Order Deliverd 10 Month Ago, Now Buyer asking for unused Revisions or Full Refund?

gajenn

10month ago I had delivered an order of $5000, Fiverr deducted its 20% fees and paid me $4000 after all due clearance time cleared. In parallel, I delivered all work, Code, Apps Code everything via the Fiverr platform under DELIVER ORDER Button.

Now After 10-month Buyer Filed a case on Fiverr and asking to fix the issue and problems - She wants to use the unused Revisions on the 10-month-old delivered Work + She owns the source code. I denied working without a new order. She Contacted me personally, Wrote a negative review on Google, Threatening me with negative marketing on social media.

Can anyone Advice what should I do?
I had worked for her a lot but can not work my whole life for $4000. Right.

Does your Gig offer “Unlimited Revisions” or “100% Money Back Guarantee” or “Satisfaction Guarantee”?

If so, you probably shot yourself in the foot.

GG

Took the words right out of my mouth. I wanted to say that if you have unlimited revisions, then Fiverr will require you to revise. It’s in your gig offer so… you have to do it.

Nope.

it says 5 Revisions.

You did the 5 revisions already?

If there are any leftover revisions, she can use them. It’s unfair that this customer asks for this MONTHS after the order was delivered, but she does have a point. She paid for the package and that included 5 revisions.

Does your Gig offer “Unlimited Revisions” or “100% Money Back Guarantee” or “Satisfaction Guarantee”?

GG

Nope 🙂

I have offered 5 Revisions only.

Her code & website is live for the last 10 months.

Now the client wants to use - Revisions. if it is mandatory to accept.

then Whats the point of slight_smile:

Delivery | Time Frame | Due Clearance Period | Source Code Handover.

You did the 5 revisions already?

If there are any leftover revisions, she can use them. It’s unfair that this customer asks for this MONTHS after the order was delivered, but she does have a point. She paid for the package and that included 5 revisions.

But might be she had changed code, added more features in existing code - As I had given source Code to her 10 month before in delivery package. How Can i work on that now.

Nope 🙂

I have offered 5 Revisions only.

Her code & website is live for the last 10 months.

Now the client wants to use - Revisions. if it is mandatory to accept.

then Whats the point of slight_smile:

Delivery | Time Frame | Due Clearance Period | Source Code Handover.

Ok, you said you offer 5 revisions. Did the client at that time (10 months ago) USE those revisions? If not, in the buyer’s mind, you still OWE them those 5 revisions.

I would be more worried about a charge back than I would some Google review or social media slandering!

GG

Ok, you said you offer 5 revisions. Did the client at that time (10 months ago) USE those revisions? If not, in the buyer’s mind, you still OWE them those 5 revisions.

I would be more worried about a charge back than I would some Google review or social media slandering!

GG

But might be she had changed code, added more features in existing code - As I had given source Code to her 10 month before in delivery package. How Can i work on that now.

Withdraw all amount and Better I will shutdown . I don’t want to work for her anymore.

Withdraw all amount and Better I will shutdown . I don’t want to work for her anymore.

But might be she had changed code, added more features in existing code -

Sounds like you are going on assumptions of what she has done? In the beginning when they first contacted you to do revisions, did you even ask what they needed? While I would not be keen on doing a revision 10 months later, if this buyer did not utilize the 5 revisions you offer, you have to look at it from their point of view - they think they are owed that. And, in some ways, they are.

I have no idea how code works or whatever it is you do, so I do not know “how you can work with that now”. That is your area of expertise to figure out if you want to help her out. I am not sure I would given she has gone off the rails and wrote something negative on Google.

If you do delete your account here, do not think you can just create a new one. You are only allowed ONE seller/buyer account with Fiverr.

GG

But might be she had changed code, added more features in existing code -

Sounds like you are going on assumptions of what she has done? In the beginning when they first contacted you to do revisions, did you even ask what they needed? While I would not be keen on doing a revision 10 months later, if this buyer did not utilize the 5 revisions you offer, you have to look at it from their point of view - they think they are owed that. And, in some ways, they are.

I have no idea how code works or whatever it is you do, so I do not know “how you can work with that now”. That is your area of expertise to figure out if you want to help her out. I am not sure I would given she has gone off the rails and wrote something negative on Google.

If you do delete your account here, do not think you can just create a new one. You are only allowed ONE seller/buyer account with Fiverr.

GG

Got it.

🙂

Thanks.

Ugh, that sucks but if you offered them it’s tricky to say no without them kicking off. Offer less revisions in future 🙂 Or put a note in FAQ’s stating how long after order completion you’re willing to accept revision requests for. Essentially she could come back in 10 years and ask, which is ridiculous, so I don’t really go for keeping it open ended.

Ugh, that sucks but if you offered them it’s tricky to say no without them kicking off. Offer less revisions in future 🙂 Or put a note in FAQ’s stating how long after order completion you’re willing to accept revision requests for. Essentially she could come back in 10 years and ask, which is ridiculous, so I don’t really go for keeping it open ended.

I was a new seller at that time 😦

But thanks - Will keep it in mind for future orders.

The replies here are getting me confused. Isn’t revision supposed to be on uncompleted orders? Once an order is marked as complete, the revisions can no longer be used, right? They can only be used before the order is completed.
Because it is insane that 10months after a job is done, the client wants revisions based on a previous order that has been completed

The replies here are getting me confused. Isn’t revision supposed to be on uncompleted orders? Once an order is marked as complete, the revisions can no longer be used, right? They can only be used before the order is completed.

Because it is insane that 10months after a job is done, the client wants revisions based on a previous order that has been completed

Yes revisions are for active orders not completed orders. In this case the client has had the code for 10 months and during this point it may have been changed multiple times and therefore not the original state that OP had delivered. If OP was to offer revisions now they would then take on work that could involve other issues that is not his responsibility. I would provide the list of evidence to customer support and seek their advice. You say she contacted you personally? As in outside of the platform? It is a TOS violation and may help your side of the case. Best way forward is contacting the support team.

Yes revisions are for active orders not completed orders. In this case the client has had the code for 10 months and during this point it may have been changed multiple times and therefore not the original state that OP had delivered. If OP was to offer revisions now they would then take on work that could involve other issues that is not his responsibility. I would provide the list of evidence to customer support and seek their advice. You say she contacted you personally? As in outside of the platform? It is a TOS violation and may help your side of the case. Best way forward is contacting the support team.

Thanks for advice and will follow you instructions

Thanks for advice and will follow you instructions

image.png.716fbd0dce09aa0f01a40d7b49834417.png
image939×274 39.4 KB

image.thumb.png.8c7061c4a44088cb404e33b814fa25c8.png
image1104×785 86.2 KB

Fiverr states revisions are possible and available until the order is marked complete.

• Keep in mind that revisions must be requested within three days of the delivery. Otherwise, the order will be automatically marked as “completed.”

You’ve completed a gig, but the buyer needs more revisions

You can now offer additional revisions to your buyer via the Resolution Center.

@gajenn It is too late now but you should have taken business approach to this one.

I would reply to her that the revisions included are only for the code you delivered and only until the time clients accept the delivery. If service was delivered and accepted, the revisions are no longer applicable. Regardless of the number of revisions included in the original price, they are only meant to be utilized to perfect the original order delivery. Once the delivery is accepted, each additional modification is charged extra.

And then ask her to send what she needs to be revised and you would send her a quote for that.

Good advice.thanks you

10 months is a ridiculously long period of time for a buyer to suddenly chime in and want additional work on an order. Personally, I’d tell the buyer to pound sand, but in a much more eloquently worded manner!

You are a freelancer, not a personal IT assistant for this buyer until the end of time.

I think I would edit your Gig details.

Either offer less revisions or state that there is a “reasonable” time limit to “collect” remaining revisions.

If you asked me, I would set that time limit to not longer than 30 days.

Once the final delivery is made, I would remind the Buyer that they would have 30 days to “claim” revisions and after that, they can’t.

Think of it in the terms of buying a product at a local storefront business.

Could you go back to the (as an example) electronics store 10-months later and request a refund or change in your order?

I think you would find that you may be lucky up to 30 days, but beyond that, you would end up with the electronics as is.

ALWAYS try to put yourself in the place of a business because freelancing is a business.

Run your Gigs like a business and you should be fine.

Archived