Warning should be reset to zero after a year passes

This is a cool suggestion! I do like the idea of warnings expiring after some period of time, especially if it’s possible that they affect a seller’s ability to be promoted and/or offered special programs later in their Fiverr career (and long after they’ve learned from their mistakes).

As far as I know warnings do tend to go away after a while, at least some of them.

With that being said… having the warnings reset means people are encouraged to break the rules, since it resets anyway. Sure, we all make mistakes, that’s why that first warning has no consequences. But once you know the Fiverr TOS and you still break the rules…

Yes, we do make mistakes, but we should not keep making the same mistakes or it says bad things about us. This is why commonly the world works on a Three Strikes policy for lesser offences - to allow for the odd issue.

If you are the Seller, you have to understand that you are always the one responsible. It is the same as being a sea Captain, everything that happens on that ship is your responsibility, even if you didn’t do it yourself. If the cabin boy sticks his head in a shark, it is the Captain’s fault for not impressing upon that boy that sharks are not toys.

So… If a customer does something silly like sends you their email address and you do nothing, it is your fault. You can a) report and block them, or b) say No, that is against TOS and I value my standing here at Fiverr so please no more of that funny business.

🙂

I also have a suggestion

Warnings should be 3 in a year or 2 in a year

When a year passes it should be reset to zero.

Because we are humans we do some little mistakes.

Mostly cases we are not guilty enough and got warning because we are seller.

Warnings should be 3 in a year or 2 in a year

When a year passes it should be reset to zero.

I don’t like this idea.

It’s like saying “let us shoplift things from the store 3 times a year but reset it to zero after that so next year we could also steal something else with no consequences”.

I’ve been here for years and I didn’t break any rules in all this years.

All you need to do is to read fiverr TOS because not knowing the rules and “we all human make mistakes” is not taking away the responsibility from you.

Not knowing the rules is not an excuse for not being punished.

3 warning is enough mistakes to change your behaviour

I disagree. The rules for being a Fiverr seller / buyer are very clear.

Warnings are only issued for breaches of the Terms of Service, which we agreed we read and understood when we created our accounts.

If people fail to read the terms of service, or don’t understand the TOS because of language difficulties, or deliberately choose to ignore the TOS - then that is their fault. And in every case, it makes the individual a risk to anyone they deal with on Fiverr.

The TOS exist to give protection to other buyers and sellers, so if a person breaches the rules through stupidity, lack of skills or maliciously - then they should be penalised.

I have seen so many posts on the forum from people moaning about how their account has been suspended because of warnings - it is so clear that these people have zero understanding of the TOS. So the best thing is to get rid of them - not give them multiple chances. People are already allowed three mistakes before being struck off. This is not restorative justice - this is a business platform.

Archived