Please check out my gig, I really need help 🙏t3:

bssn_brhm

Hi bssn_brhm. At the very least, I think you should bulk out your gig description. Two lines of text feels too short.

You could add in a number of details:

• the fact that you’re a native speaker of French (assuming you are)
  • the level of proficiency you’re happy to work with
  • whether you can help the buyer improve their ability in certain settings (like restaurants or business meetings)
  • your experience (any is a plus)
  • your knowledge of formal French grammar (assuming you have some)

You could even add a welcoming video, which would allow the buyer to better understand who they’d be chatting to. Not everyone wants to go on video, though, and that’s ok.

@bssn_brhm, you better use your own pic unless you want to get a warning.

From Fiverr’s TOS:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

Your profile image was taken from the internet.

1.thumb.png.34565dd7ff61d85b84f93be7bb8ea049.png
11199×372 80.3 KB

From Fiverr’s TOS:

Authentic Fiverr Profile - You may not create a false identity on Fiverr, misrepresent your identity, create a Fiverr profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another user’s account or information; Your profile information, including your description, skills, location, etc., while may be kept anonymous, must be accurate and complete and may not be misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Fiverr reserves the right to require users to go through a verification process in order to use the Site (whether by using ID, phone, camera, etc.).

Rack up another instance of “impersonate being a young woman to attract sellers.”

There are those who think any attention is good attention. I don’t think the OP will attract the sort of people and interactions they originally intended

From Fiverr’s TOS:

One day it’ll might actually be an authentic photo. One day

From Fiverr’s TOS:

To be honnest the picture is obviously not mine, and I took a picture of a youg black haired woman because it’s actually what I look like (not to attract buyers or anything). I’m just super incomfortable with showing my face online
 But everything you said is true and you’re right it’s wrong and I will change it for my own.

@enunciator, @j6nyc6, I wonder why they always only choose cute, sexy women
 :thinking:

That’s definitely not fair!!! What about the rest??? đŸ€š That’s discrimination!!! 😅

I guess their reasoning is, if a seller is already willing to break the rules and pretend to be someone else, might as well go big instead of playing it safe!

Just fairly recently on this forum, we’ve had people pretending to be:

a federal judge

a high profile private attorney

celebrities

models/bikini models

I’m pretty sure there’s more I’m missing. 😄

To be honnest the picture is obviously not mine, and I took a picture of a youg black haired woman because it’s actually what I look like (not to attract buyers or anything). I’m just super incomfortable with showing my face online
 But everything you said is true and you’re right it’s wrong and I will change it for my own.

I’m glad to hear it, Bssn_brhm!

If you’re uncomfortable using your own photo, you could use a logo or a cartoon drawing of yourself. They’re both generally considered as acceptable alternatives to a photo.

I guess their reasoning is, if a seller is already willing to break the rules and pretend to be someone else, might as well go big instead of playing it safe!

Just fairly recently on this forum, we’ve had people pretending to be:

a federal judge

a high profile private attorney

celebrities

models/bikini models

I’m pretty sure there’s more I’m missing. 😄

One of your services is as a tutor through several video communication programs/services.

If you are uncomfortable with showing your real identity, such a service might be problematic, or do you plan to only do voice communication?

One of your services is as a tutor through several video communication programs/services.

If you are uncomfortable with showing your real identity, such a service might be problematic, or do you plan to only do voice communication?

I don’t really mind showing my face to one person on a private video call, but when it comes to publishing a picture of me, for the whole world to see, it bothers me a little
 But I will obviously change it !

That’s a good move; you changed your profile image. I think you should improve your gig image and add two more attractive pictures to your gig.

Yeah, because it wasn’t mine and I realized that it was wrong! At first I didn’t know that we can put avatars as a profile picture, I would’ve done that instead of taking another person’s picture. Anyway, I am really sorry if I offended anyone 😩 And thank you so much for the tips, I appreciate it!

Archived