Automatic Unlimited Revisions

amiteapen

I have a customer who requested 9+ revisions for elements that I took his approval before continuing. The best part is that I didn’t even offer revisions in my custom order. But for some reason, my clients can request unlimited revisions from me even though I don’t offer it in my order. This has happened multiple times. If I don’t deliver the modified work Fiverr will cancel it. Does anyone know why this happens?

I have a customer who requested 9+ revisions for elements that I took his approval before continuing. The best part is that I didn’t even offer revisions in my custom order. But for some reason, my clients can request unlimited revisions from me even though I don’t offer it in my order. This has happened multiple times. If I don’t deliver the modified work Fiverr will cancel it. Does anyone know why this happens?

my clients can request unlimited revisions from me even though I don’t offer it in my order.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? None of your gigs offer unlimited revisions so they can’t add them to an order. Are they asking you for revision after revision and you’re saying yes? If that’s the case, you just need to be tougher and not allow yourself to be pushed beyond the agreed scope of work out of fear of cancellations.

my clients can request unlimited revisions from me even though I don’t offer it in my order.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? None of your gigs offer unlimited revisions so they can’t add them to an order. Are they asking you for revision after revision and you’re saying yes? If that’s the case, you just need to be tougher and not allow yourself to be pushed beyond the agreed scope of work out of fear of cancellations.

I have 1 revision to one of my gigs and a person already asked for 5. So… the system offers unlimited revisions anyway, you just have to enforce that you only agree to 1. That’s what it seems anyway

I have 1 revision to one of my gigs and a person already asked for 5. So… the system offers unlimited revisions anyway, you just have to enforce that you only agree to 1. That’s what it seems anyway

Ah, I see. Yes, buyers can hit the revision request as many times as they like, of course. Yes, that’s when we need to be firm.

I dont offer revisions. But they can click the revision button( i assume i have never been a buyer). I am not given an option to decline their request. I just have to deliver it

2124061330_Screenshot2021-03-12153958.png.50117f359253e230795af49ee55a4b18.png
Screenshot 2021-03-12 153958867×566 31.6 KB

but wouldn’t that lead to bad reviews?

What would you prefer? To always work beyond what you offer out of fear of bad reviews?

You can think about offering at least one revision because they are often necessary. I assume the majority of sellers here offer at least one. You can also add a note to order requirements reminding buyers of your revision terms and point them to your FAQ’s. You can add a FAQ about revisions if you haven’t already.

What would you prefer? To always work beyond what you offer out of fear of bad reviews?

You can think about offering at least one revision because they are often necessary. I assume the majority of sellers here offer at least one. You can also add a note to order requirements reminding buyers of your revision terms and point them to your FAQ’s. You can add a FAQ about revisions if you haven’t already.

Perfect. I’ll add it to my order requirements. Thank you

So how do I reject their revisions? I don’t have an option to decline. I only have the deliver button.

So how do I reject their revisions? I don’t have an option to decline. I only have the deliver button.

I know and this is where we have to stand or ground as sellers. If you’ve got enough information as possible in your description, FAQ’s and order requirements, then a buyer has no right to kick back. Obviously, you wanr to deliver the revision. But tell them what the additional cost is and add it to the order as an extra.

As a side note to adding extras to orders, always add additional time even if you don’t need that much. I got stung recently by adding a small additional fee for a tiny revision but I didn’t add additional time and the order was marked as late even though the original file was delivered well on time. It took 2 months for my on time delivery to go back to 100% as CS wouldn’t reset it for me.

If you upload a completely unrelated file, the customer must mark it as the last revision and this will be a systemic problem. Unlimited revision may seem to prevent this. If you think a customer is abusing this, you can report themselves or show your authority at the beginning of the conversation.

Archived