To everyone doubting themselves or what Fiverr's ceiling is

frank_d

Frank, do you always make guest cameos :bearded_person:t2:

@vickiespencer I think I’m following on Alfred Hitchcock’s footsteps!

(he did a cameo appearance on all of his films)

@eoinfinnegan thank you so much for your comment and kind words.

This is the type of content I want to see on our forum as well. People sharing their success stories, inspiring others, helping people grow.

@imagination7413

I will pm you and @gongor32 with links to get you started!

First of all, a huge congratulations to you, way to go!

…and I am sure I am NOT the only person who actually waved at the animation.

It must be the cute little “head tilt” he did. 😆

Awww, thank you for that @zeus777 !

It’s the all the little nuances when it comes to animating, that bring it to life.

The fact that you waived back, means it’s my most successful animation yet!

@eoinfinnegan thank you so much for your comment and kind words.

This is the type of content I want to see on our forum as well. People sharing their success stories, inspiring others, helping people grow.

@imagination7413

I will pm you and @gongor32 with links to get you started!

Yes, I thought of Alfred when I posted, but there are others that do the same. Diana Gabaldon for one. Also, did you know there are Hollywood Stars that make appearances in video games.

One thing I find slightly amusing is the fear of bragging and then leaving a John Hancock on the bottom of the post. Regardless, you deserve these bragging rights!

The animated avatar + signature are only added to posts I make that are part of my “journey updates” posts.

It’s a way for me to separate them from my regular posts.

Thank you!

Thank you @catwriter!

Typically a video of this duration/complexity takes me roughly a week to design and about a week to animate.

The script takes me about a couple of days after the initial client de-brief.

So you’re not getting paid in thousands (or tens of thousands) for a few hours of work? 😸 You might have just ruined someone’s dreams…

Just kidding, of course. It’s good to know how long that kind of work really takes.

So you’re not getting paid in thousands (or tens of thousands) for a few hours of work? 😸 You might have just ruined someone’s dreams…

Just kidding, of course. It’s good to know how long that kind of work really takes.

Haha. Yes I am fully aware that my reply may burst people’s bubbles.

But to be honest I have stopped viewing this as $/time.

When it comes to high paying clientele I see it as me being compensated to mitigate risk.

The client is paying a premium because I offer them peace of mind.

I remove questions like:

“will it get done on time?”

“is it going to be on brand?”

“will it do what we want it to do?”

from the equation.

Basically from the moment the client signs on the Statement of Work document, they could skip all the review stages and jump straight to the final delivery and there wouldn’t be any unpleasant surprises.

That’s what I am essentially selling.

The cute animated characters and 3D graphics are just the wrapping paper and bow. 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

That is a great video Frank, you should be very proud of yourself and thank you for always being so open and honest.

I always appreicate videos like this and YouTube channels like Infographics, I had no idea how these videos are made but I almost always end up enjoying them and/or learning something new.

Fiverr has been a frustrating platform for me to work on but I am not giving up, I would give anything to be able to work for myself and not working in a office being constantly hit over the head with office politics and foolishness.

Archived