Reporting unethical buyer requests

I know that this has probably come up numerous times can we please have a way to report unethical buyer requests?

image.thumb.png.c6c4be64dcc3f5f79411acfa78e2a70a.png
image1251×123 15.2 KB

This is in the attachments to the buyer request:

image.thumb.png.a1149fa760ec5ad1dce9f7656d06f8e5.png
image1552×431 38.1 KB

Someone is trying to hire a freelancer to do their programming assignment. It’s against every university’s rules, it’s unethical and would you want the person you just hired as an engineer to not actually be capable of doing the job? What is worse is that there are six freelancers who KNOW that this is unethical and against university rules because it is cheating and have still bid for the job.

Is there any way I can report this and the buyer requests I keep seeing like this?

Here here.

It is horrifying the number of BR that break TOS but it seems the only way to report them is to waste a Credit, put yourself in-line for reprisals from the “buyer” seeing if you don’t make it clear that you will not do this job you may get a warning yourself so they will abuse or even stalk you in reprisal.

And then you can swing back around and report the conversation in hope that gets to the team who are supposed to deal with TOS violation.

School & University work, Free Demo work, Breaching Copyright, threats… All left untended with the best advice being, “oh just don’t bid on it”. All the while those jobs being allowed, it just encourages more jobs like that seeing “oh but I see other jobs like that…”.

Not saying “No” is tacit approval.

😦

I know that this has probably come up numerous times can we please have a way to report unethical buyer requests?

This is in the attachments to the buyer request:

Someone is trying to hire a freelancer to do their programming assignment. It’s against every university’s rules, it’s unethical and would you want the person you just hired as an engineer to not actually be capable of doing the job? What is worse is that there are six freelancers who KNOW that this is unethical and against university rules because it is cheating and have still bid for the job.

Is there any way I can report this and the buyer requests I keep seeing like this?

No there is not.

Also

What is worse is that there are six freelancers who KNOW that this is unethical and against university rules because it is cheating and have still bid for the job.

It is unethical but someone is going to get paid.

Not, if Fiverr system register this and probably will due to forum, or maybe not.

Cheating is wrong. But you have occasions where professors have no skills whatsoever to share the knowledge so students have no option but to look for assistance.

But it is up to students to decide whether to study the delivered explanation of provided homework or just blindly hand it in.

I work in the education system where unfortunately most of my colleges for the specific subjects have no idea about the subject, they just repeat what is in the books without understanding it. And students from another university come to me for an explanation of how to solve homework.

I do it but with different values.

I show them how to calculate the result, process and formulas, and then it is up to them to do the work.

Regarding reporting BR, yes and no. All people are not really capable of reading between the lines what is against TOS and what is not. So they might report anything.

Like “I want music piece done exclusively for me unique with full commercial and broadcasting rights, my budget is 5$”

There is nothing wrong with this BR. He says what he wants and his budget. It is up to every seller out there not to respond to him at all. But some might report it feeling his budget is too low.

I have seen so many ridiculous BR and ridiculous GIG services so they all deserve each other in one nice place called Fiverr.

I truly hate seeing jobs like this, because as someone who has been in the IT industry for over 25 years, it means you start to question the validity of qualifications of prospective new graduates you may be looking to hire.

Did they really do the assessments and achieve those marks, or did they get someone to do them for them? It often falls out during the interview phase, but you’ve wasted time, effort and money going through the process for someone who has misrepresented their capabilities and potentially prevented you from shortlisting someone who would have been a far better candidate.

I too have worked in and around the education system, and the student always has the choice to seek help elsewhere, but there is a very distinct line between getting assistance and cheating.

So the short answer is that there is no real way to report this. Unfortunately, this is what I had already thought.

There is a clear difference between hiring a Tutor to help you understand how the knee bone is connected to the brain bone, and getting someone to actually write your assignment about the intricacies of knee/brain connection. Or worse go do your practical exams for you.

In one instance the student ultimately does the work. In the other they never do the work so they can end up in an operating theater, designing a building or website with people’s private info… and make a mess of other people’s lives.

Not doing anything about that is akin to watching a man abuse a woman or child and decline to do anything because your ice cream might melt. That would not be an honorable decision. If that woman or child was hurt, scarred for life, that is on you as you helped the attacker. Further you help other people attack other women & children in your area because you made it ok. Someone has to be the Good Samaritan or no one will.

As for the difference between a stupidly presented job like 8 hours (of vaguely defined) work for $4 and one that clearly breaches the TOS that everyone said they read & understood, there is no parallel. I will, as you probably know, discuss stupidly (or more likely meanly) presented jobs to attempt to raise the standards of the place we live, but I don’t Report them.

I do however report things that are blatantly dishonorable and damaging to us all. Even tho some will abuse me for it and the owners themselves will probably turn that blind eye to avoid melted ice cream.

That is now on them, not on me.

🙂

Archived