Why one month ago bad review is showing first?

wordpress2017

Hi,
One month ago I got a bad review from a buyer. After that, I have completed some orders from my repeat buyers and got around 9-10 Good reviews. But don’t know why One month ago bad review is showing first.
I have completed 459 orders successfully and got 280 good reviews. But it is very bad luck only one bad review is displayed first on my profile.
Currently, My promoted gigs are showing unqualified and all my gigs are disappeared from the search and category listing, it looks like my profile is hanged.

Do you know how to solve this problem? now I am not getting any messages and orders. I have contacted Fiverr support but not getting any solution.
I hope you all are well. Be safe from covid 19.

Thanks.

Often poor reviews where the buyer posted a lengthy explanation of the reason they gave you the review will stay under your reviews’ “most relevant” tab. If you pick “most recent,” the older poor review will not show.

Unfortunately, Fiverr always shows the “most relevant” reviews first.

I was curious enough to check the review you were talking about.

Wow, you must have really screwed up on that job.

It happens.

I have a 2-Star rating I earned a few years ago that was written in much the same frame of mind.

I have since followed it up with a few hundred 5-Star and 4-Star ratings.

After a while, once you get a number of better ratings, that 1-Star will get buried and it won’t matter anymore.

Hi,

In my view, your reply to the client’s review is unprofessional and is the one thing that will harm you.

The one negative review left by the client would not have had a bad impact on how new clients see you–but your response to his review now shows you in a very bad light, as someone who makes excuses and won’t accept any responsibility or accept any criticisms.

It is really sad you left that response because almost all buyers would have overlooked one bad review (which sounds completely authentic not at all fake). You had a mass of great reviews before that.

In future, if someone leaves a negative review, stay calm and professional. More responses like the one you left for the buyer will seriously deter new potential buyers.

Annie

Hi,

In my view, your reply to the client’s review is unprofessional and is the one thing that will harm you.

The one negative review left by the client would not have had a bad impact on how new clients see you–but your response to his review now shows you in a very bad light, as someone who makes excuses and won’t accept any responsibility or accept any criticisms.

It is really sad you left that response because almost all buyers would have overlooked one bad review (which sounds completely authentic not at all fake). You had a mass of great reviews before that.

In future, if someone leaves a negative review, stay calm and professional. More responses like the one you left for the buyer will seriously deter new potential buyers.

Annie

Thank you, Annie. I also thought that I should not have left that comment. That emphasized buyer review. Is there any way I can remove my comment under buyer review? It was a lesson.

Do you know how to solve this problem?

If you delete your account, bad review goes away.

If you delete your gig, bad review goes away

This is completely untrue and misleading!

Reviews stay forever on the seller’s profile, even if gigs are deleted.

Thank you, Annie. I also thought that I should not have left that comment. That emphasized buyer review. Is there any way I can remove my comment under buyer review? It was a lesson.

Is there any way I can remove my comment under buyer review? It was a lesson.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to delete any reviews unless they are slanderous.

If you delete your account, bad review goes away.

Why would he delete his account and lose all of the 5-Star reviews he has?

However, I think your reply @wordpress2017, to the buyer’s review will be deleted if you delete the gig, because the only place the seller’s replies show up is on the gig page.

You are right. I meant if you delete your account, bad review goes away.

I understand what you say. if I ask support to remove the bad review. I will get a warning and account will be suspended.

But here I don’t want to remove buyers review I want to remove my comment under buyer review. Hope this make sense. Any idea about this situation?

Thanks.

Is there any way I can remove my comment under buyer review?

No, there isn’t, unless you delete that gig. Although keep in mind that, even so, the buyer’s review will continue to show on your profile.

I understand what you say. if I ask support to remove the bad review. I will get a warning and account will be suspended.

But here I don’t want to remove buyers review I want to remove my comment under buyer review. Hope this make sense. Any idea about this situation?

Thanks.

I answered this question above.

However, I think your reply @wordpress2017, to the buyer’s review will be deleted if you delete the gig, because the only place the seller’s replies show up is on the gig page.

Why would he delete his account and lose all of the 5-Star reviews he has?

Because some people are perfectionists? I provided a solution, not the only solution. Applies very well to new starters who begun with a very negative review.

I provided a solution, not the only solution. Applies very well to new starters who begun with a very negative review.

@wordpress2017 is not a “new starter.” He has been on Fiverr since 2016 and he has 280 reviews with a total average rating of 5-Stars.

The gig he would need to delete only has 10 reviews, so he could possibly afford to delete it.

Thanks.

Listen what you could do. (After a month I’m quite sure it’s not possible.) You contact CS and ask to edit your response to buyer’s response explaining to other people why you received this bad review. It’s very powerful if you know how to use it.

Listen what you could do. (After a month I’m quite sure it’s not possible.) You contact CS and ask to edit your response to buyer’s response explaining to other people why you received this bad review. It’s very powerful if you know how to use it.

I would not do that. There have been many sorry sellers who got warnings on their accounts for contacting CS about reviews. I would not risk it. I would delete the gig and go on with life. @wordpress2017 could even make another gig to sell the same service.

Thanks.

Listen what you could do. (After a month I’m quite sure it’s not possible.) You contact CS and ask to edit your response to buyer’s response explaining to other people why you received this bad review. It’s very powerful if you know how to use it

Again, untrue and misleading!

Neither reviews nor replies can be changed - not even edited to correct typos!

@wordpress2017, please don’t listen to what this user told you. It can get you in trouble. Your account could get a warning.

I provided a solution, not the only solution. Applies very well to new starters who begun with a very negative review.

@wordpress2017 is not a “new starter.” He has been on Fiverr since 2016 and he has 280 reviews with a total average rating of 5-Stars.

The gig he would need to delete only has 10 reviews, so he could possibly afford to delete it.

if i delete that gig, are you sure that bad review will not show on top? I have checked to pause that gig, but still showing on top.

Is there any way I can remove my comment under buyer review? It was a lesson

@wordpress2017, you said it was a lesson, then learn from it and try not to repeat the same mistake.

if i delete that gig, are you sure that bad review will not show on top? I have checked to pause that gig, but still showing on top.

if i delete that gig, are you sure that bad review will not show on top? I have checked to pause that gig, but still showing on top

Please, understand what @vickiespencer and myself have been trying to explain to you. Reviews stay forever on your profile, ergo, will always show - whether or not you delete your gig(s).

This particular one won’t be showing on top forever and will stop doing so the moment your buyers start leaving you extensive reviews, regardless of their rating.

if i delete that gig, are you sure that bad review will not show on top?

Yes, it will still show on top, BUT your reply will not show because the buyer cannot go to the gig and read your reply once the gig is deleted.

Please, understand what @vickiespencer and myself have been trying to explain to you.

If you scroll up you will read yourself confidently saying that typos can’t be corrected.

This is in the follow context: I’m telling the truth! If you don’t believe me, ask my buyer err friend.

can you show your screenshot that you changed by support without getting any warning before?

CS changed a typo I highlighted to a single word once and it had to do with my proofreading services to a multinational firm. It was a big and complex project. They left a 5 star review and I replied with a typo.

Sometimes a typo, especially when related to proofreading services can damage your gig orders. People understood it, that it was a very specific reason and they fixed it. It happened once and I’m here more than 5 years.

By the way Fiverr CS is GREAT, period.

Read more here: Why Fiverr CS is the best you'll ever see in the freelancing business [Proof inside]

CS changed a typo I highlighted to a single word once

It happened once and I’m here more than 5 years.

When did this happen? When I first started, CS did let changes be made to reviews. But in the last year or two, that has changed.

Often poor reviews where the buyer posted a lengthy explanation of the reason they gave you the review will stay under your reviews’ “most relevant” tab. If you pick “most recent,” the older poor review will not show.

Unfortunately, Fiverr always shows the “most relevant” reviews first.

Often poor reviews where the buyer posted a lengthy explanation of the reason they gave you the review will stay under your reviews’ “most relevant” tab.

There’s also a “Was this review helpful? Yes/No” feature that people can click like Amazon has for reviews as well), might also be a reason for some reviews to come out top. That’s just a thought as to what effect that feature might have, though, I haven’t yet seen any official infos regarding that.

Else, yes, looking at reviews from a potential buyer perspective, for me in many cases, especially if it’s just one bad review in a sea of good ones, it probably also would be the seller’s reply rather than the review itself that would make or break the deal for me.

It’s unfortunate if the reply is just as bad as the review, and we often read to wait a while and let emotions cool down before replying to a bad review on the forum for a reason.

Once the harm is done, sometimes there’s only the option left to own one’s mistake.

I guess deleting the gig would be an option here to make your reply go away together with the gig (but the review itself will stay on your profile), as Vickie described, if you want to “sacrifice” that gig with its reviews. Obviously, you can always start a new gig.

Like Vickie and Maita, I’d also say if you want to try support, bear in mind that you risk a ‘review manipulation’ warning. While you actually want to manipulate the reply to the review, not the actual review, I think it’s still a risk that support would see this under ‘review manipulation’, as you kind of want to manipulate your reaction to that review.

That someone else kindly got their typo corrected by support isn’t a guarantee that you wouldn’t receive a warning for asking them to ‘erase your reaction to a review’, it could depend on how their guidelines for those different matters are, on how you ask, on when the other user asked, on who handles the case, quite a few variables.

If you didn’t ever get a warning before, and are confident that you won’t get one herafter, asking and potentially have them delete your reply to the review (personally, I don’t think the chances are high) might be worth the risk to you.

Deleting your entire aged account with lots of great reviews, might also be an option for you if you’re a “perfectionist”, but both those things are for you to decide.

There’s no solution without a risk (warning) or harm (sacrificing your aged account with many great reviews), other than “wait it out” and hope for and work on the bad review to be buried by good ones eventually. If you have many return/regular customers, that shouldn’t take that long, I doubt that many of them take the time to read “their” seller’s last reviews often, and even if, as long as they always were happy themselves, would probably think “Oh, well, everyone has a bad day sometimes” and keep ordering.

I think there is huge difference between a “typo” and an intentional reply to a bad review. I am almost certain Fiverr would see it the same way.

I guess if you want to risk what Fiverr CS person you get - and explain that you replied to a review in a way that you are now regretting and if you can either get that reply deleted or if you could change it - you could take that chance.

It is interesting that the one telling you to ask CS is not providing when he was successful in getting his “typo” changed. What he has to realize is that he is comparing apples to oranges. His was a legit mistake - a typo, while yours was at the time anyways, intended to get back at a buyer you were annoyed or angry with.

GG

Often poor reviews where the buyer posted a lengthy explanation of the reason they gave you the review will stay under your reviews’ “most relevant” tab.

There’s also a “Was this review helpful? Yes/No” feature that people can click like Amazon has for reviews as well), might also be a reason for some reviews to come out top. That’s just a thought as to what effect that feature might have, though, I haven’t yet seen any official infos regarding that.

Else, yes, looking at reviews from a potential buyer perspective, for me in many cases, especially if it’s just one bad review in a sea of good ones, it probably also would be the seller’s reply rather than the review itself that would make or break the deal for me.

It’s unfortunate if the reply is just as bad as the review, and we often read to wait a while and let emotions cool down before replying to a bad review on the forum for a reason.

Once the harm is done, sometimes there’s only the option left to own one’s mistake.

I guess deleting the gig would be an option here to make your reply go away together with the gig (but the review itself will stay on your profile), as Vickie described, if you want to “sacrifice” that gig with its reviews. Obviously, you can always start a new gig.

Like Vickie and Maita, I’d also say if you want to try support, bear in mind that you risk a ‘review manipulation’ warning. While you actually want to manipulate the reply to the review, not the actual review, I think it’s still a risk that support would see this under ‘review manipulation’, as you kind of want to manipulate your reaction to that review.

That someone else kindly got their typo corrected by support isn’t a guarantee that you wouldn’t receive a warning for asking them to ‘erase your reaction to a review’, it could depend on how their guidelines for those different matters are, on how you ask, on when the other user asked, on who handles the case, quite a few variables.

If you didn’t ever get a warning before, and are confident that you won’t get one herafter, asking and potentially have them delete your reply to the review (personally, I don’t think the chances are high) might be worth the risk to you.

Deleting your entire aged account with lots of great reviews, might also be an option for you if you’re a “perfectionist”, but both those things are for you to decide.

There’s no solution without a risk (warning) or harm (sacrificing your aged account with many great reviews), other than “wait it out” and hope for and work on the bad review to be buried by good ones eventually. If you have many return/regular customers, that shouldn’t take that long, I doubt that many of them take the time to read “their” seller’s last reviews often, and even if, as long as they always were happy themselves, would probably think “Oh, well, everyone has a bad day sometimes” and keep ordering.

Thank you miiila. I know the bad review will exist in my profile even though I would delete that gig . and I will not contact Fiverr support.

I am finding a solution as it is not shown first in the Most relevant review. What do you think, it is showing first because of my replay against that review? Is that go behind If I delete the gig? I can afford to delete that gig if the bad review goes below.

Archived