Should i include prices in gig video/photos?

logicat

Hi,
i’m creating the resources for my very first 2 gigs. I was wondering if including the package prices in the gig video and/or in the gig photos is advisable or not.
A good price may work as an effective hook in the video, leading the potential buyer to visit the gig page. But since different buyers use different currencies, i wonder if seeing a USD price in the video and a different price in the gig (€, pounds etc.) due to currency conversion, could lead to confusion. Thank you

I personally think this is not a good idea for several reasons.

1. Prices are already clearly displayed on each gig. There’s no need to repeat them.

2. Let your video sell your skills, not your price. Successful sellers focus on their talent.

3. As a new seller, I suspect you’re going to start off cheap. If successful, many new sellers then increase their prices a couple of times after receiving their first few positive feedback ratings / level increases. Your videos will then be out of date.

4. Following on from the above, it’s generally regarded as wise not to edit your gigs too often as it messes with where you are placed in the search results. If you need to edit your gig, then do - but not just for the sake of it.

5. Yes, there is the potential for currency conversion to show different prices. While it’s only likely to be out by a little - you don’t want any discrepancy to show on your profile.

EDIT: Correcting typo!

Hello,

I personally would not because if you need to update your pricing then you need to go through the hassle of updating your video/images. Your gig has a pricing section, use that 🙂

Thank you, this actually makes sense!

I personally think this is not a good idea for several reasons.

1. Prices are already clearly displayed on each gig. There’s no need to repeat them.

2. Let your video sell your skills, not your price. Successful sellers focus on their talent.

3. As a new seller, I suspect you’re going to start off cheap. If successful, many new sellers then increase their prices a couple of times after receiving their first few positive feedback ratings / level increases. Your videos will then be out of date.

4. Following on from the above, it’s generally regarded as wise not to edit your gigs too often as it messes with where you are placed in the search results. If you need to edit your gig, then do - but not just for the sake of it.

5. Yes, there is the potential for currency conversion to show different prices. While it’s only likely to be out by a little - you don’t want any discrepancy to show on your profile.

EDIT: Correcting typo!

Thank you for your thoughts (i think at 3 you meant “seller” 😉 ). Anyway i didn’t think a seller can actually raise his/her prices, i mean, i read many times on this forum that raising prices quickly leads to a reduced amount of orders, but maybe this is not the case if your offer is considered high value

Thank you for your thoughts (i think at 3 you meant “seller” 😉 ). Anyway i didn’t think a seller can actually raise his/her prices, i mean, i read many times on this forum that raising prices quickly leads to a reduced amount of orders, but maybe this is not the case if your offer is considered high value

Sorry, I did indeed mean seller - and I shall edit my post to avoid confusion.

You will find two schools of thoughts from sellers. One is sell cheap to attract buyers, the other is price your service fairly to attract serious buyers. As a new seller, I think it’s reasonable to pitch your service somewhere between the two.

The problem with selling cheap is that it attracts cheap buyers who are notorious for being trouble. The sort who don’t really know what they want, who will ask for endless revisions, etc - meaning you end up spending many hours ‘earning’ $4 for example. That’s not making a living. That’s a living hell.

Sorry, I did indeed mean seller - and I shall edit my post to avoid confusion.

You will find two schools of thoughts from sellers. One is sell cheap to attract buyers, the other is price your service fairly to attract serious buyers. As a new seller, I think it’s reasonable to pitch your service somewhere between the two.

The problem with selling cheap is that it attracts cheap buyers who are notorious for being trouble. The sort who don’t really know what they want, who will ask for endless revisions, etc - meaning you end up spending many hours ‘earning’ $4 for example. That’s not making a living. That’s a living hell.

I will take that into account. My cheapest package is 10 $ and honestly i can’t ask more for it right now, but should the gig have success, i will raise the price for sure (and the quality) to attract more serious buyers. Thank you for the tips!

I will take that into account. My cheapest package is 10 $ and honestly i can’t ask more for it right now, but should the gig have success, i will raise the price for sure (and the quality) to attract more serious buyers. Thank you for the tips!

One of the factors that can set you apart from others is price. Just bear in mind that not every buyer is driven by securing the cheapest price - serious buyers (the sort sellers want) are more bothered about getting a creative and high quality end result. So long as your pricing is fair (and by fair I mean not rock bottom cheap or too expensive as a new seller), then you stand a chance of differentiating yourself from the desperate sellers who claim to be skilled sellers.

One of the factors that can set you apart from others is price. Just bear in mind that not every buyer is driven by securing the cheapest price - serious buyers (the sort sellers want) are more bothered about getting a creative and high quality end result. So long as your pricing is fair (and by fair I mean not rock bottom cheap or too expensive as a new seller), then you stand a chance of differentiating yourself from the desperate sellers who claim to be skilled sellers.

Thank you for the suggestion, i will try to apply balanced prices to my offers then 🙂

Archived