Block / hide posts by user (Resolved)

visualstudios

Is there a way to make certain users posts invisible in the forum? There are a few extremely annoying people that add nothing of value and post constantly that I would like to not see when browsing. Most platforms allow this (silence a user), but I don’t see the option here. Can it be done?

• Like 7

I hope I am not one of those annoying users, but I think there is no such an option.

No, you are not. But that being the case I think I’ll just stop coming here, certain hypocrisies and attitudes of certain users make my blood boil. The ability to silence a user is a basic function of any forum.

• Like 6

No, you are not. But that being the case I think I’ll just stop coming here, certain hypocrisies and attitudes of certain users make my blood boil. The ability to silence a user is a basic function of any forum.

I’ve never seen such users. And for me everything is ok. If I see a civil post, I will just flag it.

• Like 5

I’ve never seen such users. And for me everything is ok. If I see a civil post, I will just flag it.

You must be new, then. Flagging doesn’t do anything, as they are not breaking any rules, it’s just that I have 0 respect for them and their opinions, since they are basically scammers.

• Like 6

You must be new, then. Flagging doesn’t do anything, as they are not breaking any rules, it’s just that I have 0 respect for them and their opinions, since they are basically scammers.

I am not new, but if someone is a scammer, why not to flag him/her.

• Like 4

Well, but their post will still be flagged and won’t be seen by other users. Fiverr will not block them, however.

I don’t play like that. I’m not going to flag posts, that’s censorship (which is very common here). I just don’t want to have to read or even be aware of their existence. An ability to hide everything from a user is essential.

• Like 6

I don’t play like that. I’m not going to flag posts, that’s censorship (which is very common here). I just don’t want to have to read or even be aware of their existence. An ability to hide everything from a user is essential.

Yeah, I agree, that would be helpful.

• Like 4

they are not breaking any rules, it’s just that I have 0 respect for them and their opinions, since they are basically scammers.

To call other sellers who post on the forum scammers isn’t ok.

• Like 8

Done! Thank you so much, this will definitely improve my stress levels while browsing the forum 😃

Out of interest, why do you think these people are scammers? Is it because you feel they post only to boost their exposure, rather than to provide value to the community?

I’ll admit, there are people on this forum who grate on me a little, but there isn’t any regular poster I’d consider a scammer.

• Like 9

Out of interest, why do you think these people are scammers? Is it because you feel they post only to boost their exposure, rather than to provide value to the community?

I’ll admit, there are people on this forum who grate on me a little, but there isn’t any regular poster I’d consider a scammer.

I won’t go into further details, it’s pretty obvious, and it has nothing to do with what they post here.

• Like 5

I won’t go into further details, it’s pretty obvious, and it has nothing to do with what they post here.

Fair enough. I’m glad the issue is resolved, anyway. The forum also allows us to mute threads and sections, which is also pretty useful. I do that now and again. But you probably won’t need to do it now you know how to mute users.

• Like 4

Hi There, If you click on the username in the forum who you want to block and open their Forum Profile Page, you’ll see a button called “Normal” on the right hand side of their Profile Page. If you click that, a drop-down menu comes down that has “Normal,” “Muted” and “Ignored” options. When you choose ignored, you have to choose a length of time, unfortunately. It’s not permanent.

Unfortunately you still see these people on menu pages, but not in the threads and you won’t be notified if they privately message or reply to your forum comments.

It’s really handy for blocking the “Very good post” spam comments. No idea why people think that will get them business, but anyway…

• Like 4

Hi There, If you click on the username in the forum who you want to block and open their Forum Profile Page, you’ll see a button called “Normal” on the right hand side of their Profile Page. If you click that, a drop-down menu comes down that has “Normal,” “Muted” and “Ignored” options. When you choose ignored, you have to choose a length of time, unfortunately. It’s not permanent.

Unfortunately you still see these people on menu pages, but not in the threads and you won’t be notified if they privately message or reply to your forum comments.

It’s really handy for blocking the “Very good post” spam comments. No idea why people think that will get them business, but anyway…

Yep, there should be a permanent option. In any case I already blocked who I wanted to, so everything’s good!

• Like 5

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

I am sure he means people including me in our category.

Don’t be affronted, Miss C. 😐

The OP could mean anyone of us who appears regularly on the Fiverr Forum. 😆

Although, I do not get the calling these posters scammers? I would not call those who just respond with, “Good Tips” or “You are right” or the like to be spammers. I would call them spammers, however. 😉

• Like 5

I am sure he means people including me in our category.

Don’t be affronted, Miss C. 😐

The OP could mean anyone of us who appears regularly on the Fiverr Forum. 😆

Although, I do not get the calling these posters scammers? I would not call those who just respond with, “Good Tips” or “You are right” or the like to be spammers. I would call them spammers, however. 😉

No, i’m not talking about them, they are just spam posters, which is different. I won’t go into further details, but it should be pretty obvious. In any case, my problem is solved and I guess the info will also be helpful to others 🙂

• Like 4

• 9 months later...

One can simply choose to block them mentally and not respond. I happen to have a hidden profile as I recall but I know you don’t mean me. ❤️

Or if you do I can unblock it, you can block me, and then I can block it again. I can tell you are irritated by my posts. Let me know if you want to try this. I have no problem with it.

When I get time I will unblock it for you so you can do that. I didn’t know that you couldn’t do that if the profile was hidden.

I’ve unblocked my profile so you can block me now. The problem is you can still see my posts if you click on them. It’s not a true block.

• Like 2