My 1️⃣ year anniversary as a seller! A condensed retrospective

enunciator

Hi folks! Today’s my first anniversary as a seller on Fiverr. Although my account was created back in 2018, I didn’t actually do anything on the site and start selling until March of 2020. My timing proved to be horrible, as the pandemic was already becoming well and truly global at the same time and a continuous flood of other new sellers would also come to the site (and still do to this day).

I planned on trying to work from home as some sort of freelancer for years and knew it would be through acting, whether via voice or video, but didn’t have all the proper equipment and space for such an undertaking. After much investment and DIY effort (properly ventilating my recording booth was an absolute chore), I was able to create a space to record and edit audio.

Creating my first gigs took time as well. I think I studied well over 50 other successful voice actors’ gigs to look at stylistic trends, gig and FAQ description practices, and service pricing. This was done for insight and inspiration, and not for copying other gigs and using their content for myself! I decided to start freelancing via the ‘very cheap and hopefully plentiful’ orders strategy. I knew starting off would be difficult since I had no track record on the platform and would try to entice at least some sort of interest by pricing my services very low.

I’ve several years experience in live performance acting and always had a personal passion and knack for it since my first “esteemed” role as FIRST SERVINGMAN from Romeo and Juliet in second grade, but had never been paid for acting before. I felt some trepidation that, perhaps, my skill and talent was all just in my head and no one would be willing to shell out their hard-earned money, especially during such uncertain times, to a long-haired odd looking nobody with a microphone . I wouldn’t know if that were so until my gigs finally went live …

I know I harp against the Buyer Requests page regularly in the forum, but that is where I actually received my first order, and with much luck and good fortune, on my first day of selling. It was a small order to voice a script for a whiteboard animation seller on Fiverr, and I pounced upon it with as much gusto a naive, new seller could possibly muster. The order went without a hitch, and soon after, more orders followed and sent the proverbial ball rolling.

One year later, I’ve completed over 150 orders, developed and expanded my services, became a Level Two seller, and joined the forum and become acquainted with a number of really great (and not so great) people 😉. My experience hasn’t been without difficulties and droughts of orders , and I’ve definitely not set the freelancing world on fire, but overall, I’m very much quite happy with how things worked out over the year. I know I might get tarred and feathered for saying this, but personally, 2020 was a pretty good year for me. 🤯

Well, that’s all I wanted to say! Apologies for me being so wordy! I hope this first year carries on to becoming many more positive experiences!

Hi folks! Today’s my first anniversary as a seller on Fiverr. Although my account was created back in 2018, I didn’t actually do anything on the site and start selling until March of 2020. My timing proved to be horrible, as the pandemic was already becoming well and truly global at the same time and a continuous flood of other new sellers would also come to the site (and still do to this day).

I planned on trying to work from home as some sort of freelancer for years and knew it would be through acting, whether via voice or video, but didn’t have all the proper equipment and space for such an undertaking. After much investment and DIY effort (properly ventilating my recording booth was an absolute chore), I was able to create a space to record and edit audio.

Creating my first gigs took time as well. I think I studied well over 50 other successful voice actors’ gigs to look at stylistic trends, gig and FAQ description practices, and service pricing. This was done for insight and inspiration, and not for copying other gigs and using their content for myself! I decided to start freelancing via the ‘very cheap and hopefully plentiful’ orders strategy. I knew starting off would be difficult since I had no track record on the platform and would try to entice at least some sort of interest by pricing my services very low.

I’ve several years experience in live performance acting and always had a personal passion and knack for it since my first “esteemed” role as FIRST SERVINGMAN from Romeo and Juliet in second grade, but had never been paid for acting before. I felt some trepidation that, perhaps, my skill and talent was all just in my head and no one would be willing to shell out their hard-earned money, especially during such uncertain times, to a long-haired odd looking nobody with a microphone . I wouldn’t know if that were so until my gigs finally went live …

I know I harp against the Buyer Requests page regularly in the forum, but that is where I actually received my first order, and with much luck and good fortune, on my first day of selling. It was a small order to voice a script for a whiteboard animation seller on Fiverr, and I pounced upon it with as much gusto a naive, new seller could possibly muster. The order went without a hitch, and soon after, more orders followed and sent the proverbial ball rolling.

One year later, I’ve completed over 150 orders, developed and expanded my services, became a Level Two seller, and joined the forum and become acquainted with a number of really great (and not so great) people 😉. My experience hasn’t been without difficulties and droughts of orders , and I’ve definitely not set the freelancing world on fire, but overall, I’m very much quite happy with how things worked out over the year. I know I might get tarred and feathered for saying this, but personally, 2020 was a pretty good year for me. 🤯

Well, that’s all I wanted to say! Apologies for me being so wordy! I hope this first year carries on to becoming many more positive experiences!

Your first year seems to have been a great success! 150+ orders are amazing for your first year, and 150 orders more than the average person here gets!

I am very happy that you decided to join as a seller and as a contributor here on the forum. Your posts are always great, and Fiverr should be proud that they have gotten such a great seller! I especially like your cowboy gig. Very fun and inventive!

I decided to start freelancing via the ‘very cheap and hopefully plentiful’ orders strategy. I knew starting off would be difficult since I had no track record on the platform and would try to entice at least some sort of interest by pricing my services very low.

That’s how I started too. It is a very valid strategy, though many will say not to do it!

I know I might get tarred and feathered for saying this, but personally, 2020 was a pretty good year for me. 🤯

Me too! It feels horrible to say so, but it was exactly what I needed. Some time to reflect on life, how things were going, and to rethink my priorities. It became a sort of reset for me, and I have been much more “put-together” and a bit more focused since.

Your first year seems to have been a great success! 150+ orders are amazing for your first year, and 150 orders more than the average person here gets!

I am very happy that you decided to join as a seller and as a contributor here on the forum. Your posts are always great, and Fiverr should be proud that they have gotten such a great seller! I especially like your cowboy gig. Very fun and inventive!

I decided to start freelancing via the ‘very cheap and hopefully plentiful’ orders strategy. I knew starting off would be difficult since I had no track record on the platform and would try to entice at least some sort of interest by pricing my services very low.

That’s how I started too. It is a very valid strategy, though many will say not to do it!

I know I might get tarred and feathered for saying this, but personally, 2020 was a pretty good year for me. 🤯

Me too! It feels horrible to say so, but it was exactly what I needed. Some time to reflect on life, how things were going, and to rethink my priorities. It became a sort of reset for me, and I have been much more “put-together” and a bit more focused since.

Thank you for your very kind words! The feeling is mutual; you are a superlative presence on the forum and your noteworthy achievements as a seller speak for themself!

For some reason, 2020 was the year I finally decided to take the plunge into freelancing, and I’m glad I did. For years, I was physically in a bad way from my previous jobs and had to take quite some time get myself into a proper condition to tackle anything. While so many people have lost so much (or literally everything) over the past year, it definitely served as a period of self-retrospective and re-evaluating what truly mattered.

I don’t think anyone who experienced 2020 firsthand will ever forget it 😷, but my personal perspective is likely quite different than what is anticipated.

Happy Fiver Forum Anniversary! May you enjoy many more years of successful selling here

One year later, I joined the forum and became acquainted with a number of really great (and not so great) people 😉

Yes, the Fiverr Forum is a mixed 💼 bag of people and you are one of the ‘cool’ 🧊 ones!

Happy Fiver Forum Anniversary! May you enjoy many more years of successful selling here

One year later, I joined the forum and became acquainted with a number of really great (and not so great) people 😉

Yes, the Fiverr Forum is a mixed 💼 bag of people and you are one of the ‘cool’ 🧊

Well, it’s not technically my forum account anniversary for another couple of months, but I’ll consider you as my first congratz in advance!

The forum is indeed an interesting anomaly. There are many “fruit flies” that quickly buzz in and buzz out, never to be seen again, and then there are the casual drop-in users who just like to keep tabs on any major announcements. Then there are the real nutcases who are here day-in day-out and stick around like a combination of tar, molasses, and honey. 😄

Congratulations on your big success! After reading your topic, I’m inspired. Because I was open my Fiverr account in 2017. But I’m trying to work by Fiverr recently. I was confused about my old account. Now I’m getting back inspiration. Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think I studied well over 50 other successful voice actors’ gigs

not for copying other gigs and using their content for myself!

This needs to be framed or dipped in bronze.

Seriously, the ones that really needs to understand this the most won’t bother taking the time reading them.

Anyway, congratulations and happy anniversay 😆

I love reading success stories like this on the forum.

150 orders in a year is amazing, I’m glad your hard work paid off!

…and now that you have posted this on the forum, be prepared for the flood of “I read your post now help me” messages. 😅

I think I studied well over 50 other successful voice actors’ gigs

not for copying other gigs and using their content for myself!

This needs to be framed or dipped in bronze.

Seriously, the ones that really needs to understand this the most won’t bother taking the time reading them.

Anyway, congratulations and happy anniversay 😆

I love reading success stories like this on the forum.

150 orders in a year is amazing, I’m glad your hard work paid off!

…and now that you have posted this on the forum, be prepared for the flood of “I read your post now help me” messages. 😅

the flood of “I read your post now help me” messages.

I think that mainly happens for those who just became a TRS! 😆

Thank you for your kind words!

the flood of “I read your post now help me” messages.

I think that mainly happens for those who just became a TRS! 😆

Thank you for your kind words!

Oh believe me, you’ll be surprised! 😅

It’s not about being a TRS or a level 1/2 seller, it’s about the fact that you got 150 orders.

Some people ( actually a lot…) will only see that number and go “wow I want 150 orders too, I’m gonna ask this guy how” and completely skip the part where you mentioned how long it took to set up your gig.

Oh believe me, you’ll be surprised! 😅

It’s not about being a TRS or a level 1/2 seller, it’s about the fact that you got 150 orders.

Some people ( actually a lot…) will only see that number and go “wow I want 150 orders too, I’m gonna ask this guy how” and completely skip the part where you mentioned how long it took to set up your gig.

I see your point, but my post is so long and convoluted, thankfully most of those types will miss that aspect being mentioned! 🧐

Happy to hear that it worked out, i had same strategy for low price in short term, but builded up to more than 500 completed orders in less than 2 years.
And my 2020,was very succesfull. Fiverr has been helping me out with money to build my own Media company, so far so good. 🙂

I don’t know if I should ask this but 😛 For level 2 sellers what percentage does Fiverr amounts to your income? Do you think it’s possible to do this full time ?

For level 2 sellers what percentage does Fiverr amounts to your income? Do you think it’s possible to do this full time ?

Level doesn’t really matter in determining how much of one’s overall income is made. That’s really determined by how many other platforms one works on. If someone only works on Fiverr, then obviously Fiverr makes up 100% of their income!

It is absolutely possible to have freelancing on Fiverr being one’s full time job, but you need to be in consistent demand, properly priced, and very fortunate for such a situation to occur. I’m not there yet.

Apologies for me being so wordy!

Hey, this is “Fiverr Stories”, thanks for being so wordy! For having joined the forum, too. And all the best for your second year, I’m sure it will be good.

Archived