On-time delivery rate

ramesh_samane

The on-time delivery rate gets drastically reduced if you miss the deadline even by a few minutes.

In my case, I was at 100% and I got one of my deliveries missed by just 15 minutes, and my rating was lowered to 83%.

After that, I delivered one order within a deadline and the rating increased to 86%.

In short, when you miss the deadline even by a few minutes, you are heavily penalized and it takes considerable effort to reach 100% again.

This happens to “Response time” as well.

It’s really tough to maintain the ratings and rank.

The on-time delivery rate gets drastically reduced if you miss the deadline even by a few minutes.

In my case, I was at 100% and I got one of my deliveries missed by just 15 minutes, and my rating was lowered to 83%.

After that, I delivered one order within a deadline and the rating increased to 86%.

In short, when you miss the deadline even by a few minutes, you are heavily penalized and it takes considerable effort to reach 100% again.

It’s really tough to maintain the ratings and rank

Response time and delivery on time are the easiest ratios to maintain. You can totally control replying on time to your clients and not delivering late.

If you delivered even just a couple of minutes late then maybe you should recoil at your time management or to rethink your delivery times.

Fiverr gives sellers 24 hours to reply before their Response RATE is affected. However, your response time is in hours and shows on your profile so that buyers know how long they may have to wait to get a reply from you. I see your Response TIME is one hour, so you are doing well there.

As for on-time delivery, either a seller is on time, or they are not. The amount of time a seller is late does not matter.

completely normal … you have to deliver always in the specified time frame

completely normal too … 24 hours is more than enough to respond

Well, I don’t want to beg my buyers for a little more time when I am going to late delivering by a few minutes although they won’t hesitate to do so (give me an extension).

I respect Fiverr algorithm, and it’s perfectly alright for me to suffer my rating.

I have posted this just to check how may of you are in the same boat. I appreciate your replies.

Well, I don’t want to beg my buyers for a little more time when I am going to late delivering by a few minutes although they won’t hesitate to do so (give me an extension).

I respect Fiverr algorithm, and it’s perfectly alright for me to suffer my rating.

I have posted this just to check how may of you are in the same boat. I appreciate your replies.

I don’t want to beg my buyers for a little more time

I don’t see any problem with extension request. It’s one minute late or a day doesn’t matter. Fiverr will count it as late delivery. Sale will drastically fall down.

So if I request for extension, it doesn’t cost me anything but save my stat.

Fiverr gives sellers 24 hours to reply before their Response RATE is affected. However, your response time is in hours and shows on your profile so that buyers know how long they may have to wait to get a reply from you. I see your Response TIME is one hour, so you are doing well there.

As for on-time delivery, either a seller is on time, or they are not. The amount of time a seller is late does not matter.

I understand, the amount of delay doesn’t matter but my concern is huge reduction in the on-time delivery percentage once you miss the deadline, and then very small increase again when you deliver it on-time the next time.

The algorithm is not like, if you miss once and make it the next time, you’re back to 100%. It takes several on-time deliveries to get back to 100% again.

I am not complaining here but just telling my observation.

The reason it can fall so drastically is because they are only taking into consideration the last 60 days of orders/messages etc.

And you were complaining:

Delivering on time and replying to messages within 24 hours are two of the easiest metrics to keep green here.

Do not be surprised if your on time delivery falls again - due to them only taking the last 60 days worth of orders into consideration.

GG

Response Time, I agree. That’s a tough thing to maintain because when I working, I dont usually check Fiverr. So that will suffer for sure.

However, delivery time, I have to side with Fiverr on this one. That is, under your control. I understand the freelancing game. There will be days you are sitting and swatting flies. Then, there are days when every buyer in the world wants to give you work on the exact same day with the exact same deadline.

My personal rule is, I don’t take more than 2 to 3 clients at once. and I always tell them, 2 hours of work per day, and no delivery before 48 hours.

Some clients will push you, but ultimately, you just need to figure out how to manage the stuff. If a client is pushy, best to let that order and client go than letting your delivery percentage fall.

Response Time, I agree. That’s a tough thing to maintain because when I working, I dont usually check Fiverr. So that will suffer for sure.

However, delivery time, I have to side with Fiverr on this one. That is, under your control. I understand the freelancing game. There will be days you are sitting and swatting flies. Then, there are days when every buyer in the world wants to give you work on the exact same day with the exact same deadline.

My personal rule is, I don’t take more than 2 to 3 clients at once. and I always tell them, 2 hours of work per day, and no delivery before 48 hours.

Some clients will push you, but ultimately, you just need to figure out how to manage the stuff. If a client is pushy, best to let that order and client go than letting your delivery percentage fall.

Even when I was working I kept it to an hour, because Fiverr gives sellers 24 hours to respond. If you only check in once a day that is enough. @english_voice says he only checks in once a day for 30 minutes.

Even when I was working I kept it to an hour, because Fiverr gives sellers 24 hours to respond. If you only check in once a day that is enough. @english_voice says he only checks in once a day for 30 minutes.

I am glad that the response time is generous. I cannot imagine being able to respond instantly.

I usually wait for the email notification to arrive. Whenever I check email ( a few times every few hours on work days), I respond. Otherwise, I let it slide. As a principle, I dont like to work with clients who are in a hurry.

Just does not gel well with my style of working.

@english_voice says he only checks in once a day for 30 minutes.

He does say that lol. And that’s a very generous estimate on my part.

I literally only login to Fiverr to respond to messages and to deliver orders.

I use the mobile app to alert me to messages, and the site to deliver.

I’m approaching around 800 orders so I must be doing something right.

To those who think you have to be online 24/7 - I say utter nonsense.

If I’m awake and not busy, then I’ll respond to any message - but I don’t race.

If a message arrives the moment I go to bed and I don’t see it for 8 hours - I’m not bothered.

The reason it can fall so drastically is because they are only taking into consideration the last 60 days of orders/messages etc.

And you were complaining:

Delivering on time and replying to messages within 24 hours are two of the easiest metrics to keep green here.

Do not be surprised if your on time delivery falls again - due to them only taking the last 60 days worth of orders into consideration.

GG

I think you make sense. If you are getting a plenty of orders per month then it’s very easy for you to get back to 100% provided you deliver the new orders on time.

The thing is that if you have 4 orders and one of them is late then you have a 75% on time delivery. If your next delivery is on time it wont shoot back up it would go to 80%. You just need to get more orders and deliver them on time to get a better percent.

(Also I don’t know if the math is right, I just did it quick as sort of an example)

The thing is that if you have 4 orders and one of them is late then you have a 75% on time delivery. If your next delivery is on time it wont shoot back up it would go to 80%. You just need to get more orders and deliver them on time to get a better percent.

(Also I don’t know if the math is right, I just did it quick as sort of an example)

Thanks for explaining.

Archived