Are buyer requests waste of time?

As a new seller, I have created a few gigs and sent relevant buyer requests daily for nearly the past 10 days. I used all the 10 possible buyer requests every day.

I have read all tips and tricks I found through the forum and followed them thoroughly.
• I sent buyer requests only after reading their description completely
• I offer only on requests where very few have already done it
• I offer only at low budget projects
• I follow all good practices like greeting them, explaining how I could do the work, saying them to message me,…

But, till now, I have not even got even any messages from any of those.

Am I wasting my time in buyer requests?

I found many spammers there, could I find any potential buyers from the feature?

Do you use the feature, have it got any buyers for your gigs?

It takes a lot of time for new sellers to get order through buyers request but I won’t say it’s useless, I have completed 3 orders till now and 1 out of those 3 was from buyer request.And before getting that 1 order I sent more than 150 offers to buyer requests.

Yes it is a drag but it’s not useless.

Hey there, it all depends on how you structure your message. If you make it look like spam, then they will not read it. Especially you need reviews on your gig to beat other competitors

Hi there, hope you are doing good. response message here Message me with more details of your project, let’s discuss more, also let me share my previous projects on message. Hoping to hear back from you.

This is how my structure is, what do you think about it?

I don’t have any reviews since I am a new seller.

Do buyers see my review even after I offer cheap price and promise quality work?

Hi there, hope you are doing good. response message here Message me with more details of your project, let’s discuss more, also let me share my previous projects on message. Hoping to hear back from you.

This is how my structure is, what do you think about it?

I don’t have any reviews since I am a new seller.

Do buyers see my review even after I offer cheap price and promise quality work?

This is all wrong.

You are not sending messages, you are sending offers.

You MUST include in your offer:

a) Who you are and your skills

b) what do you offer

c) what do you need to complete the order

d) time frame

e) what is included in price, revision and for what, what will be in delivery

Submitting Your Offer

We’ve collected feedback from our buyer community to better understand how they choose offers from this tool.

Below are some tips to help make your offer stand out from the rest.

• Take time to carefully review the buyer’s request. Buyers will often spend time describing the service they need in detail, and some may even attach a file for reference.

• Personalize your offer and include a detailed description. This is a good place to let them know who you are and how you can do the job.

• When describing your offer, address all relevant information the buyer included in their initial request.

• Include only Gig Extras that actually answer the buyer’s needs.

• Set a reasonable price and delivery time for the service requested.

• Avoid contacting a buyer directly via inbox message. Buyers may view this as spam, and if reported, it will affect your communication flexibility.

• This is not a promotional tool. Only share your Gig if it is relevant to a specific Buyer Request

This is all wrong.

You are not sending messages, you are sending offers.

You MUST include in your offer:

a) Who you are and your skills

b) what do you offer

c) what do you need to complete the order

d) time frame

e) what is included in price, revision and for what, what will be in delivery

Submitting Your Offer

We’ve collected feedback from our buyer community to better understand how they choose offers from this tool.

• Take time to carefully review the buyer’s request. Buyers will often spend time describing the service they need in detail, and some may even attach a file for reference.

• Personalize your offer and include a detailed description. This is a good place to let them know who you are and how you can do the job.

• When describing your offer, address all relevant information the buyer included in their initial request.

• Avoid contacting a buyer directly via inbox message. Buyers may view this as spam, and if reported, it will affect your communication flexibility.

• This is not a promotional tool. Only share your Gig if it is relevant to a specific Buyer Request

Actually at initial stages, I sent very long offers description. I used complete 1200/1200 words. I included my project links. I included why they should trust me and more bulk things too…

But I have never got any response from them.

Then I realized that, they even don’t read such large responses. The responses must be short and sweet. That’s why I made it very small, which just made it look a bit professional than before. And also, they are however going to contact me before ordering and at that time I can impress them with my previous projects and ideas.

Do you send large offer descriptions?

Have you got any potential buyers from those?

Actually at initial stages, I sent very long offers description. I used complete 1200/1200 words. I included my project links. I included why they should trust me and more bulk things too…

But I have never got any response from them.

Then I realized that, they even don’t read such large responses. The responses must be short and sweet. That’s why I made it very small, which just made it look a bit professional than before. And also, they are however going to contact me before ordering and at that time I can impress them with my previous projects and ideas.

Have you got any potential buyers from those?

Not large, but specific.

If for example, I put BR I want 100 logos unique black white with vector file, branding guidelines and Intro video, just one letter of the alphabet logos, and you send me an offer of 5$ with any message inside except what is included, I can accept it and you must deliver 100 logos.

We do not “talk” after your offer, I accept it and you must do it or cancel the order.

After having made several BRs (needed a thing or two…) AND have send quite a few offers when I was starting out myself.

I think it depends on where you stand at the moment. If you have a steady flow of orders - honestly? Don’t bother with it (unless you find something that’s something you really want (and know how) do.

If you’re new, it can be an OK place to start, but even then, it depends on your niche. The creative writing BR is filled to the brim with people wanting to pay 50 bucks for 50000 words (not gonna happen. That’s a month’s work for me) or wanting rated R material (and often pretty… sketchy.) Other BR sections might be better though - I’m unsure as I’ve only seen this side.

What I do know though, is that 35 out of the 40 sellers who responded to my most recent BR didn’t even know what I was looking for. So… you might be able to score a job if you pay attention and are good at what you do.

It takes a lot of time for new sellers to get order through buyers request but I won’t say it’s useless, I have completed 3 orders till now and 1 out of those 3 was from buyer request.And before getting that 1 order I sent more than 150 offers to buyer requests.

Yes it is a drag but it’s not useless.

Recently, I got an order from BR. I am really happy to do work from my first buyer request. I gained an extraordinary buyer who gives me a good reviews with tips after completed his job. BR request systems have to get opportunity in this forum to earn sellers.

Recently, I got an order from BR. I am really happy to do work from my first buyer request. I gained an extraordinary buyer who gives me a good reviews with tips after completed his job. BR request systems have to get opportunity in this forum to earn sellers.

Hi Alam, Can you shear your request here which you send buyer and get an order. If you will shear here we can learn something and we will very helpful for that.

Hi Alam, Can you shear your request here which you send buyer and get an order. If you will shear here we can learn something and we will very helpful for that.

Shearing is the act of removing a thing from another thing, commonly wool from a sheep. the word you are after is Share. Take care as using wrong words like this makes you look less capable, esp if as seems the case right now, it is exactly the wrong word choice many others are making as that makes you look like that sheep been shorn 😉

To the OP: BR are a bit of a nightmare for all and have been getting worse over the last year. Despite what Fiverr tell us, most buyers don’t put any particularly useful info describing their job and needs, forcing you to either guess (dangerous) or have to ask for the info they probably can’t give anyway (makes you seem unengaged).

Use em for sure, but try to to assume that they are any particularly useful path. Really watch out for jobs that over-request and under-pay and those that expect you to do unpaid trail/Test/Demo work. Just say no every time.

🙂

Shearing is the act of removing a thing from another thing, commonly wool from a sheep. the word you are after is Share. Take care as using wrong words like this makes you look less capable, esp if as seems the case right now, it is exactly the wrong word choice many others are making as that makes you look like that sheep been shorn 😉

To the OP: BR are a bit of a nightmare for all and have been getting worse over the last year. Despite what Fiverr tell us, most buyers don’t put any particularly useful info describing their job and needs, forcing you to either guess (dangerous) or have to ask for the info they probably can’t give anyway (makes you seem unengaged).

Use em for sure, but try to to assume that they are any particularly useful path. Really watch out for jobs that over-request and under-pay and those that expect you to do unpaid trail/Test/Demo work. Just say no every time.

🙂

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Submitting Your Offer

🙂

Thanks for your advice. I confused how can exposed my buyer request order.

I am a buyer and a seller. I personally look for these things when I post a job on buyers request:

1. I only look for customers who have a 5-star rating.
  2. I only accept offers when the seller is a Level 1 or 2 or Top seller.
  3. I look at their reviews and study their gigs properly.
  4. If the price is too low for the work I avoid the client.

Reason for this: I started out using new sellers, hoping to help them, but every order was a complete disaster. I found them completely incompetent and their work was not top quality. I also found that if a person has a 5-star rating, it means nothing. I have even given an incompetent seller 5-stars because I felt sorry for them. (I never do this anymore!)

Archived