Tips on selling your gigs and getting orders #new freelancer

abigael_a

Hello Everyone,
I am new here on Fiver, a data analyst expert from Kenya. I have with 4 years experience in data cleaning,visualization and analysis using different tools such as R/SPSS/EXCEL/STATA.
I joined fiver last month thinking it could be my source of income since am currently unemployed. I watched YouTube tutorials about fiver then created 2 gigs but so far I have not gotten any order. Kindly,share with me the tips that can be used to get the first sale. Thank you .

regards ,
Abigael.

Welcome Fiverr, You need to market yourself! You need to be online 24/7. My advise, look at buyer request every 30 minutes and bid for any work you can. There are unfortunately a huge amount of people offering this service. Do a little research, go to the seller section and see how the other sellers have made their gigs, also see if there is a niche where you can do something others don’t do.

Welcome Fiverr, You need to market yourself! You need to be online 24/7. My advise, look at buyer request every 30 minutes and bid for any work you can. There are unfortunately a huge amount of people offering this service. Do a little research, go to the seller section and see how the other sellers have made their gigs, also see if there is a niche where you can do something others don’t do.

I will definitely do that. Thank you for your quick response.

Here are a few tips:

1. Promote your Gigs on social media to reel the buyers in! Do so by clicking on My sales >> My Gigs, on the Gig you would like to promote, you will find on the right side a drop-down menu with the option “Share”.

2. Get in touch with buyers in the Buyer’s Request section, as this is a goldmine that helps sellers to get in touch with potential buyers. You can contact a buyer in this section and create a Gig around the service they’re requesting which will help draw more attention to your account and Gigs on Fiverr.

3. We encourage you to participate in the Fiverr Forum. Our more seasoned sellers are happy to share their tips and tricks with everyone there: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers

4. You can give our new Fiverr “Learn” feature a try, to expand your skills and to stand out in our marketplace. For more information, click here https://learn.fiverr.com/

I hope this helps.

Here are a few tips:

1. Promote your Gigs on social media to reel the buyers in! Do so by clicking on My sales >> My Gigs, on the Gig you would like to promote, you will find on the right side a drop-down menu with the option “Share”.

2. Get in touch with buyers in the Buyer’s Request section, as this is a goldmine that helps sellers to get in touch with potential buyers. You can contact a buyer in this section and create a Gig around the service they’re requesting which will help draw more attention to your account and Gigs on Fiverr.

3. We encourage you to participate in the Fiverr Forum. Our more seasoned sellers are happy to share their tips and tricks with everyone there: https://forum.fiverr.com/c/Fiverr-Tips/tips-for-sellers

4. You can give our new Fiverr “Learn” feature a try, to expand your skills and to stand out in our marketplace. For more information, click here https://learn.fiverr.com/

I hope this helps.

It does really help. Will follow on your tips . Thank you for you insightful tips.

Here are a few tips:

I hope this helps.

Thank you. It will very helpful

You need to be online 24/7. My advise, look at buyer request every 30 minutes and bid for any work you can.

Ehh. These particular “tips” are so pervasive throughout the forum and the web, if I had a dime every time someone mentioned “24/7” or sending “10 buyer requests”, I’d never have to work another day!

You need to market yourself! You need to be online 24/7. My advise, look at buyer request every 30 minutes and bid for any work you can.

@lloydsolutions How interesting this sounds ;D

But, to be real, even though it sounds like madness if they are in oversaturated categories and want to get sales, sleep deprivation and gluing to the screen and F5 to get orders is the “only” choice.

You need to be online 24/7.

This is a Fiverr myth!

People keep repeating the same wrong advice - and newbies are deceived by it. Here’s my take on it - share if you feel so inclined:

Which can result in this :

Today i got tos violation message which i am pretty surprised about i think i got this because of i use a auto refresher do anyone got an warning because of using auto refresher???

Check out: New Sellers … The True Way to Success!

I agree with everything you said above except the 24/7 thing which is being spread all over the forum by new sellers.

You need to market yourself! You need to be online 24/7. My advise, look at buyer request every 30 minutes and bid for any work you can.

But, to be real, even though it sounds like madness if they are in oversaturated categories and want to get sales, sleep deprivation and gluing to the screen and F5 to get orders is the “only” choice.

if they are in oversaturated categories and want to get sales, sleep deprivation and gluing to the screen and F5 to get orders is the “only” choice.

If they have just “thrown together” any old gig which is full of mistakes they can do the above forever.

Still, nobody will buy!

Lets be real, I am exaggerating! I mean in working hours. But that is what got me going. So I know this advice is good.

Archived