Out of Office Auto-Reply

Hey all,

I know a lot of you out there are terrified of using Out of Office in case it destroys your ranking but I use it often when I need a weekend off and holidays. I’m wondering if previous buyers receive an out of office notification if they send a seller a message at this time or if they’re only aware if they actually check the profile of the seller.

It would be really handy to have a clear auto-reply so they’re not expecting a response, which many of them do. Especially if they need a revision weeks later on a completed order.

I hope your post will benefit all sellers. Thanks for sharing.

This reply is not useful at all.

Hopefully, you are not under the impression that replying to posts on the forum here will somehow “rank” your Gig, get you sales or impressions/clicks.

Replying to a post with useful input or information is what you should focus on - not saying some nonsense that just fills space.

I have never used OOO, but, it would be nice if they did set up a thing where if someone messaged, they would get a reply still, but it would let them know you are gone for a few days. Heck, they have this on listings on Ebay where the seller is not available (on the listing) and that delivery may be delayed - so, why not here. I know on one site I do readings, there is an auto reply we can set up, so, it cannot be that difficult to program!

GG

This reply is not useful at all.

Hopefully, you are not under the impression that replying to posts on the forum here will somehow “rank” your Gig, get you sales or impressions/clicks.

Replying to a post with useful input or information is what you should focus on - not saying some nonsense that just fills space.

I have never used OOO, but, it would be nice if they did set up a thing where if someone messaged, they would get a reply still, but it would let them know you are gone for a few days. Heck, they have this on listings on Ebay where the seller is not available (on the listing) and that delivery may be delayed - so, why not here. I know on one site I do readings, there is an auto reply we can set up, so, it cannot be that difficult to program!

GG

Agreed, it must be easy enough to implement and would really do us a favour. I am one of those who find it difficult to not reply if I know there is a message there.

• 3 months later...

I am the same. But I am also aware that with the variety of chat apps these days there is also conditional logic questions that could be asked and or answered based on certain terms used, that would mean someone messaging me out of hours could find out what they need to know very quickly. OR I could find out while asleep what I need to know to begin to help them the next day. (Or quote them)

The biggest stress in my life is the gamification of senior Fiverr sellers mental health. I also can't not reply even if it's midnight. But often their query will be one of many already answered in my gig, but can easily be answered by an auto reply.

Instead I fear losing my reply response rate and wonder what impact that would have on my sales and our household income. Mortgage, bills etc.

It's a shame there wasn't more clarity around seller rankings and taking regular normal out of hours time off.

At some stage better sellers will leave the platform for their own sanity if Fiverr continues to do nothing about their best earner's wellbeing.

Someone will mock my reply and others will know exactly what I'm getting at. I just don't want to feel forced to work 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week because I fear the alternative is not being able to pay bills or earn.h

I could also do without having obnoxious first time users of the platform message you with a toxic attitude, Sunday morning while having breakfast with your family and it sours your day. Auto replies could temper that too.

What I'd give for a Fiverr seller happiness policy.

• 3 months later...

Archived