New Data Vertical!

mjensen415

We’re excited to announce the new data vertical. This new vertical will help our buyers with all their data needs and help them make their data driven decisions with your help.

If you offer any of the following services, this is an opportunity for you to get more exposure:

• Data Science
  • Data Processing
  • Data Analytics
  • Databases
  • Data Visualization
  • Data Entry

We’ve added more options for service types, pricing and metadata, so make sure you update your existing Gigs accordingly to start reaching more buyers. And, if you think you’re Pro material, be sure to apply to be a Pro here.

The new Data Vertical will be live to buyers within the next week, so be sure to relocate and update your Gigs ASAP.

Just one thing - having data cleanse and de-duplication under “Data Entry” is an incorrect classification. When I perform de-duplication and field derivation, I use automated analysis techniques and heuristics based on the data profile to compare records in a data set, not manually reviewing data by eye and certainly not entering data.

This should be under “Data Analysis” as that is what this task actually pertains to. This is a standard part of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), which I’ve been doing professionally for the better part of 20 years.

Just one thing - having data cleanse and de-duplication under “Data Entry” is an incorrect classification. When I perform de-duplication and field derivation, I use automated analysis techniques and heuristics based on the data profile to compare records in a data set, not manually reviewing data by eye and certainly not entering data.

This should be under “Data Analysis” as that is what this task actually pertains to. This is a standard part of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), which I’ve been doing professionally for the better part of 20 years.

I think fiverr is trying to promote data science services. It’s been hard to find a relevant category before.

I think fiverr is trying to promote data science services. It’s been hard to find a relevant category before.

I understand that, but to make that effective, they need to ensure that tasks in the data sciences/processing are classified correctly or sellers are going to be approached by buyers for tasks that don’t match what they’re offering. That doesn’t help the buyer and it certainly doesn’t help the seller.

Please from your experience about the application for pro:
I’ve applied once to pro and received the answer:

“ We are currently not adding additional Pro sellers to the Pro service that you applied for, but your application is stored in our records and will be looked at when we reopen this category.
We look forward to reviewing your application soon!”

This happened in January. I have to wait? Or there anything else I need to do?

Thank you!

Hi, I am doing database service on the fiver from previous three months. After getting notification from fiver I have updated my gigs. The main category of my gig is changed from database to Data.
Now my Gigs(database gigs) are not shown in Mobile application neither I found the buyer request of database category. But my gig is shown on browser. Can anyone guide me ?
Thanks

• 6 months later...

I've been doing database service on Fiver for the past three months. I updated my gigs after receiving notification from Fiver. I changed the main category of my gig from database to data.
My gigs (database gigs) are no longer showing up in the mobile application, nor did I find any buyer requests for the database category. However, my gig is still displayed in the browser. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Thanks

Archived