Buyer block me for just asking requirements! why?

Today I met a buyer who send me a file to do things written in the file. I read and understand all things written in it, but I have some confusion with few terms begin written to do, so I ask him to clarify what do you mean by this ‘specific term’ and what actually you want ! but in return he didn’t reply me and after few hours he had blocked me . why? and will it affect me in any way??

Bummer. Either:

• you showed that you don’t really know your subject very well or
  • this person is a tool, and not a very sharp one at that.

If you know your stuff and they were unclear; so you asked a Q to make it clear to do a good job and that made them block you, it is better that you got them out of your life early as once you let them in they make a real mess of things for you.

Sadly many people see through a very tiny window so anything that is not exactly framed by that they cannot see or understand and feel the need to “cancel” from existence.

This should not affect you in any way (if it did it would be very unfair).

🙂

Today I met a buyer who send me a file to do things written in the file. I read and understand all things written in it, but I have some confusion with few terms begin written to do, so I ask him to clarify what do you mean by this ‘specific term’ and what actually you want ! but in return he didn’t reply me and after few hours he had blocked me . why? and will it affect me in any way??

Today I met a buyer who send me a file to do things written in the file.

Well, first, this was not a buyer - at least, not someone who bought your service. Your post does not sound this way. Sounds like a potential buyer messaged you, sent you a file and expected you to work on it? If so, they were trying to get you to do free work, or perhaps trying to figure out if you knew what you were doing.

Did they ORDER something? You never mention anything in your post about them cancelling an order, so, I get a sense that when you asked questions, they figured you could not do the job and figured it was best not to try and communicate with you and blocked you. If that is the case, no, it will not affect your analytics, but, you never know if it may harm your ranking, as you did not turn this person who messaged into a buyer. Go read the thread about Fiverr 3.0 to get what I am talking about.

GG

Bummer. Either:

• you showed that you don’t really know your subject very well or
  • this person is a tool, and not a very sharp one at that.

If you know your stuff and they were unclear; so you asked a Q to make it clear to do a good job and that made them block you, it is better that you got them out of your life early as once you let them in they make a real mess of things for you.

Sadly many people see through a very tiny window so anything that is not exactly framed by that they cannot see or understand and feel the need to “cancel” from existence.

This should not affect you in any way (if it did it would be very unfair).

🙂

thanks a lot .I am very cleared with the services I’m providing but that specific term means two different things that’s why I ask him to clarify what do you actually want from me, so it will be easier for me to provide him quality work but may be he didn’t got my point !!

Today I met a buyer who send me a file to do things written in the file.

Well, first, this was not a buyer - at least, not someone who bought your service. Your post does not sound this way. Sounds like a potential buyer messaged you, sent you a file and expected you to work on it? If so, they were trying to get you to do free work, or perhaps trying to figure out if you knew what you were doing.

Did they ORDER something? You never mention anything in your post about them cancelling an order, so, I get a sense that when you asked questions, they figured you could not do the job and figured it was best not to try and communicate with you and blocked you. If that is the case, no, it will not affect your analytics, but, you never know if it may harm your ranking, as you did not turn this person who messaged into a buyer. Go read the thread about Fiverr 3.0 to get what I am talking about.

GG

yup he was not a buyer he just send me a work to do and I ask him to clarify what you actually want, so it will be easier to work but in return he blocked me . is asking to clarify a term having two different meaning is a wrong thing I did? how can anyone start work and deliver quality work without clarifying things !!!

thanks a lot .I am very cleared with the services I’m providing but that specific term means two different things that’s why I ask him to clarify what do you actually want from me, so it will be easier for me to provide him quality work but may be he didn’t got my point !!

Ok

Oooh GG just raised a thing I didn’t notice. It may not be what actually happened but she has a point.

Your wording rather indicates that you might have been starting to do the work before a job was created - before a booking. Do not do that. Ever. For anything, including Test/Demo/Sample work.

I will say your English is not the best, that is going to be a problem and either create confusion or chase people away. Work on that. Talk to people here and get them to correct you so you can speak (in text) clearly and confidently (without using Garble Transplicate).

🙂

so I ask him to clarify what do you mean by this ‘specific term’ and what actually you want !

Just an observation, and maybe you did this just here on the forum but if you use “!” like this (you even used !! and !!! in your replies to the comments above) when talking to people, especially " in a business situation", some might not like that, or might even block you.

But it’s also completely possible that that person wasn’t the smartest, not wanting to answer a legitimate and important to their (potential) order question, or even were a scammer and blocked you when it seemed you’d not work for free, all kinds exist, in the world, and here.

yup he was not a buyer he just send me a work to do and I ask him to clarify what you actually want, so it will be easier to work but in return he blocked me . is asking to clarify a term having two different meaning is a wrong thing I did? how can anyone start work and deliver quality work without clarifying things !!!

First off, the “buyer” needs to order from you in order to be a “buyer” or to receive any work from you. Hopefully, you were only going over a brief of what the “buyer” wanted and seeing whether or not you had the chops to do it. I would suggest to NEVER work on something that is NOT an order. This is a good way to have people steal your time and work.

They probably blocked you because they contacted many sellers and may have found one they decided to work with OR, if they were an unscrupulous person, may have found a sucker seller who gave them their work for free! Either way, they may have not wanted to explain to you want something meant, and it was easier to just move on and block you. The internet is funny that way - people lose all their manners and feel they can just make those they do not want to deal with any longer disappear.

GG

so I ask him to clarify what do you mean by this ‘specific term’ and what actually you want !

Just an observation, and maybe you did this just here on the forum but if you use “!” like this (you even used !! and !!! in your replies to the comments above) when talking to people, especially " in a business situation", some might not like that, or might even block you.

But it’s also completely possible that that person wasn’t the smartest, not wanting to answer a legitimate and important to their (potential) order question, or even were a scammer and blocked you when it seemed you’d not work for free, all kinds exist, in the world, and here.

okay thanks. I will try to avoid this “!” from now onward.

First off, the “buyer” needs to order from you in order to be a “buyer” or to receive any work from you. Hopefully, you were only going over a brief of what the “buyer” wanted and seeing whether or not you had the chops to do it. I would suggest to NEVER work on something that is NOT an order. This is a good way to have people steal your time and work.

They probably blocked you because they contacted many sellers and may have found one they decided to work with OR, if they were an unscrupulous person, may have found a sucker seller who gave them their work for free! Either way, they may have not wanted to explain to you want something meant, and it was easier to just move on and block you. The internet is funny that way - people lose all their manners and feel they can just make those they do not want to deal with any longer disappear.

GG

Thanks for your time. I’m learning many things from you guys.

Archived