What do you do when you have no gigs?

what are you using your time on ,as Fiverr users when you do not have any gigs.? I am still waiting for my firist gig… I have try to be active for for a maybe 2 week now. I have made a few project just for fun … sind i never got the gigs. still fun making somthing that I know someone out there need . but sind i still very news as an active user… I have not been lucky so far to try a real gigs. am I the only one who working on a gigs just for training? or what do you do with all the free time between gigs ?

I think you’re confusing the word ‘gig’ with the word ‘order’.

A gig is the the service you offer. An order is the contract made for you to do the work.

As for what I do when I have no orders, depends. Self-improvement, hobbies, personal projects, housework, other things that need doing…

I think you’re confusing the word ‘gig’ with the word ‘order’.

A gig is the the service you offer. An order is the contract made for you to do the work.

As for what I do when I have no orders, depends. Self-improvement, hobbies, personal projects, housework, other things that need doing…

I thought the same but these lines are very confusing:

I the only one who working on a gigs just for training? or what do you do with all the free time between gigs ?

Your post is very confusing. I find it difficult to know what you are trying to tell. 😅

d it difficult to know what you are trying to tel

Well I not trying to tell must … asking what are you doing when you do not have work ? between projects

second I tell that I find project and start working on them even before I get them … because I work to train my skill … and if I get the gigs . I am already well on my way 😁

d it difficult to know what you are trying to tel

Well I not trying to tell must … asking what are you doing when you do not have work ? between projects

second I tell that I find project and start working on them even before I get them … because I work to train my skill … and if I get the gigs . I am already well on my way 😁

It’s great that you practice your skill, you can also use that practiced work to show in gig gallery to the buyers.

Hmmm.

Today is currently what I call my “Blog Writing Day” so I am writing blogs for two of my own websites - one I use to promote my freelance services and one to cross promote one of my handful of eBooks.

I’m not normally without a lot to do over here…lol

As far as I can tell, ‘training’ is a stand in word for ‘practice’. So:

Am I the only one who challenges themselves with practice orders?

you could say that 🙂 I am not sure why it is wrong to say training …but okay that might end up learn something new when it come to the English language 😃

you could say that 🙂 I am not sure why it is wrong to say training …but okay that might end up learn something new when it come to the English language 😃

‘Training’ and ‘practicing’ have similar meanings in English, and can often be used as synonyms, so your use (in this case) isn’t wrong. It’s just a rather tricky nuance. ‘Training’ usually has an external or third-party perspective, closer to ‘teaching’, while ‘practice’ is more internal or self-driven, and is closer to ‘rehearse’ or ‘refine’.

Definitions, as found on the internet.

prac·tice

/ˈpraktəs/

verb

gerund or present participle: practicing

1. perform (an activity) or exercise (a skill) repeatedly or regularly in order to improve or maintain one’s proficiency.

“I need to practice my French”

2. carry out or perform (a particular activity, method, or custom) habitually or regularly.

“we still practice some of these rituals today”

actively pursue or be engaged in (a particular profession or occupation).

train

/trān/

verb

gerund or present participle: training

1. teach (a person or animal) a particular skill or type of behavior through practice and instruction over a period of time.

“the plan trains people for promotion”

be taught through practice and instruction over a period of time.

“he trained as a classicist”

develop and improve (a mental or physical faculty) through instruction or practice.

“it’s a learning experience— I have to train my eyes again and refine my footwork”

cause (a plant) to grow in a particular direction or into a required shape.

“they trained roses over their houses”

undertake a course of exercise and diet in order to reach or maintain a high level of physical fitness.

“she trains three times a week”

When i dont have orders or i have i still run my own freelance projects in real life.

Or just learn more about editing, or going out having work around my backyard…

i dont have orders or i have i still run my own freelance projects in real life.

what kind of work do you do ?

i dont have orders or i have i still run my own freelance projects in real life.

what kind of work do you do ?

I do Music videos, Promo videos, Weddings and so on, I own a small Media Agency, and at meantime when covid affected me i am doing fine with Fiverr as my main income at this point, and slowly getting my own projects back in normal

Archived