Should I cancel this order?

bobipineman

Long story short a buyer suddenly open an order, Asking for mugen character. Hence my gig mainly focus on sprite sheet and pixel art. So ok I will make him sprite sheet for his character.
But mid work he talk about fighter studio and character template.
I think I misundertood what he mean as ‘‘character build’’ I tought a sprite sheet for all the action would suffice but he want ME to code a foncional character with fighter factory editor. Editor that I have no knowledge in it.
Also the buyer is kinda pushy and unlistening to the issue.

That’s, hmmm…

What is the exact wording of your gig and contract? If you don’t offer coding, then don’t. Point out to the Buyer that that’s not a part of the contract, repeat what the contract is, and ask if they would like to continue or cancel with what they originally hired you to do. If they want to continue with just the sprites, great. If not, then you can contact Fiverr CS and ask if they’re willing to cancel the order for you, due to the Buyer misunderstanding what you offer.

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

That’s, hmmm…

What is the exact wording of your gig and contract? If you don’t offer coding, then don’t. Point out to the Buyer that that’s not a part of the contract, repeat what the contract is, and ask if they would like to continue or cancel with what they originally hired you to do. If they want to continue with just the sprites, great. If not, then you can contact Fiverr CS and ask if they’re willing to cancel the order for you, due to the Buyer misunderstanding what you offer.

I see a lot of advice that encourages the freelance tropes - the idea that we’re all workaholic night owls, perpetually hunched over keyboards, waiting at the beck and call of potential clients. Never log out… Always be agreeable to clients… Give free samples or mock ups… Answer right away… If you needed an experienced professional to give you permission, in plain words, here it is: it’s okay to be a human being. Never give out free work. No samples. No mockups. Period. That’s what your po…

Send a long message to the buyer to know if coding are really obligatory because I will cancel it

image.png.69bedb8a3565fd2bd985198e7f9f138e.png
image763×343 13.7 KB

Btw this isn’t a custom gig

image.png.691919ca88b19927271a551f22378f0a.png
image733×465 28.4 KB

My gig description, added sprite sheet to the last sentance so it less ambiguous. But it clearly written will do the pixel art.

re:

I feel dumb found the original message, it was can you help convert this character into mugen(It was just an image) Didn’t ponder the full implication and tought do he mean a sprite sheet? Cool will do it. For my defense what was he was asking was ambiguous like he wanted character design, but only talked about fighter factory later…

Archived