Its Time for Some Fun

vickiespencer

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t drink coffee, but that’s my morning “cup” for a protein shake. Well, it was my most used shaker, but gyms have been closed for over a year so far… I still got my home gym but the motivation is never the same.

IMG_20200918_190523.jpg.7963d6f8120cbb815d91c9d14f0986b4.jpg

This post reminded me of how often I used to drink tea when I came back from a vacation in London 😂

I’m an espresso purist, through and through.

IMG_6577.thumb.jpg.8a5c00eb68c9874c95342164895d8e7d.jpg
IMG_65773024×4032 1.71 MB

I’ll usually kick things of with an espresso lungo, then depending on workload, I may up the dosage as needed.

As a tech freak, my favorite mug is this Bluetooth enabled one, that maintains the temperature of my drink for up to 16 hours straight and I have saved several presets for temperature, depending on the drink and the origins of my beans. 🙂

I’m an espresso purist, through and through.

IMG_6577.thumb.jpg.8a5c00eb68c9874c95342164895d8e7d.jpg

Here in Italy, this is considered a bottomless cup for espresso. The espresso is literally 10 times smaller 😆

I don’t drink coffee, but that’s my morning “cup” for a protein shake. Well, it was my most used shaker, but gyms have been closed for over a year so far… I still got my home gym but the motivation is never the same.

IMG_20200918_190523

This post reminded me of how often I used to drink tea when I came back from a vacation in London 😂

but gyms have been closed for over a year so far

I am looking forward to the world being normal again—that is for sure!

Here in Italy, this is considered a bottomless cup for espresso.

418299607_caff-2-770x542.jpg.cc72a52d588a528b9ba7ab059fafa0a8.jpg
caffè-2-770x542770×542 45.8 KB

My husband’s mom was an Italian war bride. That is the size of espresso we drink, too! Of course, we make cappuccinos and lattes with shots of espresso!

I don’t bring my Matcha bowl out of the shelf everyday, only on special occasions or when I had a long / rough / productive day to steam down.

☺️

Matcha bowl

It is lovely. I had a Japanese exchange student in my classroom who did the tea ceremony with us. She used the tool you show there. I like Matcha because it is one form of caffeine that does not give me belly cramps.

My beverage container is quite unimpressive with no backstory, but it makes up for it’s lacking aesthetics by it’s 30 ounce size. When the weather cooperates, I sometimes take it outside.

DSC08294.thumb.JPG.1a695c865c7058490b1762d9ed8819d1.JPG
DSC082946000×3376 2.65 MB

Unfortunately, I have to stay away from caffeine as I suffer pretty bad withdrawal headaches when not regularly partaking. I stick to a common lemon herbal tea with honey added when it gets particularly cold in the mountains, or if I’ve run my voice ragged through work.

My beverage container is quite unimpressive with no backstory, but it makes up for it’s lacking aesthetics by it’s 30 ounce size. When the weather cooperates, I sometimes take it outside.

Unfortunately, I have to stay away from caffeine as I suffer pretty bad withdrawal headaches when not regularly partaking. I stick to a common lemon herbal tea with honey added when it gets particularly cold in the mountains, or if I’ve run my voice ragged through work.

When the weather cooperates, I sometimes take it outside.

I like your view! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Unfortunately, I have to stay away from caffeine

Me too. It gives me belly cramps if I drink more than one cup every week or so.

lemon herbal tea with honey

I love lemon herbal tea! 🍋

My day begins as every other freelancer/professional:

I wring the tears of anxiety from the brows of my buyers and collect them in a plastic cup. Then, I remove their mass from my “pit of excellence” and return them to the “buyer beware” arena from which they came, armed only with our mutual goal and a demo. They really love demos.

At this point, I place the plastic cup directly into the sunlight. I always cover the lid with an industrial strength strainer. I don’t trust the flimsy strainers and we all know what it’s like to spill souls all over the front porch. No amount of bleach is gonna handle that mess.

Am I right?

I also take a lemon. Lemon gives it just a bit of bite without dominating the aroma completely. I smile at this charming additive and whisper something playful like, “lost soul lemonade.”

Then, I sing “Piano Man” over the warming cup.

Now, I don’t have to tell you this, but for those just entering freelance, Piano Man is regarded as the primary evocation device in making contact with your workflow deity. The Piano Man is the tutelary guardian of a holding world - where various patrons represent sections of our collective experience. These patrons pay tribute to “Bill” the pianist by honoring him, or “listening” to his explanative songs. We can activate this melodic grimoire by singing the chorus.

I usually wear sweat pants and tennis shoes for the whole deal, but grab the wands and pointy hats if you’re feeling “nasty” Ms. Jackson.

The question now is a matter of taste. Some days, it’s a four shot espresso and a coffee kinda morning. Other days, I have my four shots in the coffee. Sometimes, just to be surprising, I make two shots, have coffee and make another two shots.

Variety really is the spice.

Now… we can all debate about the silly Starbucks fueled notion that espresso shots “die” in some crazy quick fashion. But I think we can all agree that souls and coffee taste better in the first five minutes post brewing. After all, we’re not here to observe the damn coffee kiddo. We’re here to inhale it. Or, as my Father once said to me at four:

“You have coffee. I drink coffee.”
Of course, that was after I had asked for cereal and he taught me that “coffee is the cereal for children who dare to face the long midnight.”

I still have no idea what that means, but boy have I collected some midnights. Thanks Dad.

So that’s it.

I know it’s not the shocking twist that I normally provide in these sorts of threads. I guess I’m just a normal guy, working hard to feed my family, drinking a soul and listening to Billy Joel.

But I’m okay with that.

“…cause we’re all in the mood for a melody and you’ve got us feeling alright …”

A86D7189-A3C1-4EF6-83F5-0AFDDE19FE9C.jpeg.c66fefe0fc674b4690034d54f660df61.jpeg
image575×740 120 KB

(A young mooch, 80 pounds ago, before he replaced coffee lifting with weight lifting)

I’m Italian.

AC3512-650x450.jpg.b29288f27090ad5c635c266ce18fc569.jpg

By my left on the desk there’s a Breaking Bad mug I bought in London in 2014. I keep my pens, sharpies, scissors, and various rulers in there. But generally no signature mugs or cups for me, as I’m not big into tea or long coffee.

My day begins as every other freelancer/professional:

I wring the tears of anxiety from the brows of my buyers and collect them in a plastic cup. Then, I remove their mass from my “pit of excellence” and return them to the “buyer beware” arena from which they came, armed only with our mutual goal and a demo. They really love demos.

At this point, I place the plastic cup directly into the sunlight. I always cover the lid with an industrial strength strainer. I don’t trust the flimsy strainers and we all know what it’s like to spill souls all over the front porch. No amount of bleach is gonna handle that mess.

Am I right?

I also take a lemon. Lemon gives it just a bit of bite without dominating the aroma completely. I smile at this charming additive and whisper something playful like, “lost soul lemonade.”

Then, I sing “Piano Man” over the warming cup.

Now, I don’t have to tell you this, but for those just entering freelance, Piano Man is regarded as the primary evocation device in making contact with your workflow deity. The Piano Man is the tutelary guardian of a holding world - where various patrons represent sections of our collective experience. These patrons pay tribute to “Bill” the pianist by honoring him, or “listening” to his explanative songs. We can activate this melodic grimoire by singing the chorus.

I usually wear sweat pants and tennis shoes for the whole deal, but grab the wands and pointy hats if you’re feeling “nasty” Ms. Jackson.

The question now is a matter of taste. Some days, it’s a four shot espresso and a coffee kinda morning. Other days, I have my four shots in the coffee. Sometimes, just to be surprising, I make two shots, have coffee and make another two shots.

Variety really is the spice.

Now… we can all debate about the silly Starbucks fueled notion that espresso shots “die” in some crazy quick fashion. But I think we can all agree that souls and coffee taste better in the first five minutes post brewing. After all, we’re not here to observe the damn coffee kiddo. We’re here to inhale it. Or, as my Father once said to me at four:

“You have coffee. I drink coffee.”

Of course, that was after I had asked for cereal and he taught me that “coffee is the cereal for children who dare to face the long midnight.”

I still have no idea what that means, but boy have I collected some midnights. Thanks Dad.

So that’s it.

I know it’s not the shocking twist that I normally provide in these sorts of threads. I guess I’m just a normal guy, working hard to feed my family, drinking a soul and listening to Billy Joel.

But I’m okay with that.

“…cause we’re all in the mood for a melody and you’ve got us feeling alright …”

(A young mooch, 80 pounds ago, before he replaced coffee lifting with weight lifting)

I think you might get along well with @teramangala, who prefers ⤵️

In the morning? I prefer “le blanc” blanc.jpg.706e874eb2f2b39d1dcc74b8d67ef5c8.jpg

I think we can all agree that souls and coffee taste better in the first five minutes post brewing.

Yes, for sure!

That is more than 4 shots in there!

I’m Italian.

Your picture is of a cup. Do you drink espresso or water out of that cup?

1618646557752.thumb.jpg.6b868ee814a29c2a36ce9733c56a491c.jpg
16186465577523000×3000 1.27 MB

I have a strange aversion to cups with handles and try to avoid them at all costs. It’s handmade ceramics from a local vendor. Black because I never really outgrew the goth phase and blue because blue’s my favorite color.

My dad brews perfect coffee pretty much so I’d enjoy that when I still lived at home. Then I went to university and to work at the same time and would just buy my morning cup on the go wherever was possible.

Then the quarantine hit and I realized I had zero coffee brewing skills and at least at the very beginning, couldn’t buy it anywhere. Somebody recommended that I got one of those hourglass pour over brewers that utilize the filter/drip method of brewing and require zero skills (outside of being able to pour water down in circles very slowly).

It tastes like coffee and does the job of waking me up. My dad would probably be disappointed in me if he tried it.

What a beautiful view!!

What a beautiful view!!

Everything is nice and green in that picture. Most of California goes into drought over the long summers and things turn more yellow and brown as they dry up.

I personally loathe summer dryness and heat and the high risk of fire that comes with it.

I think you might get along well with @teramangala, who prefers ⤵️

In the morning? I prefer “le blanc” blanc

I think we can all agree that souls and coffee taste better in the first five minutes post brewing.

Yes, for sure!

That is more than 4 shots in there!

I’m Italian.

Your picture is of a cup. Do you drink espresso or water out of that cup?

Espresso, I drink water from one of those thick mojito glasses. I have a few of them. Alternatively I have small glass Nutella containers which double as small cups for soft drinks.

Everything is nice and green in that picture. Most of California goes into drought over the long summers and things turn more yellow and brown as they dry up.

I personally loathe summer dryness and heat and the high risk of fire that comes with it.

A very good friend of mine comes from Colorado and she’s in California at the moment. She’s delighted to see something green. 😃

I have a strange aversion to cups with handles and try to avoid them at all costs. It’s handmade ceramics from a local vendor. Black because I never really outgrew the goth phase and blue because blue’s my favorite color.

My dad brews perfect coffee pretty much so I’d enjoy that when I still lived at home. Then I went to university and to work at the same time and would just buy my morning cup on the go wherever was possible.

Then the quarantine hit and I realized I had zero coffee brewing skills and at least at the very beginning, couldn’t buy it anywhere. Somebody recommended that I got one of those hourglass pour over brewers that utilize the filter/drip method of brewing and require zero skills (outside of being able to pour water down in circles very slowly).

It tastes like coffee and does the job of waking me up. My dad would probably be disappointed in me if he tried it.

I have a strange aversion to cups with handles and try to avoid them at all costs.

Lol, I rarely pick my mugs/cups up by the handle because I do not like them either. Your cup is lovely!

My dad would probably be disappointed in me if he tried it.

Maybe you could get your dad’s coffee recipe? In my family, lutefisk is a Christmas tradition. When I first got married, I had to talk to my dad to get his “recipe” for how to make it.

I do too! I live in the mountains of Montana, and fire season is a very real thing. If we have forest fires, the air quality is bad!

small glass Nutella containers which double as small cups for soft drinks.

I love Nutella! How creative of you to use it for a cup. You must have an aversion to handles like @lenasemenkova.

I also like to drink tea every morning

Thanks for sharing. Now you need to share a picture of the cup from which you drink.

It never breaks.

I like how shiny and sturdy it looks. It also must keep things hot! But since it could not go into a microwave, it would not do for me. I have to warm my hot drinks up several times because I get so involved in my work, and I forget to drink it.

A very good friend of mine comes from Colorado and she’s in California at the moment. She’s delighted to see something green. 😃

Are you saying Colorado is not green yet?

What if you don’t drink coffee or tea? 😃

What do you drink out of while you are at your desk working? I said: 🔻

Please take a picture of your favorite cup and post it here in the comments. I am interested to see what you drink your morning brew from.

Some posters above only drink water. 😉

What do you drink out of while you are at your desk working? I said: 🔻

Please take a picture of your favorite cup and post it here in the comments. I am interested to see what you drink your morning brew from.

Some posters above only drink water. 😉

What do you drink out of while you are at your desk working?

I am boring, mostly water. And some natural juices from time to time.

What do you drink out of while you are at your desk working?

So the fun here is to share you drinking container, even if it is a water bottle. 😊

I have a strange aversion to cups with handles and try to avoid them at all costs.

Lol, I rarely pick my mugs/cups up by the handle because I do not like them either. Your cup is lovely!

My dad would probably be disappointed in me if he tried it.

Maybe you could get your dad’s coffee recipe? In my family, lutefisk is a Christmas tradition. When I first got married, I had to talk to my dad to get his “recipe” for how to make it.

I do too! I live in the mountains of Montana, and fire season is a very real thing. If we have forest fires, the air quality is bad!

small glass Nutella containers which double as small cups for soft drinks.

I love Nutella! How creative of you to use it for a cup. You must have an aversion to handles like @lenasemenkova.

I also like to drink tea every morning

Thanks for sharing. Now you need to share a picture of the cup from which you drink.

It never breaks.

I like how shiny and sturdy it looks. It also must keep things hot! But since it could not go into a microwave, it would not do for me. I have to warm my hot drinks up several times because I get so involved in my work, and I forget to drink it.

Are you saying Colorado is not green yet?

She says everything is still brown and dead with plenty of snow storms.

Archived