but it does not say anything about any cancellations. If there is a cancellation, there would be some message saying that the order was cancelled. So, Order looks green. no red warnings anywhere.

What does this mean?

1. I did have an actual order cancellation two months ago (I have wrote about that unique experience here - Order Complete - Fiver Stars - Then Cancelled - My Learnings).

So, is Fiverr adjusting all my earnings to that previous cancellation and refund? is that what is really happening? if it is adjusting, it makes sense since I had already withdrawn the previous order amount, and the buyer cancelled and got refunded after the withdrawal.

1. Or, did the customer secretly cancel the order, but, for some reason, the order page is not updated due to some bug.

As usual, the Fiverr Support page never gives any details about these messages. So, I have raised a ticket. I will update here, once I hear from them.

Meanwhile, anyone has any ideas with similar experiences, do let me know.

I got a confirmation from Fiverr Support. It is what I originally imagined.

“So, is Fiverr adjusting all my earnings to that previous cancellation and refund? is that what is really happening? if it is adjusting, it makes sense since I had already withdrawn the previous order amount, and the buyer cancelled and got refunded after the withdrawal.”

It is indeed the previous order cancellation amount that is now getting adjusted.

Archived