Buyer is unable to accept custom offer!

It may sound a weird but I recently experienced this twice !
I am on vacation mode but my old buyer wants me to work on his project and I got space for him…

Now I am sending him custom offer and he said continue button is disable !
I already shared many custom offers to buyers while I am on vacation and they could accept it but don’t know why it’s happening now…

It’s second time a buyer complaining about disable continue buttons,
Is it happening after any update?

• Like 20

I guess it would…I’ll try now…

But it should work while vacation mode is on as well, shouldn’t it ?

PS : I still need to be on vacation for few more days 😕

I am on vacation mode but my old buyer wants me to work on his project and I got space for him…

…it should work while vacation mode is on as well, shouldn’t it ?

The whole idea of vacation mode is that buyers can’t place an order!

• Like 12

…it should work while vacation mode is on as well, shouldn’t it ?

The whole idea of vacation mode is that buyers can’t place an order!

Right !

But custom offer was always working…

Its like buyer can’t directly place order from gig and your gigs would stop showing up in result ,

There’s still a checkbox that says Enable new buyers to contact me. !

• Like 10

Just this week a seller contacted me to do some work for them. However I could not send them a custom offer because they are on vacation mode until October 2021.

However I could not send them a custom offer because they are on vacation mode until October 1921

That’s a long way to journey back in time lol

• Like 13

I experienced this same thing!

To receive any orders, even custom ones with old buyers, you can’t be OOO.

I usually just disable OOO for like 10 minutes until the buyer accepts the custom offer, and then I go out of office again!

• Like 12

I experienced this same thing!

To receive any orders, even custom ones with old buyers, you can’t be OOO.

I usually just disable OOO for like 10 minutes until the buyer accepts the custom offer, and then I go out of office again!

So am I right that it was working earlier and suddenly stop now?

• Like 10

So am I right that it was working earlier and suddenly stop now?

You’re most certainly right, it used to work. I’ve been using out-of-office a lot, including having been in ooo most of Dec-Feb/March, and could still send offers to regular customers.

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

Same annoying glitch happening to me! As soon as I deactivate the paused gigs so a buyer can accept my offer for something I have time for, I get other orders come in which I don’t have time for!

I think this is happening to different sellers on differ time, Mine is already solved or may be it’s back again but I am not vacation mode any more !

Its annoying when you don’t want more orders and you still get one !

May be try to schedule your exact time with buyer and ask him to accept your custom offer in a second and close it again !

• Like 7

I think this is happening to different sellers on differ time, Mine is already solved or may be it’s back again but I am not vacation mode any more !

Its annoying when you don’t want more orders and you still get one !

May be try to schedule your exact time with buyer and ask him to accept your custom offer in a second and close it again !

That is what I’m doing. It just seems so unprofessional! I have reported this glitch to Fiverr but so far haven’t heard back.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

That is what I’m doing. It just seems so unprofessional! I have reported this glitch to Fiverr but so far haven’t heard back.

Thats exactly why the solution of turning it on and off doesn’t sit right with me. How do I professionally explain and ask my client to accept quickly so I can go back to OOO. The earlier system was really good. What is the point of ‘allow new buyers to contact me’ option if we cant send custom offers.

I did get back a reply from CS and it didnt help at all.

Their reply:

“Bear in mind that while being out of the office, we would not recommend sending offers.

However, since you’ve brought this to our attention, it has already been forwarded to our Product Developers.

Hopefully, this could be implemented someday.”

What does the last line even mean? Custom offers while OOO was implemented and functioning till recently, but they changed it.

• Like 9

Thats exactly why the solution of turning it on and off doesn’t sit right with me. How do I professionally explain and ask my client to accept quickly so I can go back to OOO. The earlier system was really good. What is the point of ‘allow new buyers to contact me’ option if we cant send custom offers.

I did get back a reply from CS and it didnt help at all.

Their reply:

“Bear in mind that while being out of the office, we would not recommend sending offers.

However, since you’ve brought this to our attention, it has already been forwarded to our Product Developers.

Hopefully, this could be implemented someday.”

What does the last line even mean? Custom offers while OOO was implemented and functioning till recently, but they changed it.

I guess CS agent who replied to your ticket may not have a good knowledge of fiverr system !

Earlier this was the case with me but now I am able to send custom offers and buyers are able to accept it even though my OOO mode is on…

My OOO mode is still on and I shared custom offer to one of my old buyer yesterday and she could accept it…

So functionality is still there but few accounts may run with bugs !

• Like 9

I guess CS agent who replied to your ticket may not have a good knowledge of fiverr system !

Earlier this was the case with me but now I am able to send custom offers and buyers are able to accept it even though my OOO mode is on…

My OOO mode is still on and I shared custom offer to one of my old buyer yesterday and she could accept it…

So functionality is still there but few accounts may run with bugs !

Will send a follow-up to CS if i encounter the glitch again

• Like 8

• 1 year later...