Can I get advice on my gig?

anweshapati

My gig: https://www.fiverr.com/share/xEbY4Q
I’ve got just 368 impressions and 15 clicks. Is my description enough or do I need to stretch it longer? and are my samples worth considering?

my seo title is: digital colour illustrations pop food quirky
my tags are: ILLUSTRATE DIGITAL PAINTING FOOD FOODILLUSTRATION DIGITAL ART

I apologize for the intrusion, I am a little lost. Thank you for your valuable time!

If you have any characters left in your SEO title, I would suggest adding ‘color’. (Interestingly, ‘colour’ has different search results.)

To confirm, the differences in your packages is figures, background, and/or details?

Your samples are rather disorganized.

Thank you for the seo suggestion!

Ah yes, the differences are just in level of detail required.

Should I organize the samples by colour or put all of them in a single image?

Organize by style/details. Show what counts as a basic/normal/premium gig.

Thank you! I’ll probably create a few more samples to add, since none of the current samples belong to normal or premium.

(…and um about the art…do you think its buyable? or I should put it off for now?)

I apologize for pestering you.

My opinion on your art… You sure? I’m going to be blunt…

I find you main image looks too much like layered clipart. The line width and line details don’t match and make it look sloppy. I like the minimalistic aspect of some of the samples, but this contrasts with the amount of fine detail in other samples. (Which is why they need to be laid out better.) This inconsistency makes you look amateur and unprofessional.

I’m well aware that my own samples have inconsistencies, but Fiverr isn’t my main focus. (And is loosing my interest.)

There are things I like and things I don’t. If I were looking for an artist I think I would:

Stop and look. Ponder a bit on how it is unique in its own way.

But I would move along a bit confused or unsure who or what you really are. While your Profile text is really clever (and part of me agrees), it leaves me more mystified than reassured that this could be the person I can trust to deliver what I need reliably.

Being an Artist for another is hard (it is what I do as a Mix Engineer and Composer). You can take the tack of I will be your puppet (which means it isn’t really art anymore) or I will build you a shared vision (a little bit you, a little bit me). I am on the latter side which means that if I do work with someone I need to feel the connection, understand what they are likely to do (not as my puppet but as an artist). That requires more of a window into them than a few images and cleverly vague words designed to obscure.

Another way, don’t hide.

🙂

@imagination7413 I hear you, I feel you. It seems like so much input for so little return.

@imagination7413 @benedictrm Both of your reviews have left me tongue-tied. I cannot thank you enough for this valuable insight.

Evidently, I have a lot of cleaning and dusting to do on my gig. The cobwebs have started to shoo away travellers and have left the natives terrified. Might I request you to come back next Monday to a spiffed up gig? I hope I can bait you with cookies.

@imagination7413 @benedictrm Both of your reviews have left me tongue-tied. I cannot thank you enough for this valuable insight.

Evidently, I have a lot of cleaning and dusting to do on my gig. The cobwebs have started to shoo away travellers and have left the natives terrified. Might I request you to come back next Monday to a spiffed up gig? I hope I can bait you with cookies.

Thanks Cookies get me anywhere.

😉

Archived