Am I just not as talented as I think I am?

kellybostonart

Hey I’m new to Fiverr and I have not had very good luck with getting buyers so far. I’ve only ever gotten people lowballing me on my prices or asking for free work. I even had someone give me a drawing test only to ghost me right after I handed it in.
I’m desperate to start my freelance career.
Could you guys have a look at my gigs:
My Fiverr
and tell me if I am charging too much? Or maybe my animation/illustration work just sucks and I don’t realise?

Hey Kelly,

Your profile and work looks great! and it’s nice to see people charging what they are worth instead of rock bottom prices. It will just take some patience. There are many sellers here in each category but be confident. There are also plenty of buyers who are more than happy to pay what’s right for good work.

I’m sure the vast majority of sellers have been asked for free samples, test projects with the promise of future work, and work donations. “But we’re a charity…”, etc.

Keep your chin up and believe in your talents.

All the best!

" send me an email I am always open to working with you."

Suggest you replace the word “email” with “message” in your profile description.

Sharing off Fiverr contact details is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Check the competition in your category re pricing bearing in mind that levelled sellers usually charge more.

It takes time and effort to build your Fiverr business.

Check this out: New Sellers … Success Doesn’t Come To Those Who Wait!

Hey Kelly,

Your profile and work looks great! and it’s nice to see people charging what they are worth instead of rock bottom prices. It will just take some patience. There are many sellers here in each category but be confident. There are also plenty of buyers who are more than happy to pay what’s right for good work.

I’m sure the vast majority of sellers have been asked for free samples, test projects with the promise of future work, and work donations. “But we’re a charity…”, etc.

Keep your chin up and believe in your talents.

All the best!

This was a huge confidence booster to read, thank you for your comment.

I will try staying positive, be more patient, and keep at it!

All the best to you as well 😊

" send me an email I am always open to working with you."

Suggest you replace the word “email” with “message” in your profile description.

Sharing off Fiverr contact details is against the Terms of Service at the bottom of the Fiverr main page.

Check the competition in your category re pricing bearing in mind that levelled sellers usually charge more.

It takes time and effort to build your Fiverr business.

Check this out: New Sellers … Success Doesn’t Come To Those Who Wait!

This is good to know thank you, I just changed it!

I have been trying to use competitive prices that still match my skill level and education. I will keep trying to get my work out there nonetheless and maybe it will come through eventually.

Hi. First, don’t be discouraged, Fiverr is a big world and so is a big competition.

About the price, sometimes beginners lower the price to get the first reviews, you can do the same or wait for the client who will appreciate your work, continually improve your skills.

About animation, this is a girl on the street in your gig, this is a very strange animation, maybe trying to change it. You can also modify the portfolio video to show more traditional techniques: squash and stretch, arcs, straight ahead, etc.

Good luck.

Hi. First, don’t be discouraged, Fiverr is a big world and so is a big competition.

About the price, sometimes beginners lower the price to get the first reviews, you can do the same or wait for the client who will appreciate your work, continually improve your skills.

About animation, this is a girl on the street in your gig, this is a very strange animation, maybe trying to change it. You can also modify the portfolio video to show more traditional techniques: squash and stretch, arcs, straight ahead, etc.

Good luck.

Thank you for the encouragement. 🙂

Could you be more specific about my work looking “strange”?

I am having trouble understanding what makes it seem that way.

Maybe a general audience is less interested in that style, do you think this example is better: Grow Buddy Pitch on Vimeo

Thank you for the encouragement. 🙂

Maybe a general audience is less interested in that style, do you think this example is better: Grow Buddy Pitch on Vimeo

The animation is twitching, not enough movement. I do not understand what exactly she is trying to do. I think you were trying to combine the music and the background.

Yes, in the example more popular style.

The animation is twitching, not enough movement. I do not understand what exactly she is trying to do. I think you were trying to combine the music and the background.

Yes, in the example more popular style.

Yes the animation was to fit the music, it was a glitching world and the character is noticing it glitch around herself while in beat with the music.

I agree with you about changing it, I will switch my video out for the more simple to understand video thank you for your suggestion. 👍

Archived