Demoted for "Lateness"

Thank you! You’re the only one who’s answered my question.

It’s a very specific set of circumstances that cause this bug, so I’m sure the other contributors in the thread are trying to help you, it’s just possible that they’ve not come across this yet. We have, so have real-world experience of this happening.

So to clarify, if I had added 1 day for the add-on it wouldn’t have counted against me?

It depends. Let’s say that you submit your order on Monday (Day 0), just as the order countdown clock is coming to an end. Then let’s say the client requests a revision on Wednesday (Day -2). If you created a gig extra with a delivery time of 1 day, you’d deliver 1 day late (Day -1).

So, you’d have to submit a Gig Extra with a delivery time of 3 days. 2 days to get the clock back to 0, and 1 day to allow you to work. Make sense?

It’s MADNESS. And super frustrating, and we’ve argued this one out with Fiverr Customer Support before too. You essentially have to explain to your client that you need to request a gig extra for 3 days, even though it’s only going to take you 1 day to do the work.

So, you’d have to submit a Gig Extra with a delivery time of 3 days. 2 days to get the clock back to 0, and 1 day to allow you to work. Make sense?

It’s MADNESS. And super frustrating, and we’ve argued this one out with Fiverr Customer Support before too. You essentially have to explain to your client that you need to request a gig extra for 3 days, even though it’s only going to take you 1 day to do the work.

Omg that’s super madness!! But thanks so much for taking the time to explain it to me so I can avoid this very specific set of circumstances in the future! I feel validated to know someone else has experienced this unfairness… and thanks for sharing your work-around with me.

-----‐----------

Here’s my more recent correspondence with CS.

“Nick, I am providing screenshots again to show you how my initial delivery for order FO37DB892041 was not late. Please note how the order was placed on 20:09 2/11/21. My initial delivery was made at 17:07 on 2/13/21. Correct me if I’m wrong but 17:07 is 3 hours and 2 minutes before the deadline. You’ve stipulated that the initial delivery had to be made before the deadline to not be considered late. Yet during this order, I delivered before the deadline and re-delivered a few more times before the deadline based on revision requests by the buyer. I then took her to the resolution center to charge her for an additional revision. The fourth and FINAL delivery made on this order came at 21:31. This was the delivery which was accepted by the buyer but by no means was this my initial delivery for this order. As stated above, the initial delivery was made at 17:07 on 2/13/21. Please explain why this delivery made at 17:07 did not keep my order from being considered late. If you can not help me or give me an answer please put me in contact with someone who can.”

Nick is adamant that my initial delivery was made at 21:31, but that wasn’t my initial delivery for the order, it was my 4th delivery.

PhotoGrid_1616069449782.thumb.jpg.f81d859fa0d201eeca86c2b9fa283d0a.jpg
PhotoGrid_16160694497821080×1080 132 KB

And here’s a breakdown for those who are still confused.

Order placed at 20:09 on 2/11/21

Initial Delivery made at 17:07 2/13/21

Revision Request #1 made at 17:24

Redelivery #1 made at 17:54

(Then I saw that the buyer added additional notes for her revisions)

Redelivery #2 made at 18:14

Then she sent more notes after that and I stated that I would have to charge for additional revisions.

Sent an offer through the Resolution Center at 20:24. Set additional time needed to 0 days (probably what triggered the bug and made the whole order late.)

Resolution accepted by buyer at 20:50

Fiverr now warns me that the order is late.

Final delivery (Redelivery #3) made at 21:31

• Like 1

Omg that’s super madness!! But thanks so much for taking the time to explain it to me so I can avoid this very specific set of circumstances in the future! I feel validated to know someone else has experienced this unfairness… and thanks for sharing your work-around with me.

-----‐----------

Here’s my more recent correspondence with CS.

“Nick, I am providing screenshots again to show you how my initial delivery for order FO37DB892041 was not late. Please note how the order was placed on 20:09 2/11/21. My initial delivery was made at 17:07 on 2/13/21. Correct me if I’m wrong but 17:07 is 3 hours and 2 minutes before the deadline. You’ve stipulated that the initial delivery had to be made before the deadline to not be considered late. Yet during this order, I delivered before the deadline and re-delivered a few more times before the deadline based on revision requests by the buyer. I then took her to the resolution center to charge her for an additional revision. The fourth and FINAL delivery made on this order came at 21:31. This was the delivery which was accepted by the buyer but by no means was this my initial delivery for this order. As stated above, the initial delivery was made at 17:07 on 2/13/21. Please explain why this delivery made at 17:07 did not keep my order from being considered late. If you can not help me or give me an answer please put me in contact with someone who can.”

Nick is adamant that my initial delivery was made at 21:31, but that wasn’t my initial delivery for the order, it was my 4th delivery.

And here’s a breakdown for those who are still confused.

Order placed at 20:09 on 2/11/21

Initial Delivery made at 17:07 2/13/21

Revision Request #1 made at 17:24

Redelivery #1 made at 17:54

(Then I saw that the buyer added additional notes for her revisions)

Redelivery #2 made at 18:14

Then she sent more notes after that and I stated that I would have to charge for additional revisions.

Sent an offer through the Resolution Center at 20:24. Set additional time needed to 0 days (probably what triggered the bug and made the whole order late.)

Resolution accepted by buyer at 20:50

Fiverr now warns me that the order is late.

Final delivery (Redelivery #3) made at 21:31

Unfortunately, we also had a similar experience to yourself, in trying to argue the case to Fiverr Customer Support. I don’t know if they are unable to see the original delivery, or if they’ve been told to argue the case even if presented with screenshot evidence, because we also sent them screenshots, and were also told that we were wrong, and that we’d delivered late.

In the end, we dropped it. We get quite a lot of orders, and this was literally our only ‘late’ order in 4 years, so we just took the minor hit to our stats and moved on. Unfortunately, I’d suggest you do the same. Arguing with Support about stuff like this doesn’t usually go anywhere…

Your thread title says you got demoted because of this? Were you a Level 1 seller prior to this?

Unfortunately, we also had a similar experience to yourself, in trying to argue the case to Fiverr Customer Support. I don’t know if they are unable to see the original delivery, or if they’ve been told to argue the case even if presented with screenshot evidence, because we also sent them screenshots, and were also told that we were wrong, and that we’d delivered late.

In the end, we dropped it. We get quite a lot of orders, and this was literally our only ‘late’ order in 4 years, so we just took the minor hit to our stats and moved on. Unfortunately, I’d suggest you do the same. Arguing with Support about stuff like this doesn’t usually go anywhere…

Your thread title says you got demoted because of this? Were you a Level 1 seller prior to this?

Yes I was level one. One order I was actually late on, but it was a bigger project than anticipated and I realized I only quoted for 2 items when she was asking for 3. So I asked for additional days to turn in her materials, but I asked for the extension after the order was already marked late. So even though the delivery date was updated, the order was counted as late. That one I understood why it counted against me…

The order where I delivered and redelivered multiple times was counted as late (unfairly in my opinion) and resulted in my demotion from level 1

😦 guess I’ll just have to get back to level one after another evaluation period…

Yes I was level one. One order I was actually late on, but it was a bigger project than anticipated and I realized I only quoted for 2 items when she was asking for 3. So I asked for additional days to turn in her materials, but I asked for the extension after the order was already marked late. So even though the delivery date was updated, the order was counted as late. That one I understood why it counted against me…

The order where I delivered and redelivered multiple times was counted as late (unfairly in my opinion) and resulted in my demotion from level 1

😦 guess I’ll just have to get back to level one after another evaluation period…

I totally get it - it feels like a kick in the teeth, being ‘punished’ for something that isn’t your fault. At least now you know how to avoid it, should it happen again in the future.

guess I’ll just have to get back to level one after another evaluation period…

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll be back up there (and beyond) soon enough!

• Like 1