Tips for new sellers part 3....Give amazing customer service!

rosebarlow

Welcome to all new sellers! Fiverr is an amazing place and I wish you great success here!

I thought I would start writing posts to try and help all those enthusiastic new sellers who just want to know how they can be successful. Here is my third post. So, a little about myself…
I started my life on Fiverr back in August 2014. I wasn’t sure whether I could be successful, but I was itching to give things a go. I’m not one of those sellers who has managed to buy a house or a car with the proceeds from my sales on Fiverr (more’s the pity) but I have been successful and have made a few thousand dollars on the platform. I provide proofreading, editing and writing services on Fiverr. I love working on Fiverr, and I get the best feeling from making my customers happy. So on that note….

My third tip is….

Give amazing customer service!

We all know that it can be difficult to get you first sale on Fiverr, but it will happen. When it does, a sure-fire way to build your customer base is to make sure you give great customer service. It will keep your customers happy, and believe it or not, the great feeling you get from providing great service will make you want to keep on doing it!
Put yourself in your customers’ position. What do you think they are looking for? What are they hoping for when they are choosing a gig provider? Top of their list will be great customer service. So what do you need to do to give great customer service?
Enquiry stage: First of all, great customer service starts from the moment you have any communication with prospective customers. When replying to an enquiry be sure to be clear, be polite, be positive and enthusiastic. Ask relevant questions so that you can understand their project. Let the customer know that you will be doing your best to give them a great experience and that you will work with them until they are happy with the results.
Order starts: Once the order arrives, reply punctually to let the buyer know that you have received the order and will be working on it soon.
Working on the order: Once you have started working on the order, check in with the customer regularly to update them on progress.
Order delivery: When you deliver the order, make sure to let the customer know that you are happy to help with any problems they have with the order. It’s easy to deliver the order and then just forget about it, but don’t do this! You are not a mind reader, so it is possible that you misunderstood a requirement, or the customer was not clear enough. This means you should give customers the chance to come back to you with any queries or problems they may have with the order. Believe me, it’s in both the buyer’s and your interest to do this. This makes for happy, satisfied customers and leads to great reviews!
Reviews: Be positive about the experience you have had with your buyer. Give your buyer that great feeling of getting a good review too! When your buyer review arrives, be gracious! If the buyer has praised your work, say thank you and let them know you would love to work with them again.

I hope that was helpful! Have a great day! 😊

• 3 months later...

Welcome if you are new to Fiverr. I thought that new sellers might like to see my posts with advice for sellers. Links below!

Welcome to all new sellers! Fiverr is an amazing place and I wish you great success here! I thought I would start writing posts to try and help all those enthusiastic new sellers who just want to know how they can be successful. So here is my first post. So, a little about myself… I started my life on fiverr back in August 2014. I wasn’t sure whether I could be successful, but I was itching to give things a go. I’m not one of those sellers who has managed to buy a house or a car with the proce…
Welcome to all new sellers! Fiverr is an amazing place and I wish you great success here! I thought I would start writing posts to try and help all those enthusiastic new sellers who just want to know how they can be successful. Here is my second post. So, a little about myself… I started my life on fiverr back in August 2014. I wasn’t sure whether I could be successful, but I was itching to give things a go. I’m not one of those sellers who has managed to buy a house or a car with the proceed…
Welcome to all new sellers! Fiverr is an amazing place and I wish you great success here! I thought I would start writing posts to try and help all those enthusiastic new sellers who just want to know how they can be successful. Here is my third post. So, a little about myself… I started my life on Fiverr back in August 2014. I wasn’t sure whether I could be successful, but I was itching to give things a go. I’m not one of those sellers who has managed to buy a house or a car with the proceeds…

Hello Rose! Very glad to know that you’ve aimed to help new Fiverr sellers. My name’s Kholmurod, and I am a new seller on Fiverr. I really need help, as my gigs haven’t been sold for almost 5 days now, and I have doubt that I’ve done something wrong, but I can’t figure out what exactly. I would highly appreciate if I could get any help. Thank you!

On 2/22/2021 at 8:12 AM, kholmurod96 said:

Hello Rose! Very glad to know that you’ve aimed to help new Fiverr sellers. My name’s Kholmurod, and I am a new seller on Fiverr. I really need help, as my gigs haven’t been sold for almost 5 days now, and I have doubt that I’ve done something wrong, but I can’t figure out what exactly. I would highly appreciate if I could get any help. Thank you!

Hey, welcome to Fiverr. It’s not easy to get your first order on Fiverr especially that there are many people selling on the platform. You will have to stand out so you’d be chosen. For sellers starting on the platform, I encourage you to actively promote your gigs or you can make offers in the buyers requests section. That’s usually where new sellers get their first orders.

Also for your gig, you should reconsider using another platform for your portfolio as I think that URL is not allowed, it may potentially get your gig denied.

You can find the list of approved URLs for gig description here (just scroll down when you open the link):

Fiverr Help and Education Center

You’re welcome! I’ll take a look. 🙂

On 2/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, rosebarlow said:

You’re welcome! I’ll take a look. 🙂

On 2/22/2021 at 9:43 AM, theratypist said:

Hey, welcome to Fiverr. It’s not easy to get your first order on Fiverr especially that there are many people selling on the platform. You will have to stand out so you’d be chosen. For sellers starting on the platform, I encourage you to actively promote your gigs or you can make offers in the buyers requests section. That’s usually where new sellers get their first orders.

Also for your gig, you should reconsider using another platform for your portfolio as I think that URL is not allowed, it may potentially get your gig denied.

You can find the list of approved URLs for gig description here (just scroll down when you open the link):

Thank you very much! I appreciate your help. Can I share a project with other fiverr freelancer for free just to get some reviews?

Can I share a project with other fiverr freelancer for free just to get some reviews?

The only way you get reviews is if someone actually pays for your gig regardless who they are, you cannot give a gig for free and get a review.

I suggest instead that you make a competitive offer in the buyers request section. That’s usually where new sellers get their first buyers.

Um…

Making posts for the Tips categories: In most cases seller tips should be posted by leveled sellers with significant experience and understanding of the Forum Rules and Terms of Service. Tips should not be just copies or quick re-writes of off-Fiverr content or other seller’s posts. Tips should never be used in any self-promotional way. Posts that are considered redundant or otherwise a poor fit may be removed or moved to another category. Repeatedly posting tips that are a poor fit may result in posting restrictions.

Source: Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's - #2 by fonthaunt

On 2/22/2021 at 10:58 AM, kholmurod96 said:

Can I share a project with other fiverr freelancer for free just to get some reviews?

No, I’m afraid not. You can only rely on proper customers for reviews.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:59 AM, imagination7413 said:

I am not sure whether you are talking to me?

You’ve made a thread that only links to your own threads. This is unnecessary and, indeed, redundant.

Plus those threads you link to, the first half of all of them are near identical. That makes them look like self-promotion threads (you outright say “I provide proofreading, editing and writing services on Fiverr.”). It’s great that you want to help newcomers, but talking about yourself makes these “Fiverr Stories” or “My Fiverr Gigs”, not “Tips”.

The first tips isn’t even much of a tip, it’s just general good advice. Differentiation is a foundation of entrepreneurship. The second tip is good, but Fiverr itself already covers most of it in it’s own help pages. The third tip is decent, though still basic business practices, but you provided more details that are not as well known, so that’s good.

You’ve made a thread that only links to your own threads. This is unnecessary and, indeed, redundant.

Plus those threads you link to, the first half of all of them are near identical. That makes them look like self-promotion threads (you outright say “I provide proofreading, editing and writing services on Fiverr.”). It’s great that you want to help newcomers, but talking about yourself makes these “Fiverr Stories” or “My Fiverr Gigs”, not “Tips”.

The first tips isn’t even much of a tip, it’s just general good advice. Differentiation is a foundation of entrepreneurship. The second tip is good, but Fiverr itself already covers most of it in it’s own help pages. The third tip is decent, though still basic business practices, but you provided more details that are not as well known, so that’s good.

There is a steady flow of new sellers joining Fiverr. My only reason for posting my tips/advice is to help those sellers, just as others helped me when I first started on Fiverr. Thanks for your opinion.

Hi, Rosebarlow

I hope this message finds you in good health and spirit.
I am also struggling of Fiverr form last three months, I am not receiving any order yet. I think something wrong with my Gig or too much competition. Kindly guide me about this issue how can I got orders on my Gig.

Hi, Rosebarlow

I hope this message finds you in good health and spirit.

I am also struggling of Fiverr form last three months, I am not receiving any order yet. I think something wrong with my Gig or too much competition. Kindly guide me about this issue how can I got orders on my Gig.

Hello there, When you first start, in order to boost your orders I would advise lowering your prices. Once you have some positive reviews, you can raise your prices.

• 1 month later...

What can you advise me to get my first order?

Hi there, It takes time! You have only just joined so you will have to be patient. Take time to make your profile look attractive, make sure your description is well-written and encourages people to buy from you. Hone your gig descriptions. Add examples of your work in the pictures. What are your strong points? Why should I buy from you? Take some of the free fiverr courses available whilst you are waiting for your first sale. Once you have got your first order, make sure to give an excellent service.

@rosebarlow Hi Rose! Your tips inspired me a lot. I am a new seller and have started my Fiverr journey back in September 2020. Till now my gigs haven’t been sold yet or got any single order.
My day’s start with a positive expectation and enthusiasm but end with sadness. I don’t know how sellers are getting tons of orders here.
Can you please figure out what exactly issue with my profile. I will appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

Hello!

I am not totally new to Fiverr though I did join only 2-3 months ago. I had successfully done 6 projects but then I tested positive for covid-19 during my 7th one. The seller refused to be understanding and insisted on cancelling the order. The 2 week hiatus and the cancelled order seems to have seriously cost me because I am not getting anymore orders.

Any tips on how to rectify this situation?

• 10 months later...
  • Make sure you read what the customer wants properly - read the exact details 
  • Only make an offer if you can manage to do the job
  • Make sure you use great English when you reply; check for grammar problems and spelling mistakes
  • Tell the customer why you would be great for this job
  • Make reference to what they have requested so they know this is not just a blanket answer you send out - it must be a personalised answer if you are to be successful
  • Price your offer competitively, and if they have quoted a particular budget, try to stay close to that budget

If you have done all of this then you have done your best. Remember, the buyer will probably receive lots of offers. Yours needs to stand out, but even if it does stand out, there may be another seller who pips you to the post. They may be more qualified, have a better way with words, or something in their offer may have caught the buyer's eye. You can't always be the one that is chosen, and that's just the way it is.

Archived