The time my husband called a buyer a Grade-A C***

gwyneth_galvin

My husband used to run a few gigs on Fiverr as a side hustle. He made decent money when he got work but it was “bonus” income and he didn’t pour his heart and soul into his work there. He also didn’t take things as personally as I do when he got rude clients, and was always good at keeping his cool. I should learn from him.

ANYWAY, he had a truly viciously rude buyer about 2 years ago. Like - would-have-made-me-cry-if-it-had-been-me level rude. From the start he was insulting my husband’s work, calling him unqualified, and messaging him at all hours demanding revisions etc.

My husband jokingly said he that if he got another rude message from the buyer, he’d risk getting a warning to give him a piece of his mind. So, sure enough…

Husband wakes up to condescending, rude message from the buyer, explaining that the most recent revision was no good. My husband replied: “No need to be a Grade A C*** about it mate.”

Look, I would never do this. Obviously. Fiverr is my main source of income and even though I rant a lot, I do love my work. AND MY CLIENTS! WHO ARE LOVELY PEOPLE!

But is it ok to say I lived vicariously through my husband for a moment then?

He got a warning obviously, and he stopped selling on Fiverr a long time ago. But I still think about that every now and then and laugh.

ANYWAY THIS IS ME MAKING SURE IT’S CLEAR THAT I THINK THAT’S UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR AND THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS REMAIN POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL WITH EVEN THE MOST DIFFICULT CLIENTS <3

I also think it’s worth mentioning that that word doesn’t hold as much weight where we live as it does in the states, where the word is so offensive that you might as well smack someone across the face when you say it 😂

Also very offensive here in Canada!

I get the odd rude Buyer, but typically I just finish the job then block 'em.

I don’t need toxic people in my life telling me how to run my freelance business.

However, I do communicate professionally with these Buyers until I get the chance to block 'em.

But I do agree with your hubby…lol

• 2 months later...

Archived