New seller advice. Scam?

scason1978

Newbie here. I got a message / offer about my gig. I’m pretty sure it’s a scam. Not a whole lot of detail. My gig is on proofreading and editing. They only mentioned working on old website articles and gave me the site to check out and that it was a long term opportunity. The user is very new as well. Scam? Or question more?

Newbie here. I got a message / offer about my gig. I’m pretty sure it’s a scam. Not a whole lot of detail. My gig is on proofreading and editing. They only mentioned working on old website articles and gave me the site to check out and that it was a long term opportunity. The user is very new as well. Scam? Or question more?

long term opportunity.

Anytime that phrase is mentioned to a new seller, 9 times out of 10 it will be a scam.

GG

a long term opportunity.

HUGE red flag there!! I’m not saying it IS a scam, but I sense something fishy.

Please be careful!

I have had some genuine long-term opportunities so they’re not all dodgy. It’s when they ask for huge discounts or request a free job with the promise of long-term work that you want to say goodbye.

I asked more questions and sounds pretty legit. Wants a quote on each article on site and will send in word format. So, I’m thinking its ok. I’m such a newbie 😆

I asked more questions and sounds pretty legit. Wants a quote on each article on site and will send in word format. So, I’m thinking its ok. I’m such a newbie 😆

We were all newbies. I’ve never been scammed on Fiverr because I learned my lesson on other platforms where I was relentlessly scammed. It can and does happen but this shows that not everyone is out to rip you off.

Archived