How much $ can I get from this work?

mehedi_hasan_bh

he actually used images from another seller

The PNG file is available (free) from the website mentioned on the watermark on the OP’s original image. Another seller may indeed be using the same logo. That doesn’t mean either of them (or anybody else) is stealing it. If an image has the appropriate licence, it can be used by multiple people all over the internet, without being stolen.

The OP wanted to show that they can vectorize an image, not design a logo. 😉

Here:

image.png.ad658468a3abb53c55ea644bb90a8ea4.png

Original user offering logo vectorization left and the OPs image.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here:

Original user offering logo vectorization left and the OPs image.

I’ll take your word for it - the OP’s account seems to have gone. I didn’t look at their gigs before they disappeared - I only went on the image they posted and the discussion about that particular image. 🙂

I’ll take your word for it - the OP’s account seems to have gone. I didn’t look at their gigs before they disappeared - I only went on the image they posted and the discussion about that particular image. 🙂

Type his name and word Fiverr and you can see his gig and images.

Hello
Dear friend,
@mehedi_hasan_bh

I hope you are doing well.

I can see that you have a great picture uploaded by you. I am unable to say how much $ you will get from your work from this design but if you want to sell it in a big amount you need to know how to make happy to your buyer instead of satisfied.

Always provide the Best of Best, high-quality service to your buyer.

Rest, leave it to buyer will of experience.

Happy earning!
Cheers

Beware what you call people! Brother is only used in certain countries and cultures. Not where I live. There are many names you mustn’t call. For example, ‘dear’. You could say ‘Sir’ or ‘Madam’.

I have to say, I’d rather be called sister than ‘madam’! I would take no offence at all from being called sister. (Or brother, as a man). I would see it as a cultural thing. Working around the globe, I was called many things we don’t use in Western European culture and I enjoyed every difference. If someone called me ‘madam’… well, that has certain other connotations! : )

Everybody calm down…

The author of the post is talking about vectorizing images, drawings etc. He also left the pngtree.com reference. If he writes the credits of the designer, there won’t be any issues.

@mehedi_hasan_bh Next time just provide more detailed explanation of what you are asking for and that the logo is not your work.

Ad to your real question. My advice for new sellers is: Don’t look for what services others do and don’t try to recreate something similar just to get paid. Aim to find you niche and improve your skills in that specific field.

Also you shouldn’t be asking how much the fee of your services should be. All of the successive sellers on this forum have made their own researches, have built their own strategies and their own pricing lists. Why would somebody do the researches for you?

If someone asks me, I’d never pay for such a service, but the only reason is because I know how to do it by myself. There are literally 2-3 buttons in Illustrator to click and voila. For sure people pay for that because Illustrator is a paid software, you still need to know how to use it etc, but I think there are a looot of similar services out there.

The author of the post is talking about vectorizing images, drawings etc.

What I do not understand is it takes like 15 seconds to maybe 2 minutes to create random on top of your head logo.

Draw that, export it in PNG small size and PNG large size, put it side by side and say “Vectorization services”

It is like 4 minutes total to create your own unique image for GIG portfolio.

Why waste time to take image from internet or anywhere and use it as sample.

The author of the post is talking about vectorizing images, drawings etc.

What I do not understand is it takes like 15 seconds to maybe 2 minutes to create random on top of your head logo.

Draw that, export it in PNG small size and PNG large size, put it side by side and say “Vectorization services”

It is like 4 minutes total to create your own unique image for GIG portfolio.

Why waste time to take image from internet or anywhere and use it as sample.

I must disagree with a lot of what was said here, come on. People jumped on the guy immediately with no clue what they were talking about. I’m not saying he is legit - but he was offering vectorisation services, not design.

As to your suggestion, it wouldn’t work. If I make a logo myself to show my vectorisation skills, I’ll just do it vector to begin with, then screw it up with compression, and then show the original as the “after”. That proves nothing. The only way to prove you can vectorise something is to do it on something you don’t have access to the source files. So, on an image you don’t own, preferably something well known so the client knows for sure you don’t have the vector file for it. Anything else can be easily faked.

It’s the same thing with color correction, for example. Pick up a well graded shot, screw it up yourself and make it look crap, and then show the original shot as the “after”. Yawn. Whereas if you do that with a well known shot, people will actually know you graded the “after” image, because they know the original.

Vectorization or a background removing gig era long gone. Not gone but just oversaturated. There are thousands, thousands, thousands of similar gig. Even people with hundreds of reviews are struggling with these kind of gigs. Vectorization may work but it takes time and people are only willing to pay for a 5 bucks for it. Since competition is high.

No. It is NOT an example of YOUR work.

You stole an image from the internet that some other artist created and then added something here and there and are calling it your own. If you are a true artist, how about creating your own artwork to show you actually have some talent?

GG

No. It is NOT an example of YOUR work.

You stole an image from the internet that some other artist created and then added something here and there and are calling it your own . If you are a true artist, how about creating your own artwork to show you actually have some talent?

Wrong. He’s offering a vectorisation service, not a design service. He didn’t claim to design it. His work was the vectorisation, not the logo. What he is vectorizing doesn’t have to (and actually shouldn’t be) designed by him. That would defeat the purpose. I don’t need to vectorise something I design, it’s already vector.

I must disagree with a lot of what was said here, come on. People jumped on the guy immediately with no clue what they were talking about. I’m not saying he is legit - but he was offering vectorisation services, not design.

As to your suggestion, it wouldn’t work. If I make a logo myself to show my vectorisation skills, I’ll just do it vector to begin with, then screw it up with compression, and then show the original as the “after”. That proves nothing. The only way to prove you can vectorise something is to do it on something you don’t have access to the source files. So, on an image you don’t own, preferably something well known so the client knows for sure you don’t have the vector file for it. Anything else can be easily faked.

It’s the same thing with color correction, for example. Pick up a well graded shot, screw it up yourself and make it look crap, and then show the original shot as the “after”. Yawn. Whereas if you do that with a well known shot, people will actually know you graded the “after” image, because they know the original.

People jumped on the guy immediately with no clue what they were talking about.

My complaint was that he used a sample image of vectorization from another seller, he did not take an online photo and vectorize it himself, he took another seller sample and added top and bottom text.

As to your suggestion, it wouldn’t work.

something well known so the client knows for sure you don’t have the vector file for it.

There is nothing online or almost nothing that can not be obtained in vector file (logos). Most developers upload SVG of the logo on website. And if he uses well-known trademark logos that is against TOS.

But bottom line is that he could make his own photo, take anything from the internet except GIG sample from some portfolio.

Even if he found an image by coincidence on a random spot it is always good to do your own image backtrace before uploading to make sure it is not already online.

I used my daughter’s hand drawing (pencil and ink) and vectorize it for my portfolio.

People jumped on the guy immediately with no clue what they were talking about.

My complaint was that he used a sample image of vectorization from another seller, he did not take an online photo and vectorize it himself, he took another seller sample and added top and bottom text.

As to your suggestion, it wouldn’t work.

something well known so the client knows for sure you don’t have the vector file for it.

There is nothing online or almost nothing that can not be obtained in vector file (logos). Most developers upload SVG of the logo on website. And if he uses well-known trademark logos that is against TOS.

But bottom line is that he could make his own photo, take anything from the internet except GIG sample from some portfolio.

Even if he found an image by coincidence on a random spot it is always good to do your own image backtrace before uploading to make sure it is not already online.

I used my daughter’s hand drawing (pencil and ink) and vectorize it for my portfolio.

That’s a different question. If he took the vectorized version from another seller, then yes, ofc that’s wrong. If he took a photo from the web and vectorized it himself, it’s perfectly acceptable as a way to show his vectoring skills. He’s not claiming any copyright of the design. His work is the vectorisation process itself, it’s irrelevant what he is applying it to.

The only question is: can he vectorise (and did he vectorise) something just like the sample he is showing? If he can, he’s not being misleading in any way. If he can’t, then he is.

That’s a different question. If he took the vectorized version from another seller, then yes, ofc that’s wrong. If he took a photo from the web and vectorized it himself, it’s perfectly acceptable as a way to show his vectoring skills. He’s not claiming any copyright of the design. His work is the vectorisation process itself, it’s irrelevant what he is applying it to.

The only question is: can he vectorise (and did he vectorise) something just like the sample he is showing? If he can, he’s not being misleading in any way. If he can’t, then he is.

image.png.72bd0dd742da266ed24adc2b9dcaf1cb.png

“Ilusration logo” is hard to make similar/same grammar mistake.

I do not have results for lion, but this one is the same image, just added the top and bottom banner.

An since this is in cache it can not be expanded to see it all.

If he took the vectorized version from another seller, then yes, ofc that’s wrong.

It is the same photo only with top and bottom decorations.

“Ilusration logo” is hard to make similar/same grammar mistake.

I do not have results for lion, but this one is the same image, just added the top and bottom banner.

An since this is in cache it can not be expanded to see it all.

If he took the vectorized version from another seller, then yes, ofc that’s wrong.

It is the same photo only with top and bottom decorations.

Yeah, on that one he clearly copied somebody else. That’s a big no from me. I was just talking about the lion pic, which looked like he downloaded some low res jpeg from the web and vectorized it himself. Hadn’t seen that one, wasn’t on what he posted.

Yeah, on that one he clearly copied somebody else. That’s a big no from me. I was just talking about the lion pic, which looked like he downloaded some low res jpeg from the web and vectorized it himself. Hadn’t seen that one, wasn’t on what he posted.

Nope, that is also online but can’t find it now.

Nope, that is also online but can’t find it now.

Sure, that’s why I said I wasn’t claiming him to be legit. What I was saying is that people saying “but you didn’t design it yourself!” is absolute BS when talking about vectorisation services, that’s irrelevant.

That’s like saying you can’t do background removal on a photo because you didn’t take the photo yourself. Or you can’t mix and master a song because you didn’t play the instruments or composed the melody. Etc.

Sure, that’s why I said I wasn’t claiming him to be legit. What I was saying is that people saying “but you didn’t design it yourself!” is absolute BS when talking about vectorisation services, that’s irrelevant.

That’s like saying you can’t do background removal on a photo because you didn’t take the photo yourself. Or you can’t mix and master a song because you didn’t play the instruments or composed the melody. Etc.

What I was saying is that people saying “but you didn’t design it yourself!”

Yes, that was a dropped ball there I agree.

Image is copyright protected so he can not use it commercially, and if he purchase the license he gets PSD which is one click away from AI.

I do not get sales on that GIG so maybe I am wrong on what should be in portfolio images.

image.thumb.jpg.8f58d66443e0e262b992b4cd9efa87e3.jpg
image718×896 109 KB

What I was saying is that people saying “but you didn’t design it yourself!”

Yes, that was a dropped ball there I agree.

Image is copyright protected so he can not use it commercially, and if he purchase the license he gets PSD which is one click away from AI.

I do not get sales on that GIG so maybe I am wrong on what should be in portfolio images.

Yeah, that’s a different story. If he just bought an already vector image, it’s obviously misleading. If he didn’t buy it and vectorized it himself, heh. Sure, technically that may be “copyright infringement”, but who cares. He’s not using the image for the image, but to show his skill at vectoring, which is what matters. The spirit of the law is much more important than the letter of the law. What matters for the client (and thus for Fiverr itself) is that the seller does not mislead clients with his skill or lack thereof. Until you get your first clients, you need to have something to show. Go vectorise the Mona Lisa for all I care. As long as it is your vectoring work, that’s what matters (for me as a client, copyright lawyers may have different views, but then again that’s how they earn their living lol).

After all, what I can say is that I don’t understand why someone would use a screenshot of .png file as before and another one with white BG as after. This is basically a gig which is shouting
“I will vectorize your screenshots of copyright logos from graphic designers whom you don’t want to pay”

After all, what I can say is that I don’t understand why someone would use a screenshot of .png file as before and another one with white BG as after. This is basically a gig which is shouting

“I will vectorize your screenshots of copyright logos from graphic designers whom you don’t want to pay”

Not necessarily. There are tons of instances where you have a low res logo that you own and need an upscale version. There are even instances where people need to remove a watermark from a file they own (I have a company, watermark my files with the logo, then lose the originals Then I change the logo and want to update the files. What do?). Are there exploits? Of course. But you can’t ban vectoring services based on that lol

Not necessarily. There are tons of instances where you have a low res logo that you own and need an upscale version. There are even instances where people need to remove a watermark from a file they own (I have a company, watermark my files with the logo, then lose the originals Then I change the logo and want to update the files. What do?). Are there exploits? Of course. But you can’t ban vectoring services based on that lol

I understand your point. I won’t say what I would have done personally because nobody helped me with my gigs and researches when I opened my account. But in my opinion there are better ways to show your skills for this niche.

“brother” in many places means friend or something similar. No need to be so hostile.

This is a professional, international environment. You shouldn’t call anyone “brother”, “dear”, “sir”, etc. in this context. It doesn’t matter what is acceptable or not in your culture. You must adapt to the marketplace’s culture. When in Rome, do as Romans do.

Archived