Music & Audio Forum Contest 🎧

fvrrmusic

Hello everyone, this is my entry for the contest. You can check my entry via this link: Stranger - Fiverr Contest Entry (By MigaraJAY) by EMJAX Beats | Free Listening on SoundCloud

About the track:

This is a Trap remix created using the sample provided. I am using fl studio as my DAW. To create this track I took about roughly 4 hours. So, there might be mistakes. Let me know if you see any mistakes. I am glad to hear them. Thank you in advance!

Your entry is great, but it has to be 2 minutes long or less. You could make it fade out slowly starting from 1:45 or maybe cut the intro part down.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your entry is great, but it has to be 2 minutes long or less. You could make it fade out slowly starting from 1:45 or maybe cut the intro part down.

Hello, thank you very much for the feedback. Yes, I think that should be shorter than this! But I wasn’t aware of that fact until you inform me.

Hello sound makers,

Here is my entry. In an ambient style. Made with an Akai Force sampler using only the supplied sample.

Time stretch, pitch shift, delay, reverb, filter. Recorded live while drinking my coffee this morning.

😋

This is just great… :rofl: I’ve listened to this like 30 times… It’s like walking through Hyrule on a ten-strip…

Here’s my entry inspired variously by K-pop, chiptune, 8-bit videogame music and EDM xD

Not my usual genre, but I’ve been listening to a lot of old videogame soundtracks lately and this simple vocal lent itself well to it. The melody she sings is so simple it forces you to get creative with the harmonization to keep things interesting. Also used melodyne to alter some of the notes she sings in the B part to achieve a key-change of sorts. Fun!

Made in Presonus Studio One: VST used are Omnisphere, Chipsounds, and NI Massive.

Here’s my entry inspired variously by K-pop, chiptune, 8-bit videogame music and EDM xD

Not my usual genre, but I’ve been listening to a lot of old videogame soundtracks lately and this simple vocal lent itself well to it. The melody she sings is so simple it forces you to get creative with the harmonization to keep things interesting. Also used melodyne to alter some of the notes she sings in the B part to achieve a key-change of sorts. Fun!

Made in Presonus Studio One: VST used are Omnisphere, Chipsounds, and NI Massive.

Like this! Reminds me of a few anime themes too 😃

Guest discobot

@discobot will you upload a music or something? 😜

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Hi All

As is common with me, I seem to be the first entry posted.

The track is named “Happy Birthday Sheila”. This is in reference to the amazing Sheila Chandra, the Indian singer who had a hit song “Ever So Lonely” with Monsoon then went solo with “Roots & Wings” which almost defined what would become World Music. To check spelling I Googled and presto it is nearly Sheila’s birthday so that settled the title.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6z4kfrbrpc03mb/Happy%20Birthday%20Sheila%20-%20Fiverr%20Audio%20Comp%20-%20BenedictRM.wav?dl=0

If that is not playing (doesn’t for me) here is a video (unlisted)

Production Notes:

This is a morning’s work. DAW used is Reason 11 using Neptune, Grain & Europa. The bus Reverb is my own Rev-T1.

Everything you hear in this piece is from the vocal sample supplied. The only exception being the drum loops which are just too hard to do any other way if you are not an experienced percussionist. I considered making all my own sounds but in the end, the samples help “ground” the work.

The big unusual thing for me is the use of a Vocal Tuning Plugin (Neptune). I normally treat these things with loathing but in this case, it let me do things that would not be possible without more vocal takes.

It is perhaps odd being a musician who pays tribute to another whilst using the voice of a third person. but such is life and I assume that Elsasollesvik will be honored by this anyway.

Working through the track:

The vocal sample plays cleanly. Then it repeats in Rounds. Each instance of the round has different processing to bring out other qualities. The third instance is shifted an octave which results n the “flute” riff which I sometimes repitch for variety.

The Vocal Percussions are built using slices of the whole sample. One in a granular synth (Grain), the other in a wavetable synth (Europa).

The Bass Pad is a granular synth using the first note. the (loosely named) Oboe and String are both using a slice of the sample as a wavetable.

The main vocal is then backed again with four instances of the tuning plugin to create a three-part harmony. The main vocal is pulled back in the mix and the tuning plugin is used to 'lock" to one pitch initially the Root Note then harmonics. This is deliberately not very obvious but allows for more harmonic variation seeing the core of the track is literally repeating the same loop which becomes static.

The final “burbling” effect is the whole sample through a granular synth playing the melody extracted to MIDI from the audio sample - with filtering and lots of delay & reverb.

Thanks to Elsasollesvik & Fiverr for the sample and the opportunity to do this.

🙂

Theremin play… only instrument I have available. I just played a sample on loop and played Theramin for the first time in 5 years. 😃

hqdefault.jpg.839ca0788af2cf1b2d491c0add9fc015.jpg

Music is not my category but since there is only a couple of submissions I could win 😃

Theremin play… only instrument I have available. I just played a sample on loop and played Theramin for the first time in 5 years. 😃

😂“once upon a time on Fiverr” 👍

Well, at least now real music mixers can put their work and mine side by side and say “This is mixing you get for 5$”

😃

Maybe I should create GIG - I will play theremin for 1 hour straight for 30$

Yes you can make this Gig, you will always be on the first page, there are less than 10 results on the keyword “theremin”. But is there demand? 😁

Well, at least now real music mixers can put their work and mine side by side and say “This is mixing you get for 5$”

😃

Maybe I should create GIG - I will play theremin for 1 hour straight for 30$

Theremin is really cool! tbh you may have at least one order from me someday since i always wanted theremin on a song 😉

Welcome to the forum, Rémon.

I enjoyed your track. I’m really into modern takes on 80s music. Thanks for sharing it.

Thank you! Happy to read you enjoyed the track. Synth sounds from the 80s can have such a warm quality to them. I really love those modern 80s track as well that are released these days 😃

I’ve had a lot of fun listening to everyone’s entries the past couple of days and I finally managed to get some time to sit down and work on my entry!

I didn’t really have any direction when I started this track but after listening to the sample a couple of times it started to remind me of XXXTentacion’s work on his album “17”, I’d reference the whole album since I think it’s a great listening experience from start to finish.

Step 1: Vocal Chops Pt. 1

I started out by changing the key to D minor, brought it down an octave and I also sped it up to around 110 BPM. I dragged the sample into SliceX (I’m using FL Studio 20).

image.thumb.png.4ee68b2f2f59a0bba192bef3946cafc4.png
image965×862 217 KB
Step 2: Very soothing chords

I did the chord progression on my Squier Strat that really needs some new strings, I thiiiink it’s iv7-VII-i7-i7. Didn’t record an amp, just straight through a DI, that way I get a bit more freedom with shaping the tone.

image.thumb.jpg.8fbcfe7da3787937e482a60fef867973.jpg
image973×893 296 KB

Waves plugins are a godsend.Step 3: Chill drums and 808s

Wanted to keep the drums relaxed for this one and have a really nice bass following the kick.

image.thumb.png.5a5809fcfac0118fe101fbedbbaeb1d7.png
image1180×840 86 KB
Step 4: Syyynnthhhh

I used my Yamaha Reface CS for this because, why not? It’s virtual analog but can make some really nice sounds, with a bit of editing in post of course and I used Arturia’s replica of the Juno 6 chorus to spice it up.

image.jpg.4cedea5b7243f8e06b568769a71c4d24.jpg
image837×607 112 KB

I’ll be honest, I’ve never even been in the same room as a JUNO-6 but I love this chorus.Step 5: Vocal Chops Pt. 2

Mooooore vocal chops! But this time without SliceX and without having them pitched down an octave. Also messed around with the drums a little for variation.

image.png.0bde2540f5d837c1b608e16020fd8e6b.png
image955×264 30.8 KB
Step 6: Kind of Vocal Chops, Maybe Pt. 3(?)

I wanted to make a lead out of a part of the vocal, but I kind of ended up making a pluck/bell and I also only ended up using it in the outro of track. I dragged the sample into Edison, found the part I wanted, dragged THAT into the Sampler, looped a small part of it, meddled with the AEG and then made a complete mess of it in the mixer. TW: Mixing engineers look away now.

image.png.c14931779de613297a26133055b8ab2d.png

Mixer channel.

image.thumb.jpg.9d26bdaa98d38bd9095a0134e3d64c3c.jpg
image1164×559 134 KB

Epic samplerStep 7: Arranging and mixing

Did a bit of automation for the intro into the main part of the track and that cool drum variation stuff I did in the middle haha. As for the mix, again, engineers look away.

image.thumb.png.8eb688720ab7b7b31592681b81d60059.png
image1008×759 86.5 KB

Amazing arranging.

image.thumb.jpg.8c175b36ac4b909568c4fcb490c4b903.jpg
image1320×824 225 KB

The best mixing.

7 steps are probably a bit much or not enough, I’m not sure, all I know is my main focus was to have fun with it and I love how the track turned out, thank you for this contest! There’s still about a week to go, should be interesting to see what others create until the deadline.

Irrelevant fun fact but the “cover art” is an actual picture of my home set-up, edited in GIMP.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.bf6c6c1acb20e363fca8b835b421de3c.jpg

Archived