Why one month ago bad review is showing first?

if i delete that gig, are you sure that bad review will not show on top? I have checked to pause that gig, but still showing on top.

if i delete that gig, are you sure that bad review will not show on top?

Yes, it will still show on top, BUT your reply will not show because the buyer cannot go to the gig and read your reply once the gig is deleted.

• Like 1

Please, understand what @vickiespencer and myself have been trying to explain to you.

If you scroll up you will read yourself confidently saying that typos can’t be corrected.

This is in the follow context: I’m telling the truth! If you don’t believe me, ask my buyer err friend.

can you show your screenshot that you changed by support without getting any warning before?

can you show your screenshot that you changed by support without getting any warning before?

CS changed a typo I highlighted to a single word once and it had to do with my proofreading services to a multinational firm. It was a big and complex project. They left a 5 star review and I replied with a typo.

Sometimes a typo, especially when related to proofreading services can damage your gig orders. People understood it, that it was a very specific reason and they fixed it. It happened once and I’m here more than 5 years.

By the way Fiverr CS is GREAT, period.

Read more here: Why Fiverr CS is the best you'll ever see in the freelancing business [Proof inside]

CS changed a typo I highlighted to a single word once and it had to do with my proofreading services to a multinational firm. It was a big and complex project. They left a 5 star review and I replied with a typo.

Sometimes a typo, especially when related to proofreading services can damage your gig orders. People understood it, that it was a very specific reason and they fixed it. It happened once and I’m here more than 5 years.

By the way Fiverr CS is GREAT, period.

Read more here: Why Fiverr CS is the best you'll ever see in the freelancing business [Proof inside]

CS changed a typo I highlighted to a single word once

It happened once and I’m here more than 5 years.

When did this happen? When I first started, CS did let changes be made to reviews. But in the last year or two, that has changed.

CS changed a typo I highlighted to a single word once

It happened once and I’m here more than 5 years.

When did this happen? When I first started, CS did let changes be made to reviews. But in the last year or two, that has changed.

Wish you would answer my questions too. You don’t have to, I don’t have to. Fair?

Often poor reviews where the buyer posted a lengthy explanation of the reason they gave you the review will stay under your reviews’ “most relevant” tab. If you pick “most recent,” the older poor review will not show.

Unfortunately, Fiverr always shows the “most relevant” reviews first.

Often poor reviews where the buyer posted a lengthy explanation of the reason they gave you the review will stay under your reviews’ “most relevant” tab.

There’s also a “Was this review helpful? Yes/No” feature that people can click like Amazon has for reviews as well), might also be a reason for some reviews to come out top. That’s just a thought as to what effect that feature might have, though, I haven’t yet seen any official infos regarding that.

Else, yes, looking at reviews from a potential buyer perspective, for me in many cases, especially if it’s just one bad review in a sea of good ones, it probably also would be the seller’s reply rather than the review itself that would make or break the deal for me.

It’s unfortunate if the reply is just as bad as the review, and we often read to wait a while and let emotions cool down before replying to a bad review on the forum for a reason.

Once the harm is done, sometimes there’s only the option left to own one’s mistake.

I guess deleting the gig would be an option here to make your reply go away together with the gig (but the review itself will stay on your profile), as Vickie described, if you want to “sacrifice” that gig with its reviews. Obviously, you can always start a new gig.

Like Vickie and Maita, I’d also say if you want to try support, bear in mind that you risk a ‘review manipulation’ warning. While you actually want to manipulate the reply to the review, not the actual review, I think it’s still a risk that support would see this under ‘review manipulation’, as you kind of want to manipulate your reaction to that review.

That someone else kindly got their typo corrected by support isn’t a guarantee that you wouldn’t receive a warning for asking them to ‘erase your reaction to a review’, it could depend on how their guidelines for those different matters are, on how you ask, on when the other user asked, on who handles the case, quite a few variables.

If you didn’t ever get a warning before, and are confident that you won’t get one herafter, asking and potentially have them delete your reply to the review (personally, I don’t think the chances are high) might be worth the risk to you.

Deleting your entire aged account with lots of great reviews, might also be an option for you if you’re a “perfectionist”, but both those things are for you to decide.

There’s no solution without a risk (warning) or harm (sacrificing your aged account with many great reviews), other than “wait it out” and hope for and work on the bad review to be buried by good ones eventually. If you have many return/regular customers, that shouldn’t take that long, I doubt that many of them take the time to read “their” seller’s last reviews often, and even if, as long as they always were happy themselves, would probably think “Oh, well, everyone has a bad day sometimes” and keep ordering.

• Like 2

I think there is huge difference between a “typo” and an intentional reply to a bad review. I am almost certain Fiverr would see it the same way.

I guess if you want to risk what Fiverr CS person you get - and explain that you replied to a review in a way that you are now regretting and if you can either get that reply deleted or if you could change it - you could take that chance.

It is interesting that the one telling you to ask CS is not providing when he was successful in getting his “typo” changed. What he has to realize is that he is comparing apples to oranges. His was a legit mistake - a typo, while yours was at the time anyways, intended to get back at a buyer you were annoyed or angry with.

GG

• Like 2

Often poor reviews where the buyer posted a lengthy explanation of the reason they gave you the review will stay under your reviews’ “most relevant” tab.

There’s also a “Was this review helpful? Yes/No” feature that people can click like Amazon has for reviews as well), might also be a reason for some reviews to come out top. That’s just a thought as to what effect that feature might have, though, I haven’t yet seen any official infos regarding that.

Else, yes, looking at reviews from a potential buyer perspective, for me in many cases, especially if it’s just one bad review in a sea of good ones, it probably also would be the seller’s reply rather than the review itself that would make or break the deal for me.

It’s unfortunate if the reply is just as bad as the review, and we often read to wait a while and let emotions cool down before replying to a bad review on the forum for a reason.

Once the harm is done, sometimes there’s only the option left to own one’s mistake.

I guess deleting the gig would be an option here to make your reply go away together with the gig (but the review itself will stay on your profile), as Vickie described, if you want to “sacrifice” that gig with its reviews. Obviously, you can always start a new gig.

Like Vickie and Maita, I’d also say if you want to try support, bear in mind that you risk a ‘review manipulation’ warning. While you actually want to manipulate the reply to the review, not the actual review, I think it’s still a risk that support would see this under ‘review manipulation’, as you kind of want to manipulate your reaction to that review.

That someone else kindly got their typo corrected by support isn’t a guarantee that you wouldn’t receive a warning for asking them to ‘erase your reaction to a review’, it could depend on how their guidelines for those different matters are, on how you ask, on when the other user asked, on who handles the case, quite a few variables.

If you didn’t ever get a warning before, and are confident that you won’t get one herafter, asking and potentially have them delete your reply to the review (personally, I don’t think the chances are high) might be worth the risk to you.

Deleting your entire aged account with lots of great reviews, might also be an option for you if you’re a “perfectionist”, but both those things are for you to decide.

There’s no solution without a risk (warning) or harm (sacrificing your aged account with many great reviews), other than “wait it out” and hope for and work on the bad review to be buried by good ones eventually. If you have many return/regular customers, that shouldn’t take that long, I doubt that many of them take the time to read “their” seller’s last reviews often, and even if, as long as they always were happy themselves, would probably think “Oh, well, everyone has a bad day sometimes” and keep ordering.

Thank you miiila. I know the bad review will exist in my profile even though I would delete that gig . and I will not contact Fiverr support.

I am finding a solution as it is not shown first in the Most relevant review. What do you think, it is showing first because of my replay against that review? Is that go behind If I delete the gig? I can afford to delete that gig if the bad review goes below.

I looked through your gigs and found a one star review, but it was pretty far down. It looks like a visual error on your end. Considering you have hundreds of other reviews, even if it were on the top I’d disregard it.

• Like 1