Welcome to "Fiverr 3.0"!

frank_d

I’m guessing everybody does, because the people who don’t read these posts still seem to find an incredible amount of time to create threads complaining about their lack of orders.

Yes, there are answers in this thread in plain site for sellers to use to get more sales. But they do not even take the time read them.

Many of these types of sellers want quick tips and tricks when there are none.

• Like 20

If It is that so, Then I am afraid that Fiverr is going to lose its most potent and reliable sellers although Fiverr has introduced new options as “Fiverr recommendations” but it’s just for top buyers I haven’t seen yet for new sellers, and In this way of searching engine services the new sellers’ cants make room on the Fiverr platform.

• Like 10

If It is that so, Then I am afraid that Fiverr is going to lose its most potent and reliable sellers although Fiverr has introduced new options as “Fiverr recommendations” but it’s just for top buyers I haven’t seen yet for new sellers, and In this way of searching engine services the new sellers’ cants make room on the Fiverr platform.

Then I am afraid that Fiverr is going to lose its most potent and reliable sellers

I think Fiverr has plenty of new sellers. They are not worried about losing some of them.

Since the pandemic began the number of sellers on the platform has drastically increased. When I first began in 2017 there were less than 25,886 gigs for writers. Now there are 131,338 of them.

If you do the math that is 5 times as many writing gigs as before the pandemic. I doubt the buyers have increased by that amount!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I mean who has time to read these long ass posts anyways 😕 Just to get engagement?

Well, if reading is too difficult a task to potentially get some helpful insight into the possible workings of Fiverr, then I guess fumbling and stumbling in the dark is the easier alternative.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

Hi @frank_d !
Your post was so much informative. I was on the process of creating gigs based on keywords. Thanks for clearing the keyword misconception.

But here comes another confusion for me !
I was targeting few keywords (lets count the keywords as :Wordpress Website, Website Design and Full Website Creation) for now.

Thus, based on the keywords and my small-head research, the intent of the gig comes something like: I will design or create a full Wordpess Website. (Here the title is completely based on keywords only, whether the seller knows anything about wordpress or not 😄).

But according to your words, Fiverr 3.0 doesn’t rank gigs that are based on keywords only. So, in this case, what can be the gig intent. (I mean: if it is not based on keywords then how will the title/gig intent be)?

Will you provide this solution please? It will really help me a lot to do a proper research on Gigs, rather than collecting low intent keywords only.

& Thank You Again @frank_d, for such information.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

So I think the algorithm filters the sellers with poorer metrics to the buyers that are least likely to buy. And the sellers considered high-value / good metrics are filtered to the buyers who are most likely to buy.

I say this because when I search for something that I’ve bought before, or something similiar, all the top rows are top rated sellers with amazing ratings. Fiverr sees I’m very likely to buy based of my buying history so they give me the best possible sellers with a lower likelehood of cancellation, lateness or poor experience.

If I search for something I would never even consider buying all the top rows are sellers with low ratings. Fiverr ses I’m not likely to buy this service as i’ve never even bought anything similiar, so they give me the more low-value sellers, so that they are not wasting all their good leads on the crappier sellers.

This would make sense for fiverr. Because they don’t want to send traffic that’s highly likely to convert to a seller that is at risk of cancelling the order and losing the money, providing poor customer experience or just generally making the buyer unhappy.

So the low value sellers performance wise get the scraps. The bad leads that aren’t likely to convert. And the best sellers get the cream of the crop, the ones that are most likely to buy and spend MORE.

This would explain why impressions and clicks are not down but sales are. Because they are sending just as much traffic to you, it’s just low-value traffic because your performance is seen as low.

• Like 15

After selecting the fiverr promotion thing for one of my gigs that was eligible, it says unqualified for promotion and all my gigs disappeared to the last page. For one month now, my impression ratings is dropping drastically and I haven’t gotten a single click. This is definitely a bug. I have contacted CS and they can’t help. Has anyone experienced this?

• Like 11

After selecting the fiverr promotion thing for one of my gigs that was eligible, it says unqualified for promotion and all my gigs disappeared to the last page. For one month now, my impression ratings is dropping drastically and I haven’t gotten a single click. This is definitely a bug. I have contacted CS and they can’t help. Has anyone experienced this?

For one month now, my impression ratings is dropping drastically

It might have been because of a rating you received around a month ago. Maybe other dashboard/analytics stats changed. Maybe the conversion rate (messages received to orders created) lowered or just there weren’t enough recent orders so it lowered ranks of gigs. I had a message about gigs being ineligible for promotion after my level dropped (I think when it went to level 0) but that might also be because of change in gig/profile stats (though your main gig does seem to pass the stated requirements for gig promotion - though we don’t know what is required for “You meet additional quality metrics”).

• Like 9

I have experienced this also. Went to 0 orders.

• Like 9

I dont know what to think about it… I didnt perfrom that well in dec-january-febuary becasue i didnt pay attention to fiverr but this month i made around 50-60 orders and still cant find myself when i use search engine. But can see a bunch of people without reviews or with like 1 🙂

I read like 2 stories about people who also dissapire from search engine but after a few months like 4 they were back on the 1st page its weird!

• Like 11

I dont know what to think about it… I didnt perfrom that well in dec-january-febuary becasue i didnt pay attention to fiverr but this month i made around 50-60 orders and still cant find myself when i use search engine. But can see a bunch of people without reviews or with like 1 🙂

I read like 2 stories about people who also dissapire from search engine but after a few months like 4 they were back on the 1st page its weird!

Yeahhhh. This is what I find too. It seems totally random a lot of the time. I’ve been shoved to the last page randomly along with my competitors a bunch of times. Then replaced with people who have terrible reviews. And I mean terrible. One time they had less than 4.9. It makes no sense as my replacements on the search rankings would have barley ANY orders in the que due to the bad reviews. So like fiverr would’ve been losing money. Why would they do this :s

I would’ve thought that it would be a matter of how much money you bring into the site but obviously not.

• Like 13

Yeahhhh. This is what I find too. It seems totally random a lot of the time. I’ve been shoved to the last page randomly along with my competitors a bunch of times. Then replaced with people who have terrible reviews. And I mean terrible. One time they had less than 4.9. It makes no sense as my replacements on the search rankings would have barley ANY orders in the que due to the bad reviews. So like fiverr would’ve been losing money. Why would they do this :s

I would’ve thought that it would be a matter of how much money you bring into the site but obviously not.

U are lucky that u at least found yourself 🙂 Its really weird becasue i cant find my gig in the any of the pages even the last one but i can find my gig in ''Local sellers" and ‘‘online’’ ??

• Like 9

So I can’t really comment on the last few months but I definitely saw a number of these things popping up at times even 9-12 months ago.

There was likely some testing going on over a longer period which made all our analysis seem somewhat muddled or right for some but not for others. Many of the things that you mention are things I remember talking about even two years ago but that was more in the sense of “it would be a good idea if Fiverr’s algorithms thought like this…”

Whether with Google or Fiverr, it’s always a good idea to think about what they are trying to achieve and how that could come about. It’s how to get ahead of the competitors because when you are right you can be sure these big companies will get to their goal sooner rather than later.

Great write up Frank and happy birthday, is it a big one?

thanks for share your information 😍

• Like 9

I just got my first order in 3 months, I finished ahead of schedule but now I’m more confused than ever:

• It is from a Gig that I had never got an order from before
  • It is a Gig that I haven’t edited since launching it last year
  • It is a Gig that has over 100 impressions/6 clicks over 30 days
  • My main (most successful) Gig is still getting less than 30 impressions/clicks over 30 days…

:woman_shrugging:

• Like 17

I just got my first order in 3 months, I finished ahead of schedule but now I’m more confused than ever:

• It is from a Gig that I had never got an order from before
  • It is a Gig that I haven’t edited since launching it last year
  • It is a Gig that has over 100 impressions/6 clicks over 30 days
  • My main (most successful) Gig is still getting less than 30 impressions/clicks over 30 days…

:woman_shrugging:

This always amuses me - gigs that shouldn’t get an order get one.

My explanation for it is that there is a search term that gig ranks for which is very unusual and someone searched for it. It could be anything and not even very related to the gig.

• Like 14

This always amuses me - gigs that shouldn’t get an order get one.

My explanation for it is that there is a search term that gig ranks for which is very unusual and someone searched for it. It could be anything and not even very related to the gig.

That makes sense and makes absolutely no sense at the same time hahaha…

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it’s happened again and I don’t even know what to do anymore… I’m in the exact same place as I was three months ago; I’ve had no work for a whole month, even though I finished my last job ahead of schedule and got a good review for it.

Now all of my impressions/clicks are down even though I’ve been online most of the day fairly consistantly.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1